Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

Chewie and Leia were kept alive to lure Luke. He could sense they were in trouble remember. Dark horse comics also did a short comic that took place during ESB where Vader has 3POs pieces brought to him before he freezes Han.

Aside from the time in the freezing chamber there are no other times where Vader comes into close contact with the droids or if he did, as in the freezing chamber, he really didnt care to interact with them. Its not like they remembered him after the memory wipe anyway.

That star destriyer is a fan creation, Howard Day Refers to it as the Legacy Star Destroyer, something of an intermediate design between the one seen in the trailer and the Imperetor class.

Wow, don't know if anyone was following the spoilers in the message board that was linked a couple pages back, but pretty much confirms most of the rumors.

vdpadme3ax.jpg

vdanakin3nh.jpg

vdfemalejedi1jo.jpg

Yeah, but then it would be pretty much just like the old ones in terms of plot. I hate when creators plagiarize themselves... if there really is such a thing. But you do know what I mean, right? Making things in sequels or prequels that are just like their previous films? If its done right, I guess it works... but I can't think of an example that I like.

I don't really think it would be the same thing. While in story, the Jedi HAVE been looking to find out who the OTHER Sith was... Maul would have been the enemy the Jedi put their label on and then Dooku would be the "other" Sith. Sidious would have been behind in the Shadows the whole time.

As is, I don't think Palpatine would have escaped the Jedi suspicion, especially in the 10 years between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

As is, I don't think Palpatine would have escaped the Jedi suspicion, especially in the 10 years between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Oh, I think it was very easy for Palpatine to escape Jedi suspicion, if only because the Jedi of this time are insular, content to sit inside their ivory tower with the knowledge that they're on top of everything that needs knowing in the galaxy.

Folks, not to get off the subject of this particular thread, but to those who do collect STAR WARS figures, the KAYBEE Toy Stores here in Southern California are having a sale on their 12 inch OTC figures. I just got me an OTC Stormtrooper for $15, That's half the regular price. :)

Oh, I think it was very easy for Palpatine to escape Jedi suspicion, if only because the Jedi of this time are insular, content to sit inside their ivory tower with the knowledge that they're on top of everything that needs knowing in the galaxy.

That could well apply to the Jedi as a whole... but I don't think so with the Jedi Council. What Mace admits to Yoda in AOTC is that the Jedi are losing their ability with the Force and wants to tell the Senate before Yoda disagrees. Dooku also tells Obi-Wan that Darth Sidious has "clouded their vision."

Ultimately, it could depend just how long Palpatine was working his bad mojo in the Senate before the Naboo crisis.

That could well apply to the Jedi as a whole... but I don't think so with the Jedi Council. What Mace admits to Yoda in AOTC is that the Jedi are losing their ability with the Force and wants to tell the Senate before Yoda disagrees. Dooku also tells Obi-Wan that Darth Sidious has "clouded their vision."

Ultimately, it could depend just how long Palpatine was working his bad mojo in the Senate before the Naboo crisis.

I would say a little from column A and a little from column B.

Thanks to the revised Sith doctrine, the Sith remained only 2 active at any one time. 2 people in an entire galaxy would go by un-noticed in the sea of other races and the Jedi wouldn't notice their activities. When the Sith first get mentioned in Episode I, the first gut reaction is the Sith are not around and if they were, the Jedi would have done something. You could say the Jedi were drowning in their own arrogance.

Then we have Palps. To make sure his rise to power goes quietly, he starts off in the Senate as a senator of a fairly insignificant planet. When he starts at the Senate, he starts to work his mojo. Most people would see him as ambitious and making his way up the ladder. And then he took the Senate's growing corruption and politics and made it work for him. All the pieces fell into place, Palps just took advantage of the situation. As for teh Jedi, all he would have to do is "cloud the vision" of the council and the rest would follow.

I would say a little from column A and a little from column B.

Thanks to the revised Sith doctrine, the Sith remained only 2 active at any one time. 2 people in an entire galaxy would go by un-noticed in the sea of other races and the Jedi wouldn't notice their activities. When the Sith first get mentioned in Episode I, the first gut reaction is the Sith are not around and if they were, the Jedi would have done something. You could say the Jedi were drowning in their own arrogance.

Then we have Palps. To make sure his rise to power goes quietly, he starts off in the Senate as a senator of a fairly insignificant planet. When he starts at the Senate, he starts to work his mojo. Most people would see him as ambitious and making his way up the ladder. And then he took the Senate's growing corruption and politics and made it work for him. All the pieces fell into place, Palps just took advantage of the situation. As for teh Jedi, all he would have to do is "cloud the vision" of the council and the rest would follow.

I've heard the 2 rule before, but were do they say this?

Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

During Qui-Gon's funeral service, Yoda and Windu are off to one side discussing recent events.

Yoda: Only two there are. A master and an apprentice.

