Best Movie Badguy of all time?

Three new contenders today, the first one being season appropriate,

The second is General Zolo from Romancing the Stone. Watched it last night and he is bloody ruthless..

The third speaks for itself, I don't think he has been listed here before.....

back_to_the_future_biff.jpg

Gotta admit: I hadn't considered that before. That's gotta take some kinda amazing genes, to pass such prickery down through so many successive generations!

Gotta admit: I hadn't considered that before. That's gotta take some kinda amazing genes, to pass such prickery down through so many successive generations!

It's called inbreeding. LOL.

• 4 months later...

Lord Matsudaira Naritsugu (13 Assassins)

"Ruling is convenient, but only for rulers. The people must live to serve."

Cruel, sadistic samurai lord who rapes and kills as he pleases because he can and nobody can do anything about it. When a samurai commits harakiri in protest of his rule, Naritsugu uses that samurai's entire family for target practice. Because of his destructive nature, daimyo Doi Toshitsura has veteran samurai Shimada Shinzaemon assemble a band of warriors to assassinate Naritsugu before he assumes the position of shogun. Despite facing an army of over 200 guards and losing his life along with majority of the 13 assassins, Shinzaemon succeeds in making Naritsugu feel pain for the first time before decapitating him.

post-237-0-18138300-1337933205_thumb.jpg

Rebecca de Mornay from The Hand that Rocks the Cradle.

That breast feeding scene was disturbing...

• 4 months later...

Enough of the overacted, cartoonish villainry on display here, how about a bad guy who is truly cold and not even trying to kill the hero.

Richard Burton as O'Brien in Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Quotable quote: "You must love Him. It's not enough to obey him."

Edited by taksraven

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dennis hopper from "Blue Velvet" his role in that film actually made me look at that guy in a totally different manner.... Seriously creeped me out for years.

NSFW: Language, Nudity, and just plain weird and creepy.

Don't want you boss to think you are a freak lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reNY3qAtiDw

Edited by Loop

• 3 weeks later...

How can you guys forget the Bond villains?

Ernst Stavro Blofeld (just about every Connery-era Bond film)

"Siamese fighting fish, fascinating creatures. Brave but of the whole stupid. Yes they're stupid. Except for the occasional one such as we have here who lets the other two fight. While he waits. Waits until the survivor is so exhausted that he cannot defend himself, and then like SPECTRE... he strikes!"

Ruthless (oftentimes faceless, as the earlier films just showed his hands holding his white Persian cat) leader of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., he was the benchmark of all diabolical, plot-scheming film terrorists. Became a more hated villain when he gunned down Bond's wife in the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Auric Goldfinger (Goldfinger)

"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!"

While Blofeld was the leading Bond terrorist, Goldfinger set the standards for the evil tycoon character seen in many other Bond films. Surprisingly enough, Gert Fröbe, who played Goldfinger, never really spoke a word of English.

Alec Travelyan (GoldenEye)

"I might as well ask if all those vodka martinis silence the screams of all the men you've killed... or if you've found forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women for the dead ones you failed to protect?"

He wasn't rich and he didn't lead a major terrorist group, but he was just downright evil. He betrayed England and he took his hatred for Bond way too personally.

For years, I always considered these three as the benchmarks for James Bond villains. But this year, they've all been upstaged by this guy:

Raoul Silva (Skyfall)

"She sent you after me, knowing you're not ready, knowing you would likely die. Mommy was very bad."

Like Alec Travelyan, Raoul Silva is a former MI6 agent. However, he has no personal grudge on Bond. Instead, his hatred is focused solely on M; and he demonstrates this by slowly dismantling MI6 through a series of mind games. As a matter of fact, his unpredictability makes him the 007 equivalent to the late Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker.

To find out more, go watch Skyfall.

post-237-0-03287500-1351790268_thumb.jpg

Like Alec Travelyan, Raoul Silva is a former MI6 agent. However, he has no personal grudge on Bond. Instead, his hatred is focused solely on M; and he demonstrates this by slowly dismantling MI6 through a series of mind games. As a matter of fact, his unpredictability makes him the 007 equivalent to the late Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker.

Don't know if he's already been mentioned, but seeing your post prompts me to name another one of Javier Bardem's characters as an "ultimate" bad guy, which was Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. That guy killed just about everyone he met, but he did it without feeling or remorse or the slightest hint of emotion; he was just an unstoppable killing machine with an agenda. In the novel he was portrayed as an instrument of fate/death, and Javier coldly, gives us that image perfectly...

Don't know if he's already been mentioned, but seeing your post prompts me to name another one of Javier Bardem's characters as an "ultimate" bad guy, which was Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. That guy killed just about everyone he met, but he did it without feeling or remorse or the slightest hint of emotion; he was just an unstoppable killing machine with an agenda. In the novel he was portrayed as an instrument of fate/death, and Javier coldly, gives us that image perfectly...

