Spider-man 3 Thread

Unofficial but definitely possible.

From AICN ( http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=19747 ), the villian for the 3rd movie is Sandman.

sandman sounds about good...altho i see that character as more ofa "thug" type person...

image curtiousy of rogercruz.com.br

post-26-1112143108_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Whoever the villain is, I hope it aint Mysterio or VUlture, those 2 are some of the crappiest villains in comics ever.

I think there's worse like "the living lazer" but he's an avenger's villian

(BTW wouldn't a New Avengers' movie be awesome?)

how about... Silver Sable, not so much as a villian but just to make things a little more complex...

As for crossover movies ther are already two out there that I know off... two of the old Hulk movies (the ones that followed the TV series) one had Daredevil and one had Thor.

I think Raimi will have Church as Sandman and Topher Grace will be a setup for next film as Venom. I actually like the idea of a younger evil version of Venom as more of an anti-Spidey, rather than a lout like Brock. To me, a Venom that is less a thug with a demented suit is far more interesting than the comic version.

Who knows what he'll do at this point... but if we gotta have Venom as villain in future movies, I'd rather it be something like this than a direct translation of the comic.

I think Raimi will have Church as Sandman and Topher Grace will be a setup for next film as Venom.

I actually really like that idea too. More of a mirror image of Peter than a bullying thug-type. Maybe even work the mirror image on MJ and Peter's relationship with Brock as some kind of nerdy MJ stalker who finds out Peter is MJ's old man and tries to get him out of the picture.

• 4 months later...

Now who will compose the soundtrack for Spider-Man 3?

Composer Danny Elfman came clean to About.com about his falling out with director Sam Raimi.

"I'm not working on 'Spider-Man 3,'" the composer said. "I'm out of that. I won't miss not doing it. 'Spider-Man 2' was a miserable experience. It's like my connection with Sam got completely severed. As far as I'm concerned, he went to sleep, somebody put a pod next to him and when he awoke, he wasn't the same person I'd known for a decade. He went from right there number two on my list of favorite directors to the exact opposite of what I look for in a film experience which is everything I could do on 'Spider-Man 1,' I couldn't do on 'Spider-Man 2.' He got so intensely attached to the temp music that I couldn't even adapt my own music close enough.

"Let me put it that way. I couldn't get close enough to me, least of all anybody else who was in the temp score. It's the first time I've ever walked from a director in 20 years and hopefully the last time I have to turn my back on somebody but it became like intolerable. And I've been on some heavy duty films, so to say that, it had to be pretty bad. I've been in war zones you couldn't believe in 55 films but this is the first time I said, ‘I've had it. It's just not worth it. I'd rather go back to waiting tables than to do 'Spider-Man 2' again, to have to have the same experience."

That's interesting. I have to admit I really liked both scores, so I'm not sure what Danny Elfman is complaining about. What's he mean 'temp music'? Does he mean the soundtrack for Spiderman 2 was just a rough sketch or something? If that's so, it came out just fine to me. I like that the two movies have similar themes and all, it makes it seem more connected.

I hate when winning teams get broken up. :( I hope they can find a good replacement, it'll be tough to improve on Elfman's score.

I hate when winning teams get broken up. :(  I hope they can find a good replacement, it'll be tough to improve on Elfman's score.

330809[/snapback]

Nah, it wouldn't be too hard to get someone better than Elfman. Just hire Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard. If you don't believe me, go buy the Batman Begins soundtrack.

That's interesting. I have to admit I really liked both scores, so I'm not sure what Danny Elfman is complaining about. What's he mean 'temp music'?  Does he mean the soundtrack for Spiderman 2 was just a rough sketch or something? If that's so, it came out just fine to me. I like that the two movies have similar themes and all, it makes it seem more connected.

I hate when winning teams get broken up. :(  I hope they can find a good replacement, it'll be tough to improve on Elfman's score.

330809[/snapback]

Generally, while director's are editing movies before the soundtrack is finished they use other music as placeholders, hence the phrase "temp music." Random trivia: The music in 2001: A Space Odyssey was originally just meant to be placeholder music, until Kubrick fell in love with it and cancelled the original compositions for the film.

In a recent interview, Kirsten Dunst all but confirmed that Topher Grace will be Venom in Spider-Man 3, to which I have to say... WTF!?!

Granted, the Spider-Man films had been taking liberties with Spidey and his origins, but at least Tobey McGuire kinda looks like Peter Parker. Topher Grace looks about as much like Eddie Brock as Tiger Woods does.

