Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

Hehe.. The N-1 actually looks EXACTLY like a hood ornament I saw on some old car once.. :p

What's funny is that they used to make the ships out of parts from real model kits.. now they just look like weird computerized clones of em...See, by using real life PARTS of planes and cars, I think it actually made the ships themselves look somewhat more real.

For instance:

X-Wing: J-79 engines from F-4 Phantom, nosecone from some kind of dragster

Y-wing: All the spare landing gear and car engine parts from COUNTLESS kits

B-Wing: Wings taken from an f-18 (mounted backwards)

A-Wing: Most of the body of the ship is made out of the upper halves of F-14 wing gloves. The vents on the back are two F-16 intakes mounted back to back. The canopy looks like it's from an f-86, mounted backwards.. Engines in general look like they were taken from the intake ducting of an F-16. All in all, it's got more real parts there than made up ones. You could probably scratchbuild your own A-Wing VERY easily from existing model kits.

Now, for the prequels..

N-1= hood ornament

Amidala's cruiser= Chromed SR-71

Gunship= Hind-D with mini-Death Star turrets :D

Jedi Starfighter: Kind of like an A-Wing actually...but without sacrificing 1/32 scale F-14 kits.

The designs haven't been bad, but overall, I think they lack the creativity of the old ships. I still think they should've had Z-95 Headhunters and brand new fancy Y-Wings in EpIII. Heck, the Y-wings were supposed to be OLD in ANH.

As for the music, I've really missed some of the classic trilogy themes.. granted, with the style of matching music to characters, the music's gotta change.. but I can't say I've walked away from the prequels with more than one theme that I actually remembered. The music just isn't that memorable in the prequels, except for a couple exceptions.

On the other hand, my internal mp3 player blasts out random bits of OT soundtrack in my brain for various random events in my everyday life...

Midterms/Finals: Into The Trap Part 1 from ROTJ and/or DS Attack from ANH

Anytime I see a cool sunset: Twin Sunset from ANH

Math Homework: Forest Battle from ROTJ

EVIL Math Homework: Imperial March

Relaxing/celebrating after a test: Ewok Victory Celebration (the YUB-YUB one, not the SE version)/Throne Room March/End Credits from any of the 3

And while my brain doesn't readily play them at will, I love the Han/Leia and Luke/Leia themes.

umm... yeah.. I probably listen to those cds too much. :rolleyes:

I was really hoping for THE DUEL they'd use some combo of the ANH Throne Room piece, and Duel of the fates... For the musically inclined, think of a 6/8 time remix of those two pieces, done with a french horn lead line, with choir inserting bits of Duel in between the main portions of the other theme. Best example of the sound I'm thinking of is probably the french horn solo when Vader tosses Palpy. That whole section of the soundtrack just gives me chills the whole way through. :D

Edited by Chronocidal

Here's the Hyperspace score clip for those that wanna hear.....http://www.blinky-productions.com/music/rotsclip.mp3

Sounds like Williams is back in his classic horn form (sounds like a Potter quote in there) and some choir.....Can't wait to hear the rest of it!!! :D

Good ideas Chronocidal, I know he's got a new 9-note theme for The Duel, but he could easily meld DotF with it and make something REALLY spectacular (and yeah the Force theme on brass as Vader carries off Palpatine still gives me shivers as well)

Priceless but you know Lucas is going to try to appeal to mass audiences, he won't torture the beloved JarJar. <_<

yeah, but how hard would it be to digitally add in Jar Jar to the fight scene between Yoda and the Emperor. Both of them would pick up Jar Jar and throw him and the other guy... or, Jar Jar is sitting in one of those senate booth thingies as he is mercilessly thrown at the emperior by Yoda.

Yoda thinks: "you dumbass prick alien, this is for getting Palpatine the frigging clone army in the first place... you froggy a-hole."

Here's the Hyperspace score clip for those that wanna hear.....http://www.blinky-productions.com/music/rotsclip.mp3

Sounds like Williams is back in his classic horn form (sounds like a Potter quote in there) and some choir.....Can't wait to hear the rest of it!!! :D

Good ideas Chronocidal, I know he's got a new 9-note theme for The Duel, but he could easily meld DotF with it and make something REALLY spectacular (and yeah the Force theme on brass as Vader carries off Palpatine still gives me shivers as well)

This the song that will be playing during the duel? Sweet. Though it does sound a little Harry Potterish.

Edited by Effect

A sort of pre-review of the ROTS soundtrack

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/post...26545&forumID=1

Thats awesome!! I always felt that the Ep1 and 2 soundtracks just were not very John Williams and Star Warsy enough. But from this read, it sounds as if he's gone back to his roots from the original trilogy and improved things.

I cant wait till the soundtrack comes out!!! Its killing me!

just finished reading the novel (the hardcover print, not the graphic novel). this should be one heck of a movie. things i didn't get though/general comments:

- if yoda and kenobi train with qui-gon on how to merge with the force, how does anakin pick up the trait?