Not to mention that he won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for this role.

Alec Travelyan (GoldenEye)

"I might as well ask if all those vodka martinis silence the screams of all the men you've killed... or if you've found forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women for the dead ones you failed to protect?"

He wasn't rich and he didn't lead a major terrorist group, but he was just downright evil. He betrayed England and he took his hatred for Bond way too personally.

In a way its hard for me to view Alec as a true evil villan or bad guy. Unlike most of the other Bond enemies he had a damn good reason for everything he did. As a Cossack his people in light of the purges post revolution viewed the soviets as the greater evil fought for the germans in WWII. At the end of the war the British gathered them up man, woman, and child into prison camps for repatriation, something the Cossacks knew was certain death. At Lienz the British met with camp leaders and lied to them that they were all going to a conference with top ranked leaders. When they found out what was really going on they resisited and were then fired apon, beaten, and forced into trains before being turned over to the Soviets who promptly started executing them within earshot of the British.

What makes it worse for Alec is his family survived the ordeal fleeing to England where his father out of grief and survivors guilt snapped and in a homicidal rage killed everyone in his family before killing himself leaving Alec an orphan. In light of this I really can't blame him for wanting to take revenge on the two countries that destroyed his life. His hatred of Bond comes from him resetting the facility bombs from 5 to 3 minutes blowing half his face off, and the fact that he's an unquestioning lap dog.

I like the TDK Joker and Clu.

Jeff Bridges, with his 30 years younger CGI and bad guy face, was especially creepy in that movie...

Jeff Bridges, with his 30 years younger CGI and bad guy face, was especially creepy in that movie...

Yeah, and he looked cool. For me a villain must be iconic in appearance as well, and didn't really show much emotion that was his downfall like most other villains mentioned.

For years, I always considered these three as the benchmarks for James Bond villains. But this year, they've all been upstaged by this guy:

Raoul Silva (Skyfall)

"She sent you after me, knowing you're not ready, knowing you would likely die. Mommy was very bad."

I saw skyfall, three way tie for best villan: This guy, Nurse Ratchet, and Ledger's Joker

• 3 months later...

Obadiah Stane (Iron Man)

"When I ordered the hit on you, I was worried that I was killing the golden goose. But, you see, it was just fate that you survived it, leaving one last golden egg to give. You really think that just because you have an idea, it belongs to you? Your father, he helped give us the atomic bomb. Now what kind of world would it be today if he was as selfish as you?"

In his attempt to take full control of Stark Industries, Stane orders the Ten Rings to assassinate Tony Stark in Afghanistan. When his plan fails, he has the Ten Rings wiped out and acquires Stark's Iron Man Mk. I armor to construct his Iron Monger armor before taking Stark's Mk. II Arc Reactor away from him.

"How ironic, Tony! Trying to rid the world of weapons, you gave it its best one ever! And now, I'm going to kill you with it!"

post-237-0-08164400-1361335845.jpg

How could we forget Clarence Boddicker from RoboCop?

"See, I got this problem. Cops don't like me. So I don't like cops."

"Ooh...guns, guns, GUNS! Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game."

^ This. Clarence still has some of the best quotes ever.

And you can't be a proper bad guy without mercilessly killing your own henchmen like he does.

When there was only the holy trilogy, I would have said Vader, but I'm gonna have to say Terminator from the first film. He was just a cold, soul-less, heartless killing machine with no remorse. He was the grim reaper. He was only fun as a good guy for the second movie so I was glad they brought him back in Salvation to kill again.....too bad he didn't actually kill anybody.

Haha, Vader:

go-home-dad-youre-drunk2.jpg

• 6 months later...

Kruger (Elysium)

"It's just a flesh wound!"

Talk about a complete psycho. Sharlto Copley delivers his best performance as a mentally unstable mercenary in the future who shows absolutely no mercy or remorse. Even a grenade to the face doesn't stop him. He's basically Clarence Boddicker mixed with Detective Stansfield plus some cybernetics.

post-237-0-09032500-1378299345_thumb.jpg

Edited by areaseven

The Neighbourhood Watch Alliance (Hot Fuzz)

"The Greater Good..."

For over two decades, Sandford in Gloucestershire has held the title for "Village of the Year", and there's a reason for that. Anyone the Neighbourhood Watch Alliance (NWA) sees as a nuisance to the village is "accidentally" disposed of, whether it's a horrible actor or a journalist who can't proofread right. They would've gotten away with it, had former London Sgt. Nicholas Angel not seen through the string of accidental deaths.

post-237-0-82539100-1378750027_thumb.jpg