Apparrently in Spiderman Unlimited they made Brock more like Peter, just dressing more grungy or something. Thye were both smart.

Maybe they'll do more like that.

Topher could make a good anti-Tobey though in any case. I'm curious as to how they'll integrate both Sandman and Venom into the same movie. An odd combination, but the combo came straight from Dunst's interview. Throw in Hobgoblin or Green Goblin 2 for good measure. Pete's life will suck.

Something I read said Tohper might have made a better crazy Cletus as Carnage, but I think he could pull creepy or evil off if he tries as Brock.

Edited by Anubis

i could see schwarzenegger as kraven the hunter

Only if Joel Schumacher is directing Spidey 4.

*ducks incoming fire from A1* :ph34r:

272140[/snapback]

:mellow:

My muscles are too big for me to reach my own ass to wipe it, but maybe you could do it for me.

:lol:

In a recent interview, Kirsten Dunst all but confirmed that Topher Grace will be Venom in Spider-Man 3, to which I have to say... WTF!?!

Granted, the Spider-Man films had been taking liberties with Spidey and his origins, but at least Tobey McGuire kinda looks like Peter Parker.  Topher Grace looks about as much like Eddie Brock as Tiger Woods does.

332021[/snapback]

Ugh. In a way Sandman and Venom are kind of the same; they both manipulate their bodies into weapons and such. I fear CG overkill on this.

Granted, the Spider-Man films had been taking liberties with Spidey and his origins, but at least Tobey McGuire kinda looks like Peter Parker.  Topher Grace looks about as much like Eddie Brock as Tiger Woods does.

332021[/snapback]

Ugh. In a way Sandman and Venom are kind of the same; they both manipulate their bodies into weapons and such. I fear CG overkill on this.

332074[/snapback]

CGI overkill was a given. It's pretty much been a given in the Spider-Man movies.

What made up for it was the fact that, like some of the better Spider-Man comic books, there was a lot of focus on the characters themselves, outside their costumes. Tobey managed to pull off a pretty good Peter Parker. Topher... he could have totally pulled off Peter Parker. I doubt he could do crazy enough, but he's scrawny enough to have been Carnage. But Venom? I don't care what kind of pimple-faced angry youth Bendis wrote him as in Ultimate Spider-Man, in the regular continuity that's been going on for nigh on 20 years, Eddie Brock was a big guy. Like Agent One big. I don't have a problem with Topher as an actor, but the only way they could have cast someone LESS like Eddie Brock would have been to cast a six-year old girl. Michael Clark Duncan would have been a better choice (we were willing to overlook the fact that the Kingpin was supposed to be white in Daredevil).

Topher as Venom... O_o. I keep wondering if Topher would have made a better Parker than even McGuire. At least he might have made a better Spiderman, with his dry, sarcastic wisecracks. But Venom?!

I wish they'd have saved Venom for a fourth movie, just so we can see more of black Spidey, and even get used to the idea, with the movie ending with him in his new "costume".

-Al

I'm pretty confident Topher will work out fine. They can't follow the comics too close, just never enough time. Topher and Tobey are so similar in size and looks and personality, I think that's exactly why they chose Topher. He'll represent what Peter would've been if he chose 'the dark side' in a sense.

I assume Sandman will be like an early battle to show what Spidey's been up to since the last movie. Should be fun.

I wonder if they'll ever do anything with the Lizard? They showed him (Peter's one armed Professor) in Spiderman 2.

I think Kraven would make a great Villain... he'd have to eat Spiders to become one with his prey... :o

I heard that Kate Hudson was originally offered the MJW role, but she turned it down. I'm not sure shes a better actress ( Dunst is pretty wooden) but shes alot more plausible as a model/actress than Dunst. As far as redheads go, I'd rather see Alyson Hannigan in the role, but she probably couldn't pull off the 'model' aspect and was already typecast as a lesbian vampire hunting witch. Alicia Witt might have been another solid choice. I just don't really like Dunst at all, I don't think she adds or takes away from the movies, I think the role could have gone to anyone and still worked out.

I agree, MJW's role didn't exactly require an oscar-calibre actress, but I still believe the best actress for the role was Alicia Witt. As far as performance, her abilities are on par with Kirsten Dunst's. But when it comes to looks, she most closely resembles the MJW of the 80's and 90's (recent comics make her look like she's 15, probably some lame marketing ploy). Dunst just doesn't look like any incarnation of MJW, nor does she carry any of her charisma. Bad casting, justifiable in that Dunst happened to be an "it" girl when the movie was being made.

aliciaW022.jpg

CGI overkill was a given. It's pretty much been a given in the Spider-Man movies.

