Light Saber

Power was out in the entire city a lil over an hour before midnight....no flashlights so I had my trusty IM000349.jpg

then I got a lil bored with that one so I went ahead and IM000354.jpg

What sucks, is I just replaced the batteries yesterday, and they're gonna die again.

Awesome way to use those lightsabers. Sucks why you had to use them that way, but still an awesome use for them. Although I've read they have a safety feature where they auto-turn off after a set amount of time of non-use while being activated.

Never noticed an auto feature, but I had it in my hand moving around so it sets the movement sensors to make the woosh sounds all the time, my folks were getting pretty damn annoyed.

I did take some really good pictures yesterday though.

post-600-1136238883_thumb.jpg

post-600-1136238910_thumb.jpg

whats with all the saber hating around here? especially from the guy that runs this site? :rolleyes:

I think we all have equally nerdy hobbies... paying $300 for a 20 year old plastic robot isn't any "cooler" than paying $300 for a replica movie prop. all the bashing just got me a little worked up...

so anyways I own a Master Replicas ROTS Yoda 1:1 saber and plan on purchasing an MR ROTS Anakin 1:1 saber this Friday.

I absolutely love my Yoda saber.. I wouldn't exactly call it a "$300 paper weight" but then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think what MR is doing is fantastic and the $300 you pay is very worth it because you get a nice plexi stand, plaque and each saber is a limited edition. I've always been fascinated with the old stories of how the props department made the sabers from the original movies out of old found parts like the Graflex flash gun and WW1 gernades so to be able to own a licensed replicated prop is just really cool to me.

for my next hobby project I'm going to try and build a Luke saber from the ground up out of a Graflex tube and some ebay parts. should be fun. :)

so don't hate on us guys walking around the house making "humming" noises with our sabers because you're the guys walking around the house making "swooshing" noises with your toy robots. :D

True, one day I'd like to build my own saber, but right now I'm just fine collecting them.

My Luke EP6 should arrive tomorrow.......but Fedex hasn't shown any progress since it was picked up back on the 30th in Fortworth.....talk about bad tracking.

Yeaaaaaaaaah tracking changed over an hour ago :lol: I should see it I guess before 2 PM tomorrow.

Edited by Hikuro

I got my Luke EP6 this morning. However it was a pain to take some pictures cause lately my camera zaps the batteries with or without the flash......that really irritates me.

IM000380a.jpg

IM000382.jpg

IM000381.jpg

Overall opinion of it is well, guess its decent.

Because of the cold weather, at first touch the metal is just ICE cold, which was a surprise cause it was insulated so well, but weathers been nasty here in NW.

The power switch is located on the side of the movie's "power switch" its really just a little black nob that you push.

The blade was very bright, and I really liked how light and easy it felt on my hands compared to Anakin's or Vaders......it was right up there with Windu's. I'd say its because of those grips that cause the discomfort when holding.

SFX's are just the same as the Gen3 versions, 4 SFX's, and power up and down lighting effects....its not bad, but I really do think the hilt feels a bit blah.

Still I like it.

:lol:

Nice pics, though.

I love the blade on the Luke Ep VI and like the handle. It's easily the lightest of the handles and feels nice and cool. I actually think the thick neck makes more sense than the prop accurate thinner one, if for durability if nothing else. The control box doesn't get in the way like the Anakin model.

The blade of the Mace is probably the most disapointing. It's great to have purple but just can't do purple LED's that compare in brightness to the blue/red/green of the other FX sabers. On it's own it's great. And the Sound FX on the Ep III are much improved over the Ep II.

I'd have to say that the Ep3 Anakin is my favorite, both from aesthetics of of it's industrial look to be being prop accurate. The blade is bright and the sound FX loud. I'd prefer the D-ring ot the belt clip though for hand placement ala Ep IV/V

They're all great, though, IMO.

My Voice Changing Vader Helmet, because I'm not willing to dish out the money for a nifty MR Vader Helmet. And my Anakin ROTS FX lightsaber.

dscf00531sl.jpg

By the way, MR has up on their site now the Anakin AOTC mini lightsaber, Obi-wan ANH Weathered mini (it looks like the weathering is slightly different from the previous exclusive), and for pre-order I think Luke ANH mini.

No word of the Qui-gon mini yet. :(

• 2 weeks later...

bump from page 5.

my MR Obi-Wan TPM Elite Edition came in this morning, it's in the low 80s (out of 1250).

now that I have the Obi-Wan, I am going to try and convert my Larbel Obi-Wan into an LED based one, looking at Hyperdyne blades now, but I need to get someone's broken bladed FX so I can rip out the sound board and see if it will fit in my Larbel.

dsc018144td.jpg

dsc018174rk.jpg

dsc018217cl.jpg

dsc018232uj.jpg

also, some more pics of the converted Luxeons next to stock MR. (no flash) the converted Luxeons are in the middle.

dsc018107am.jpg

ok, i'd take more pics, but the body shop just called and I have to find a way to go get my car since my wife didn't wake me this morning and took her car to work. how inconsiderate..... :p

I'm more curious about that Skull Leader YF-19 in the background.  :)

363927[/snapback]

:)

It's a 1/72 Yamato VF-19A repainted, there's still some light blue that should be repainted that you can see from the backside, but front view battroid and fighter looks nice. now if I only remember how to transform it. I need to go find the instructions...