- the skeletal death star frame reminds me of a what they used in the non-cannon sw novels

- definately watching the clone wars (or perhaps reading labrynith of evil) helps sets the stage for the movie. though in clone wars there were 3 jedi knights rescuing palpatine and in the novel they only mention 2

- the wookies dont even make it in the novel :|

THIS website has several tracks from the OST. I'm just listenin to track one now, and by god when "the force" theme creeps into the melee I got goosebumps. John Williams is a genius.

Gah!!!! I'm loving it so far!

Wow. I've grabbed all but four tracks from the soundscore, and so far, this has to be the best work I've heard on Williams' part.

I've been using the guide posted earlier on this thread to grab tracks. So far, it hasn't let me down.

downloading them now i like what i hear.

chris :)

Agreed. The melody that leads into the ending credits fanfare brings a tear to my eye.

;)

Thanks for the link bsu legato!

Okay Stupid question again!

Luke Skywalker, is the surname "Skywalker" as common as "Smith"? I ask this because we know Obiwan placed Luke with the Lars but Luke still kept his last name.

If I were Vader I would be on the casual look out for another skkkyy...wa...ker. If the name Skywalker ever came up in the Empire's computers I assume a squad of Storm Troopers would investigate. In all of Luke's life his name never was got entered or found out by the Empire? Luke wanted to send his application to the academy so, he must have mailed away for a school catalog, tried to get a credit card, get a land speeder licence or whatever. He didn't go as Luke Lars.

Got hold of the Visula dictionary and the Incredible Crosssections books today; anybvody else seen them? I really like the new direction of the Clone troopers and the new Star Destroyer (can't rember the name already) what do ya'll think about them?

Goodpoint about the last name. Maybe it isn't as common as Smith, but still fairly common, or maybe Tatooine is so back water that even with the liscence it doesn't really show up. It does make me wonder if the reason Owen Lars doesn't want Luke to send in his application is to protect him from Vader, maybe until that point Lars is able to keep Luke's last name and presence hidden with Obiwan's help.

Edited by Coota0

i am guessing it is probably a common name, either that or there is so many galaxies in the star wars universe that it was impossible for the empire to keep track of everything, everyone and deal with the rebels at the same time. i remember yoda in episode 2 saying that Dooku has gathered thousands of universes to his side (think about how many people that is in real life). maybe they just did not have the resources to deal with something like that

Tatooine was far too remote and backwater for anyone to really notice what was going on in there, same reason why Obi-Wan was able to hide out there for so long.

And if Luke had transmitted his application to the academy, so what? I highly doubt that Vader had enough free time to scan all the names of every applicant who wanted to get into the academy.

Plus, he wasn't really looking for Luke, so I strongly suspect that Luke could've applied and gotten in with nary as much as a blip on Vader's screen. Vader only became interested in Luke after the latter destroyed the first Death Star.

Actually, VADER wasn't even aware of the fact his children (or at least, one of them!) were alive, until it was revealed by the Emperor on episode 5. Could be why he's not on the look out for anyone with the same last name ;).

i am guessing it is probably a common name, either that or there is so many galaxies in the star wars universe that it was impossible for the empire to keep track of everything, everyone and deal with the rebels at the same time. i remember yoda in episode 2 saying that Dooku has gathered thousands of universes to his side (think about how many people that is in real life). maybe they just did not have the resources to deal with something like that

Systems not Galaxies.

I completley forgot Corey, Vader doesn't know Luke and Leia exist. although if he did all it would take would be a computer program to look for the name Skywalker in Academy applications.

awesome a death star lego set. :lol::lol: sweet... you could probably very easily make a death star 1 if you wanted. i myself always wanted that star destroyer kit.

chris

Check these new Sidious pic there is something wrong with his chin :

I'm wondering what's up with fat Palpatine. I mean, from the trailers and photos, it looks like we'll see normal Palpatine, fat evil Palpatine, and skinny evil Palpatine.

Wacky.

Check these new Sidious pic there is something wrong with his chin :

I'm wondering what's up with fat Palpatine. I mean, from the trailers and photos, it looks like we'll see normal Palpatine, fat evil Palpatine, and skinny evil Palpatine.

Wacky.

I don't know.... its strange... but I think it has something to do with Mace being the one who just farted his face up in the fight prior to the Empire.

"Star Wars" Cut Scene List

Posted:  Monday April 11th, 2005 11:15am

Source:  The Force.Net

Author:  Garth Franklin

The just released "The Making of Star Wars, Episide III" features an interesting list of deleted scenes that will not appear in the 'Revenge of the Sith' movie. Here's the list courtesy of The Force.Net. Be warned, it contains spoilers galore:

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: Federation Cruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape Grievous, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing

56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters

60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate

68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he nows they're in love

71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme

73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

75: Anakin confronts Padme

76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau

83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition

93: Utapau windmill

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST

176: Yoda lands on Dagobah.

Thanks to 'Cracker Jack'

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050411c.php