Regardless of who's playing who, I sense a large amount of CGI coming. They made DocOc good but they skimped a tad on Spidey in S2. With 3 guys that need CGI... I don't know....lots of CGI is good when used properly (SW, LotR), but the stuff I've seen in Spidey, it could be better.

Topher as Venom... O_o.  I keep wondering if Topher would have made a better Parker than even McGuire.  At least he might have made a better Spiderman, with his dry, sarcastic wisecracks.  But Venom?!

I wish they'd have saved Venom for a fourth movie, just so we can see more of black Spidey, and even get used to the idea, with the movie ending with him in his new "costume".

-Al

332135[/snapback]

You never know, man. Maybe Topher-Venom's part is just establishing a Venom-intro/origin and we have to wait to get to see the full-on Venom-vs-Spidey in Spidey-4 and Spidey-5.

Complete with Carnage in Spidey-5. :ph34r:B))

Perhaps they'll just get Topher as Brock in S3, which is all well and good. BUT, can the sandman really carry a whole movie as the main villian. He always seemed to me to be a little ... mega-lame? I haven't read any of the Ultimate books, but how did they explain the symbiote in them? Was it an alien creature? Other-dimensional creature? Horrible lab experiment gone wrong (most likely scenario in the "realistic" world of the spidey flicks)?

Apparrently in Spiderman Unlimited they made Brock more like Peter, just dressing more grungy or something.  Thye were both smart.

In the Ultimate Universe, Eddie Brock is a normal college student. He only gets super buff when the suit takes over. It can work, why the hell not?

In the ultimate universe venom was a suit designed to help people rejuvenate damaged cells or something, and then something else happened when eddie brock came into the pic, but yes it was a failed experiment that both eddie's and peter's fathers worked on together before peter's father went missing

You never know, man. Maybe Topher-Venom's part is just establishing a Venom-intro/origin  and we have to wait to get to see the full-on Venom-vs-Spidey in Spidey-4 and Spidey-5.

Complete with Carnage in Spidey-5.  :ph34r:  B))

332161[/snapback]

Someone somewhere said that it'd have been interesting to see Topher as Ben Reily (Peter's clone in one of the arcs that took over the role of Spidey, and even convinced Peter at one time that Peter was the clone.)

-Al

Nooooooooooooooo not the Spidey-clone :ph34r:

Sweatshirt spider man :lol:

Edited by Anubis

You never know, man. Maybe Topher-Venom's part is just establishing a Venom-intro/origin  and we have to wait to get to see the full-on Venom-vs-Spidey in Spidey-4 and Spidey-5.

Complete with Carnage in Spidey-5.  :ph34r:  B))

332161[/snapback]

Someone somewhere said that it'd have been interesting to see Topher as Ben Reily (Peter's clone in one of the arcs that took over the role of Spidey, and even convinced Peter at one time that Peter was the clone.)

-Al

332329[/snapback]

I could see Topher as Ben Reilly. The clone story was kinda lame, but the actual Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider character was pretty good.

Please allow me to pee pee on the idea of introducting the Clone story.

Dude, it was bad enough that it nearly ruined a 40 year old comic. Let's not let it foul a 6 year old movie franchise.

Personally, I've never cared much for Venom, despite loving the black suit design when Spidey wore it. Venom's just not much of threat when it's being used by a really, really dumb career criminal. I'd much prefer an idea like an anti-Peter (Topher Grace) who isn't uneducated, but lacks Peter's morality.

It'd make a more interesting story to me.

i watch the movies for the action sequences and to see Spidey swinging around. I dont really care much for the hack job stories and the OC style acting. The villians are great actors (including Harry) but the rest is just too TV soapy for me.

Please allow me to pee pee on the idea of introducting the Clone story.

Dude, it was bad enough that it nearly ruined a 40 year old comic.  Let's not let it foul a 6 year old movie franchise.

A-MEN!! I don't want to even think of the clone story.

I don't like any of the spiderman movies , much more fun to read the old comics in my Spidey collection.

When venom appeared in the comics , one got the feeling that they sort of lost the plot and was looking for something ........

Maybe in today's one-liner movies he'll be a hit ?

Edited by Rodavan