Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

Obi-wan was a bit better in terms of how he acted toward others. My only regret is that no one sliced up Yoda in the end... he got a dose of humility from palpy, and he was still acting like a snob in the end.

I agree, but if you'll remember Obi refers to Anakin as another pathetic lifeform in Ep.I

great pics, I like the camoflauge clone troopers and it is nice to see a few new pics of grevious

Edited by zeo-mare

Looking at the pics, I must say that Hayden is actually looking somewhat bad@$$ed in a couple shots, maybe he can be Vader after all. Portman is also starting to look attractive, but I'll still take Princess Leia over her. Also, am I the only one bugged by the voice over in the newest TV ads, its too chipper and light, like its for a movie about an animated gay mouse, not something that should be a dark action flick.

Also, am I the only one bugged by the voice over in the newest TV ads, its too chipper and light, like its for a movie about an animated gay mouse, not something that should be a dark action flick.

I think they're riffing on the old SW ads. Pure 70/80's cheese. But they still don't top that ESB trailer, narrated by Harrison Ford. "And introducing....Lando Calrissian!"

WHy are there so many pictures of vader in the suit swinging the lightsaber, since he never actually does in the movie?

Marketing? Aside from the "Tiny Hands" brigade, who doesn't like new Vader pics?

Well, I'm not in the "tiny hands brigade". . . but I will say that (whether due to the wussification he has undergone thanks to seeing him as a tiny child. . . or something actually inherent in the photo) Vader just does not seem as imposing in those pictures. He doesn't look as tall, and just lacks the presence that he always seemed to have in earlier photos. Are they using a shorter guy for the suit (or are those actually photos of Hayden wearing it)?

H

i think the reason why vader looks small isn't because of anything other than, you never see vader moving around like a maniac in any of the films. the screenshots i've seen of vader looks like hes in the friggin ballet or something. when someone just stands there, it looks far more menacing than some fruit cake in a outfit doing 360's.

in the OT movies, he just stood there and said evil shiet. the LS duel between him and obi in ANH was super short and vader barely had to do anything to take him down. in ESB, vader used the force to kick the shiet out of luke, not so much the LS action. in ROTJ, vader had to do a bit more to take on luke but not much, plus he was suppose to lose and also "act" like he didn't want to kill his son.

He doesn't look as tall, and just lacks the presence that he always seemed to have in earlier photos. Are they using a shorter guy for the suit (or are those actually photos of Hayden wearing it)?

Supposedly it's NOT Hayden wearing The Suit in most if not all of those pics. And it is does make a noticeable difference too. Take a look at some of the actual stills from the film and compare them to the promo shots. The shoulder armor actually fits Hayden, but it positively droops off of whoever is wearing it in those pics. Either that, or Hayden dropped all of that weight (and muscle) he put on between principle photography and those photo shoots. :dunno:

or............OR.....that's wha happens after you just had your ass dripped in smelting freakin hot ass lava.....*shrugs* I don't know....I mean does it really matter?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think we all agree that Vader doesn't look quite right in those photos. Whether that's indicative of our own mental predisposition given the prequels so far, the person in the suit, or the fact that he's posing in new and different ways, we're not sure. But he definitly looks a little off to me. . . whether he does so in the film itself is another story.

But I'm not sure how being "dropped in lava" would make him look less intimidating given that we know that the black suit that was the result makes him more intimidating in OT movies. But, regardless, this seems like a topic worthy of discussion among SW fans. If you don't think it matters, might I suggest that you not read it? Does any of this stuff "really matter?" No, but we find it interesting and fun to discuss all the same.

But, then again, maybe your'e referring to something else. . . I may just be misunderstanding you.

H

ABout time we saw some camoed troops in Star Wars.

Don't the Rebels on Endor from Ep. VI count?

ABout time we saw some camoed troops in Star Wars.

Don't the Rebels on Endor from Ep. VI count?

when he says troops i think he means storm and clone troopers

Aside from the "Tiny Hands" brigade, who doesn't like new Vader pics?

Does it bother anyone else that Vader is even being shown in his full, imposing form? I always thought that his entry in Episode IV was the best way to introduce him and it seems like having him appear in Episode III somehow dilutes that initial appearance. On the other hand, I can't wait to see Vader again! I'm torn!