Windu: But which was destroyed? The master, or the apprentice?

Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

During Qui-Gon's funeral service, Yoda and Windu are off to one side discussing recent events.

Yoda: Only two there are. A master and an apprentice.

Windu: But which was destroyed? The master, or the apprentice?

I think Yoda says 'Always two there are...', which could be used to validate the 'only 2' rule, but also may be something to the like of 'where you see one cockroach...' meaning that they never operate alone.

Not trying to argue any point on it, but just clarifying. Personally, the 'only two in the whole universe' rule seems silly to me, but so does a lot of what Lucas comes up with. :D

The reason that there are only two are because when there used to be more than two, they would constantly fight each other instead on concentrating on the jedi. Sith love power and they can't share it, hence only two: a master with the power, and an apprentice who will someday take over. This topic is covered extensively in the comics and books.

This topic is covered extensively in the comics and books.

Wich means nothing to the movies. The books and comics may be "official", but it has been proven time and again that they are not, nor ever have been, canon. The only things that are canon is what appears in the movies themselves, and what George Lucas himself says.

I agree that while there are only two Sith at any given time(allowing them to stay hidden if need be), there could be darkside force users/evil/bad force users out there. Sith are darksiders but not all darksiders are Sith since Sith teaching is different and basicly secretive.

Actually comics and books and games are canon as well, not just official but there are several levels of canon when it comes to Star Wars. What are in the films and what is said by Lucas is at the very top and overwrites everything else below it. "G Level canon" its called. Novels, games, comics, and guides, etc are "C level canon" which tends to not flow well with the films as time(which it should since it should fix itself to match the films). Lucas could basicly overwrite C level canon if he wanted to though. The different levels I believe have been confirmed for a while now.

Personally I take the EU(expanded universe) as one big "what if" instead of the only way things could have played out, especially since it wasn't writen by Lucas, the creator. Though the novels that contain elements from his actual notes(this is very limited I believe), and that he helped authors with(such as the Dark Empire series(answered questions for the authors) and Tales of the Jedi era(when it came to the Sith background and things, most came from his notes and he answered questions) I hold at a higher standing then the other EU novels, comics, etc.

Its just more fun I feel to try and speculate what happens between the films and after instead of being forced to accept what some ego driven author has writen even though it might be good at times.

Edited by Effect

"2 Sith rule"

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organizat...sith/index.html

(only using the "movies" section)

The Sith are like an elite country club, even if you've got all of the qualifications to get in, they still might not have any room for new members.

Agreed. The only way to get in the club is for one of the 2 members to die. Even the Jedi use a version of that rule. After a certain age, a master receives a Padawan and only 1 Padawan at any given time.

Okay I'm confused.  I always heard that Vader fell in to Lava but think about it.  Lava!  Ever watch those science shows on the stuff?  You fall in you're dead.

Depneds on what kind of lava. Lava can be "cool" enough to walk on, yet it will still burn the crap out of you. However, it now seems that Annie falls down a slope near a lava flow and winds up in burning hot sand.

And Palps.  He looks fine day day leaving the senate.  When he comes back the next day looking like chalk colored crap and no one cares?

Actually he blames it on the Jedi and their "wicked sorcery." Thus justifying their extermination.

He can blame his deformation on the attack on his person by the Jedi. If y'all have seen the picture of that Eastern European leader that the Russians recently tried to poison, it's actually an uncannily similar look. The guy used to look perfectly normal and now his face is all wrinkled, puffy, and sort of pock-marked and mangled looking.

Strange how life can imitate art, eh?

Wich means nothing to the movies. The books and comics may be "official", but it has been proven time and again that they are not, nor ever have been, canon. The only things that are canon is what appears in the movies themselves, and what George Lucas himself says.

For those interested in what is canon, you can find out more at http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/st...jc20010817.html.

In the end, as Radd says only the films are absolute canon.

Another new SW-E3 figure from Hasbro

A REAL MAJOR SPOILER

very cool , i am looking forward to seeing this one up close, the vader set looks very good, and you are right about the wings on that clone trooper :p

Another new SW-E3 figure from Hasbro but this time a Clonetrooper with a wing folding jet-pack, looks familiar like from another well known franchise    :)

I wanna see the Gerwalk mode.

Graham

I wouldn't even wish that kind of hip-dislocation on a clone.

GERWALK also known as BOHICA :lol:

Graham

Another new SW-E3 figure from Hasbro but this time a Clonetrooper with a wing folding jet-pack, looks familiar like from another well known franchise    :)

I wanna see the Gerwalk mode.

Graham

I wouldn't even wish that kind of hip-dislocation on a clone.

Or hyper-extended knees...

And Lucas himself has also put a large apparatus in place to see that the EU isn't contradicted. While he reserves the right to contradict the EU, he hasn't done so yet (especially not beyond a "certain point of view").