:blink:

That Obi-wan EE is just beautiful. Man. I want one, but it was too much for me at the time and it's too much for me now.

I guess I'll wait for a LE or CE version to be released (not as great materials, but oh well).

Damn! That thing looks so cool! :D Congrats on the addition to your collection Chowser!

Quick question:

Why does the Luke EP6 and Maxe FX take 6AA, While the Vader and Anakin ony take 3AA.

Also, I have seen some Luke EP6 say they take 3AA.

I have the Vader FX that takes 3AA, and I know it's the new design.

I am thinking about getting a Luke EP6, but am not sure which one to get.

Any help would be appriciated.

Quick question:

Why does the Luke EP6 and Maxe FX take 6AA, While the Vader and Anakin ony take 3AA.

Also, I have seen some Luke EP6 say they take 3AA.

I have the Vader FX that takes 3AA, and I know it's the new design.

I am thinking about getting a Luke EP6, but am not sure which one to get.

Any help would be appriciated.

364441[/snapback]

Well everything made before the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB FXs take 6AA batteries. That includes the Mace Windu and Luke ROTJ lightsabers.

Master Replicas reissued the Mace Windu lightsaber, possibly with upgraded sound module, but I can't be certain on that. The Luke ROTJ FX was re-released as a UK/Borders exclusive, with upgraded blade (EL to LED), and I believe it had an upgraded sound module and it takes 6AA batteries.

If you wait, later this year a Obi-wan ROTS FX is coming out. It has the fat "neck" like the Luke ROTJ also. There's also the Darth Maul FX coming out soon. Hell, if you get two, you can connect them and have his full lightsaber! :D

edit: checked and the Luke ROTJ does still use 6AA batteries.

Oh yeah, The Saber Vault has the Luke ANH LE up for sale now.

Edited by Sumdumgai

There's something rattling inside my Anakin ROTS and it's driving me crazy.

Any ideas what it is? It's something loose and rattling everytime I pick it up and swing it around.

How do you go about Luxeon conversion? Do you replace the LED strip with new LEDs or something? Who does it and how much does it cost?

90% of "something rattling inside" problems are the little ball inside the hilt that is the sensor so that it knows it's being swung, and to make appropriate sounds.

In other words: that's how its supposed to be. Same as the "rattling ball" in an Xbox 360--it's how it knows which way is up.

There's something rattling inside my Anakin ROTS and it's driving me crazy.

Any ideas what it is? It's something loose and rattling everytime I pick it up and swing it around.

How do you go about Luxeon conversion? Do you replace the LED strip with new LEDs or something? Who does it and how much does it cost?

364561[/snapback]

from posting at FXsabers.com.... i found that the rattling noise is actually the motion sensor that causes the variant hums when u swing ur FX saber...

Chowser had a bunch of posts about his conversions somewhere in teh middle of this thread..... since FX's sabers are so cheap now... i was considering getting a conversion done myself....

As far as I know, there hasn't been any sound effect upgrades done to the Windu sabers, mine was boxed 2005 and had the crappy sound with the idle hum which had a noticable pause compared to the others.

364613[/snapback]

are u sure??? my Mace has upgraded sounds.... has all 4 clash sounds.... dunno about the quality of the hum....

does ur box say Ep. 3 Revenge of the Sith on it??? it might be the older model.....

I picked up my Mace today and yeah it does not sound as good as the others. It's not as bright either. I also ordered the Stormtroopers blaster too. I'll take some pics when I get it.

The latest MR newletter shows the Qui-gon LE ($370). The CE version is also shown. The description indicates that it is made from resin, metal and aluminum. No price is listed, just a note saying that it is currently available through their retail partners.

There's some further news on the CE saber in the MR blog:

Qui-Gon Jinn The Phantom Menace Lightsaber Collectors Edition

Manufactured with the same attention to detail and quality you have come to expect from Master Replicas, the CEs are made from slightly different materials so they can be offered at a more affordable price point. Collectors Editions are currently available through Master Replicas retail partners.

This CE version of Qui-Gon's weapon offers the same outstanding attention to detail as its Limited Edition counterpart but features:

-Unlimited edition

-Machined aluminum sleeve

-Cast resin body and metal details

-New style display stand

-Certificate of authenticity

-Same quality workmanship as the LE

-Same great Customer Service support as our Limited and Studio Scale Editions

With price points to suit every pocket, it's never been easier to own a stunning Star Wars prop replica. So force yourself and snag one while they last!

The Qui Gon Collectors Edition MSRP is $199 and all interested collectors should contact their favorite Master Replicas Authorized Retailer to place an order!

thumb_tmp43e38bffba7d0_ce.jpg

A cheaper Qui-Gon was my most-wanted 1:1 scale, but it's still not quite cheap enough. That's still 6x the price of a .45 scale. And twice the price of an FX. Frankly, it should cost about the same as an FX---better hilt, but no blade/electronics.