So far the images of Vader from the film itself aren't bothering me, just some of the promo materials appear to be a little "off". but then again, I'm ranked second lieutenant in the "Tiny Hands" brigade. :p

This is great! Obi Wan using a blaster! Apparently this weapon was not "clumsy or random" when he needed one.

library_photos_264_264241.jpg

Guess who he's taking out with that blaster?

Here's a hint. Another macho bad guy that's taken out like a sucka.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

This is great! Obi Wan using a blaster! Apparently this weapon was not "clumsy or random" when he needed one.

library_photos_264_264241.jpg

Guess who he's taking out with that blaster?

Here's a hint. Another macho bad guy that's taken out like a sucka.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

SERIOUSLY. That was LAME. WEAK. SAD. After I read that I wanted to throw the damned book down. So stupid. All that hype to go out like a bitch to Obi-Wan. BS .5

Perhaps thats just an early "build" of Vader? Maybe he had parts added to him as time went by? I don't really think Anakin was completly stable, after all you can't just recover from skinny dipping in hot lava like that. Or perhaps he had upgrades or something. There are several years between the new and the old trilogy, there are a thousand possibilities as to why Vader looks different.

You only have to put up with Spa Vader for about 5 minutes of movie, there are a ton of other issues ppl can concentrate on when complaining about the new trilogy :)

Wait something I don't under stand.

Vader is like what nearly 7 feet tall?

Hayden is like what? I don't know but I'm sure it not any where close to 7 feet.

There are pics showing Anakin getting robot legs attached to his knees. This would suggest Vader's height is all in his legs. Look back at Vader in episodes IV through VII his torso isn't usually short compared to his over all height. In order to fit the suit anakin needs to be cut through the center and have his torso extended.

Hayden is like what? I don't know but I'm sure it not any where close to 7 feet.

There are pics showing Anakin getting robot legs attached to his knees. This would suggest Vader's height is all in his legs. Look back at Vader in episodes IV through VII his torso isn't usually short compared to his over all height. In order to fit the suit anakin needs to be cut through the center and have his torso extended.

upgrades probably, start replacing whatever flesh was left with more cyborg components.

In order to fit the suit anakin needs to be cut through the center and have his torso extended.

Yes, please, let's cut Hayden through his center and have his torso extended...

Anime magic.

H

yoda gets f*cked up during th battle with Darth Sidius that he no longer fights. According to some rumors I heard, Yoda vs Darth Sidius is the 2nd longest fight in the whole star wars movie other than Anakin vs Obi Wan. After that huge lighting strike and Yoda falling soo many stories into the ground, I woudnt be surprised, the ol guy threw in the towel

Yoda doesn't actually suffer defeat or give up, he escapes from the battle, realizing that the Sith have become more powerful than Yoda or the Jedi order and that victory over the Darkside would have to wait until a "new" Jedi order could be created with Anakin's offspring. At least, that's what the novelization of ROTS says...

yoda gets f*cked up during th battle with Darth Sidius that he no longer fights. According to some rumors I heard, Yoda vs Darth Sidius is the 2nd longest fight in the whole star wars movie other than Anakin vs Obi Wan. After that huge lighting strike and Yoda falling soo many stories into the ground, I woudnt be surprised, the ol guy threw in the towel

Yoda doesn't actually suffer defeat or give up, he escapes from the battle, realizing that the Sith have become more powerful than Yoda or the Jedi order and that victory over the Darkside would have to wait until a "new" Jedi order could be created with Anakin's offspring. At least, that's what the novelization of ROTS says...

I dunno about that.

I sorta prefer the idea that Yoda was actually beaten by Palpatine, and had to retreat to his little swamp hovel as a cripple that could only teach. That would give added importance to Luke in ESB since that would make Yoda physically unable to take an active part in bringing down the Empire (which has been no small amount of speculation amongst the harder-core fans).

Slightly OT, but still Star Wars-related:

Episode III will be heavily promoted in NASCAR this month and next month. This Saturday night (4/23) at Phoenix International Raceway, the cars of Dale Jarrett (#88) and Elliott Sadler (#38) will sport M&M's "Jedi vs. Sith" colors.

post-26-1114073853_thumb.jpg