The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

I'm in half a mind to buycott Y*mato products from now on and remove all Y*mato reviews I've written from Macrossworld. If Y*mato want to be assh*oles, then so can I :angry:. This whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mounth. Maybe one day soon, I should write the whole story on the forums, with lots of juicy pics. Sorry, for the OT rant, but this has been bugging me for quite a while now. Not quite at the stage where I'm going to burn all my Y*mato toys, but getting there.

Graham

:o:o:o:o:o

Intrigue! Scandal! JUICY PICS!

Graham drops the Yamato F-bomb in 2005?

I'm in half a mind to buycott Y*mato products from now on and remove all Y*mato reviews I've written from Macrossworld. If Y*mato want to be assh*oles, then so can I :angry:. This whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mounth. Maybe one day soon, I should write the whole story on the forums, with lots of juicy pics. Sorry, for the OT rant, but this has been bugging me for quite a while now. Not quite at the stage where I'm going to burn all my Y*mato toys, but getting there.

Graham

I;m interest to the whole story, please tell us about it!

Oh please Graham, spice up our lives at a time when only christmas TV re-runs are available, we all need a good scandal.

Hell I may even burn a few Y*mato toys too for a scoop, as long as you don't ask me to burn my Yamat* toys as well, I'm ok :p

Edited by Montarvillois

YF-19 looks nice. Doesn't seem to be painted, looks like the parts are molded in cream and black, which is good. that means less painting for those that are artistically-challenged :p .

A few minor gripes though. At first glance it looks like it there is no way to attach the gunpod in fighter mode. Also, the feet do not close properly in fighter mode. Still, can't expect too much in only 1/100 scale. I do like how they have handled the front landing gear and the toy seems pretty poseable with no parts removale or swapping required. Might have to see if I can get one of these from Wonder Fest.

Moving onto the VB-6, looks nice but I can't bring myself to be wildly enthusiastic about it. Maybe it's beacuse I'm a a fighter guy, not a bomber person. Or maybe it's beacuse I'm still pissed at Y*mato for breaking off contact with Macrossword without any explanation, especially after all the free publicity and help we gave them.

Graham

I was thinking the same thing. It's obvious that they gave someone else preview samples of the toys and all they did was post pics of it. <_< No reviews...

I'm one for not burning any bridges, but sometimes you have to bring one down in order to put a new one up.

I'm in half a mind to buycott Y*mato products from now on and remove all Y*mato reviews  I've written from Macrossworld. If Y*mato want to be assh*oles, then so can I  :angry:. This whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mounth. Maybe one day soon, I should write the whole story on the forums, with lots of juicy pics. Sorry, for the OT rant, but this has been bugging me for quite a while now. Not quite at the stage where I'm going to burn all my Y*mato toys, but getting there.

Graham

I;m interest to the whole story, please tell us about it!

hahahaha at last , I was wondering when were you going to let it all out. I too would be pissed off big time if I had got the same treatment from them after all the confidence built up in all the years Macrossworld has singlehanded financed Yamato.

Don´t worry mate , don´t forget that there´s a lot of people here at MW that appreciates your efforts from the good old days. ;)

really , if it hadn´t been for us Yamato would have never grown as a company as it is today , with a variety of licences and all.

So far I´m really really interested in the Monster , it´s been one of my fav valks of all time , paint job looks nice and decent so far , one thing I´m glad this time around is that we´re actually looking at a production model , so WYSIWYG , and what I see is HELLA GOOD. good to see the knees actually bend and the crotch piece is more acurate than before.

I hope I can save enough to buy 1 or 2 by my birthday in February.

Just imagine what awesome custom this toy will enable us to do ...me thinks of Millia or Skull squadron customs :lol:;)

Edited by Aegis!

I haven't spent nearly as much as some folk here on yamato toys.. but at quick glance, I've spent around a grand on various yamato products.. the bulk of which comes from their macross line....

anyways, if Graham has the dirty on yamato, which leaves him this pissed off, I'm interested in hearing what went down as well... that way, I can decide if I too want to vote with my wallet.

I think you need to check your links.  :p

Monster on TMP anime.

Monster on VE.

Thanks. I'm familiar with Valkyrie Exchange. I'm not so familiar with TMPAnime. Is it possible to tell what the shipping charges would be with these two with out actually having to place a pre-order? If they are similiar I think I'd rather go with Valkyrie Exchange even though he's $5 more simply because I've heard many positive things regarding Valkyrie Exchange, not that I've heard anything negative about TMPAnime.

Anyone here have stong feelings one way or the other? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to say something publically.

Just wanting to be an informed consumer.

Thanks,

Carl

Both Kevin (VE) and Tanim (TMP) are good reputable dealers you may have to look up the Straightshooters list for their member names. I believe Tanim is TwinMoons and Kevin of course Valkyrie Exchange. In regards to the public dealing with TwinMoons I've dealt with Tanim and has never disappointed me in fact all the stuff that I've recieved so far has very little shelf-wear on the box and he packs his stuff with styrofoam peanuts. Kevin does an outstanding job as well. I got my Escaflownes from him without a scratch.

Ditto,

Same here. May I had that not only are they reputable but also very friendly as if good service did not suffice. Deal with them with no fear my friend.

Graham

Graham,

You can store your Macross collection at my place until your done with the raping and pillaging. You never know when you want your precious' back again. :p

Or maybe it's beacuse I'm still pissed at Y*mato for breaking off contact with Macrossword without any explanation, especially after all the free publicity and help we gave them.

