End of Macross toy production?

1 VF-1 2NV

to me, getting new macross stuff is similiar to the method of saving money for rainy day first. save now so i will have enough to buy when release.

Btw, macross will never end. just taking their own sweet time.

don't know why, i've a weird feeling tat i am going to see a vf-01s "soon" :p

extra pocket money..buy whatever i likes B))

be patient, re-watch Mac anime & listen to sountracks thousand times & they will come :lol:

Edited by alvaro

Heh, I can just picture it, with no new Macross toys to spend their money on, hoards of MWers will be emerging pale and blinking from their homes into the sunlight for the first time in 5 years to actually get a life and spend their hard earned money on.........gasp........girls instead of toys! :lol:

Graham

What is this... "girl" of which you speak?

Is it anything like a Gamecube? Or an XBox?

Heh, I can just picture it, with no new Macross toys to spend their money on, hoards of MWers will be emerging pale and blinking from their homes into the sunlight for the first time in 5 years to actually get a life and spend their hard earned money on.........gasp........girls instead of toys!  :lol:

Graham

heh... heh... he said "box" heh... heh...

the best you can transform them into is Gerwalk mode, if your good with them :rolleyes: but they are super poseable so that makes up for lack of not being able to fully transform, i will probably continue to collect Gundam stuff, and some rarer Macross model and resin kits, once i see them. seems like their will always be a fan base so we will most likly see fan based resin kits for awhile, though i would much rather have official stuff.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

The one thing that would really, REALLY help is if this whole licensing crap would be finally resolved and Yamato could actively persue the US and international market like had been planned back in 1999/2000 and that would mean further continued development of new Macross goods.

Actually, I was thinking about this today and wondering if HG preventing Yamato selling in the international market has really hurt Yamato's sales or not?

Even if Yamato had been able to sell in the US and elsewhere at the lower prices they proposed, the toys are still not cheap mass-market toys by any means and so would not really appeal to the casual toy buyer.

It's my opinion that Yamato's transforming Macross toys are only really of interest to Macross and RT fans. And let's face it, if those fans who are hardcore enough to want to buy Macross toys (i.e. most of Macrossworld :D ) will always find a way to get them regardless of any interference by HG or not.

And we all know, it's hardly difficult importing Macross toys through online stores.

Graham

If you read these boards enough along with robotech.com, you will see that there have been quite a few people who have had to limit their spending (or not buy anything at all) because of the price of importing the Macross toys from Japan not to mention Toynami's prces for their goods. The last 1/48th scale VF-1 I bought was Hikaru's Super VF-1J. Spending almost $400 to get Max and Millia's Super VF-1J was too much for my wallet to handle a year ago so I pass those two over. I recently decided to suspend my purchase of the Konig Monster simply because that is $150 I could use elsewhere right now. 5 years of buying all these pricy imports has really burned me out. <_<

Back in 2000, Kevin Lam was going to sell the Macross Plus toys for about $40 apiece (depending on how many you bought). I remember sending him a check for like $81 to pay for TWO YF-19's. When all was said and done, I ended up spending well over $200 to get two of these. :angry:

Trust me Graham, it would have been a huge relief on our wallets if these could have been sold domestically. More Macross and Robotech fans would have been buying up their stuff, but also it would have drawn interest from curious and more casual fans.

It's my opinion that Yamato's transforming Macross toys are only really of interest to Macross and RT fans. And let's face it, if those fans who are hardcore enough to want to buy Macross toys (i.e. most of Macrossworld  ) will always find a way to get them regardless of any interference by HG or not.

I don't think that's entirely true- I'm not really a macross fan (all i've ever seen of it is the movie version of mac plus), but I love the yamato stuff because theyre great transforming toys. Were they more easily available, I'm sure I would have got more than the singular 1/60 I've currently got. I'd love a 1/48, but the cost is just too much for me.

Heh, I can just picture it, with no new Macross toys to spend their money on, hoards of MWers will be emerging pale and blinking from their homes into the sunlight for the first time in 5 years to actually get a life and spend their hard earned money on.........gasp........girls instead of toys! :lol:

Graham

:lol::lol::lol: ... wait a sec... :blink:

Well, I guess I'll try to finish up my collection and try to get one of each 1/48 vf-1 (not going to bother trying to get a low-viz) with fps before they start climbing out of my price range. After that, use the extra funds to take my wife out to dinner once in awhile, instead of hitting the $1 menu at McDs.

now that i think of it, all these new episode 3 lego sets are coming out in the next couple of months so this isn't a bad thing. :) plus aoishima(sp?) releasing the aliens dropship in may or something and then the long-awaited-if-it-happens 1/48 GBP armor. so its all good in my hood. B))

off topic....

if you want to see the pics and info from Toy Fair regarding all the new lego sets, click this LINK :)

Edited by haterist

Heh, I can just picture it, with no new Macross toys to spend their money on, hoards of MWers will be emerging pale and blinking from their homes into the sunlight for the first time in 5 years to actually get a life and spend their hard earned money on.........gasp........girls instead of toys!  :lol:

Graham

:lol::lol::lol: ... wait a sec... :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::p Funnay indeed! :p

As usual, it seems like there's a lot of jumping to conclusions without a lot of facts. It's fun to debate, but let's not get to adamant in our opions.

Yes, it's possible Macross toys are winding down to an eventual hault. But it's also possible that this is just a lull before another surge.

Personally, I think we'll probably see a trickle continue. The 1/48 GBP, and maybe some re-releases of the existing 1/48 valks. But nothing too terribly exciting other than that.

H

Super poseable but really really costly <_<:ph34r:

Usually very high maintenance as well ;) .

Graham

However, keep in mind they come equipped with a legioss style docking ability and a great deal of sensory stimulation equipment. "Girls" are actually an excellent buy - if you have the money.

But since I'm broke I stay home and play with my toys.

I would like to see one more, just one more surprise from Yamato before leaving the Macross business. Hopefully, Yamato will give us something good like, lest say a 1/48 CANNON FODDER, c'mon dude please lest complete the collection. Am I right MW guys?

-Yeah girls, cant live with them, and you cant ... whatever-

Super poseable but really really costly <_<:ph34r:

Usually very high maintenance as well ;) .

Graham

However, keep in mind they come equipped with a legioss style docking ability and a great deal of sensory stimulation equipment. "Girls" are actually an excellent buy - if you have the money.

But since I'm broke I stay home and play with my toys.

BAD MENTAL IMAGE!

Or to continue the theme...

COVER THAT NOSECONE!

Picked up a Millia Q-Rau and a 1/60 Super-O today. Can't wait for them to arrive. I'm thinking that the next time I have the money (wich won't be until sometime after I move in April), I'm going to track down an Elintseeker, and the Max and Millia 1/48 VF-1J toys. Maybe even a 1/60 Strike and GBP. So many Valkyries I don't have. Utnil I can't find anything I'm looking for anymore, or they go beyond the price range I'm willing to pay, I don't think I'll be hurting for Macross toys for quite a while, even if Yamato stops releasing Macross stuff altogether. Still, I'd like to see more from them, especially VF-X series toys like the Konig.

It´s a shame I´ll never get a VF-5000 toy nor a VF-19S from Yamato.

Well at least I can get a Koenig , who could´ve imagined it a year ago. :huh:

HHMMMMM!!! VF-5000..... :( Man that would have been cool. Although I don't think too many people would have got it.