The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

I personaly dont want to see a high diecast content in the Koenig monster. For reinforcement use steel parts, diecast is too brittle when used in small pieces.

If the WHOLE toy is made in diecast, then it works well. See Bandai and their awesome SOC line.

Also essential is enamel paint that bonds well to properly primed metal. Previous Yamato diecast parts have a distressing tendency to chip their paint.

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

The latest Dengeki Hobby magazine (the vol.3 mini-issue that comes with the Gundam Hazel II kit), features a pic of an unpainted test shot of the VB-6. I'll try to get it scanned and posted tonight.

If Yamato are at the test shot stage and given the lead time of print magazines, the VB-6 should be nearly ready, unless that is Yamato encounter serious problems with parts fitting and so have to rework the molds.

Graham

I personaly dont want to see a high diecast content in the Koenig monster. For reinforcement use steel parts, diecast is too brittle when used in small pieces.

If the WHOLE toy is made in diecast, then it works well. See Bandai and their awesome SOC line.

Also essential is enamel paint that bonds well to properly primed metal. Previous Yamato diecast parts have a distressing tendency to chip their paint.

meh.. i find paint chipping on my SOC toys as well... heck, on the unit 2 eva SOC, even the little booklet they give you shows a SOC that has all sorts of chipping.

I also prefer little/no diescast... the toys have better posability, less wear and tear on the joints, and plastic, and consistent coloring.

meh.. i find paint chipping on my SOC toys as well... heck, on the unit 2 eva SOC, even the little booklet they give you shows a SOC that has all sorts of chipping.

I also prefer little/no diescast... the toys have better posability, less wear and tear on the joints, and plastic, and consistent coloring.

I agree here. But I like to have parts that have the most stress on them made out of diecast and they have to be well hidden.

Never thought of steel actually.

Here's the latest pics of an unpainted test shot. Before you all start complaining about the use of black plastic for the chest, please note that the black plastic used is not the final color. Test shots are made using whatever color plastic the factory has spare.

Graham

Here's the latest pics of an unpainted test shot. Before you all start complaining about the use of black plastic for the chest, please note that the black plastic used is not the final color. Test shots are made using whatever color plastic the factory has spare.

Graham

so you're saying we could've had a yellow monster? :lol:

on a side not...it looks like yamato fixed the problem (half assed) with the legs...seems like they're closer to the crouch area now than they were before

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Toy still looks cool and interesting, but I think I'm waiting for someone here who's definately getting the Koenig Monster to snap some more close-up and detailed pics before I decide on this one. Right now it looks like either Koenig Monster or 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru me.

Yeah, no gun turret so far, that's it though. Supposed to be retactable I think.

I adore the sculpt of this thing though. Can't wait for it actually.

I want it now!!!

It's at the top of my buy list ;)

Don't worry! It's coming soon? :blink:

Yes but not soon enough :lol:

j/k I can wait a bit more, but not too much <_<

Same here. We all have a small window of opportunity for our wallets/pockets to recover. :p;)

I want it now!!!

Same here. We all have a small window of opportunity for our wallets/pockets to recover. :p;)

except me...thanks to the holidays, i'm pretty broke :lol:

I want it now!!!

except me...thanks to the holidays, i'm pretty broke :lol:

you're broke? me, i gotta start inviting myself to dinners at friends houses if i plan to eat this winter. :p:D:lol:

Got a confirmation that the Monster is going to be out on 12/28/04

-Kevin

Does that mean you're getting YOUR shipment a couple of weeks later? B))

Edited by UN Spacy

AWW Gawd thank the lord.

That means, if you read between the lines, that if they ship for Kevin's place on the 28 that we'll actualy see some HK sellers selleing some of these on ebay around the 23rd like usual.

Cool !!!

wooohooo!

that means i'll have my koeing just before or or at the beginning of the new year. B))

i'm just hoping Neova's boss doesn't send him on another marathon business trip.