Graham

Wow,

Graham, in the two years I've spent here reading most of all your posts, this one hit me emotionally.

After my complaint a year or so back regarding yamato's retarded tight lipped policy, the response I got were generally saying

"shush, yamato can do whatever they want and they dont owe us anything"

or

"all you fanboys do is complain about the toy if they reveal info" and such,

but to finally hear Graham summarize what I fruitlessly tried to convey then, here in one paragraph really brings me to tears....

Yamato, regardless of how talented they are in turning animated macross valks into transformable figures, have gradually neglected the bond with it's fans. Seriously, I mean it's almost unreal how ignorant they are to the possibilities of being so much more to us than they are right now... They sure have the goods to make us drool but they're becoming like a celebrity who gives a crap or very little about the community who supported it so whole heartly since the beginning.... it's seems like they "moved on" from a "phase".

anyway,

I don't have even 1% of influence and respect you have Graham, and for you to actually protest like this means a lot... It's become almost standard reaction here to silence or degrade anyone who brings up anything less than happy thoughts. Not to say you're stirring the pot but really... thanks a lot.

Hi guys,

Just remember that Yamato is in this for the money and business only. We are emotionally involved because we love Macross. For them, it's just cold, hard business. Factors that are driving them are much different than factors that drive us. They will have their own reason for breaking contact with us. Most probably, we're so small fry that they realised they can't spare their personnel's time on us. Not an insult really. Just business. Of course we'll feel hurt. But just keep a steady head on.

Kamion

I'm in half a mind to buycott Y*mato products from now on and remove all Y*mato reviews  I've written from Macrossworld. If Y*mato want to be assh*oles, then so can I  :angry:. This whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mounth. Maybe one day soon, I should write the whole story on the forums, with lots of juicy pics. Sorry, for the OT rant, but this has been bugging me for quite a while now. Not quite at the stage where I'm going to burn all my Y*mato toys, but getting there.

Hi guys,

Just remember that Yamato is in this for the money and business only. We are emotionally involved because we love Macross. For them, it's just cold, hard business. Factors that are driving them are much different than factors that drive us. They will have their own reason for breaking contact with us. Most probably, we're so small fry that they realised they can't spare their personnel's time on us. Not an insult really. Just business. Of course we'll feel hurt. But just keep a steady head on.

Kamion

that's true enough, yamato, like most businesses, is in business for making money... but, if they do something to piss consumers off, consumers do have the right to boycott their product.

I think Graham should just come out and tell us what went down, and if yamato wants, they can respond in kind, and then those of who care, can decide if yamato is a company that we want to continue to do business with.

If not, without information to go on, I'm going to contine to buy stuff from yamato whilst wondering how come they don't love us no more.

"I think Graham should just come out and tell us what went down, and if yamato wants, they can respond in kind, and then those of who care, can decide if yamato is a company that we want to continue to do business with.

If not, without information to go on, I'm going to contine to buy stuff from yamato whilst wondering how come they don't love us no more."

I have to agree that without facts I still feel like buying my toys, but if they are turning their backs on their base(foundation)customers well then I do have issue with that,people say that yamato's market is japan.....but my closet says that it's a world market. just look at the members here on our beloved macrossworld that buy countless amounts of their toys... boycott if we must the consumer still has a say in the market. viva la macrossworld!!!

<_<<_<:angry::unsure::blink::wacko:

Hi guys,

Kamion

agreed and true, but...

is it really hard to communicate with your fans?

is it such a vaunting task or hurtful business practice to go down to the grass roots and connecting there?

is it so hurtful that they can't hire a couple of employees to feed the community?

I dont think so...

It really doesn't take much given the desire to... I mean, look at us, we go ape sh*t ecstatic when we see the koenig's knees bend!

Given the good people here, I havent seen a (generally) more patient bunch. Most of us are always jumping for joy with every bit of news we hear. Yamato did it well when they were MUCH smaller then they are now... so lack of personnel or resources is HARDLY a valid reason.

Look....., in the Macross Community,

making toys for it and collecting was always mainly about the love of it all. Seriously who the heck buys this stuff because of anything less than that? Shiet, I can atest to the fact that I would never imagined putting down so much of my money like this for something others view as a piece of plastic... Never did a toy feel like such a great deal for $170 bucks.

I mean do you realize how much $170 really is? (The rich guys who blow their nose with bills excluded).

WE buy this stuff because we have a strong admiration for it and if it's truly confirmed that yamato made such kick-ass-faitful-to-the-anime valks only for the money well then hell, anyone got wood and a lighter?

I don't and won't believe yamato started their business JUST to make money.... they sure as hell didn't make the 1/48's just for the money. That stuff is passion my friend... so why the silence? Why stick your hand out at the face of people like Graham? Why so frigidly? Why famish the very core that brought you to life? all the possible reasons I've heard right now just don't add up...

Edited by Nani?!

I too am quite curious as to why Yamato seems to have broken off contact so abruptly with Graham, after, as he said in his own words he gave them so much word of mouth advertising and praise. I remember when he was telling us about all the dinners he would go to with Yamato's people to discuss Macross toys and to see what was going on with the community, now there is nothing. Seems that there is a story to tell here and I would like to hear it......

Twich

I say we send a spy into yamato hq disguised as an employee. They probably have the finished stuff like yf19fp lying around somewhere for graham to review but are hiding it because they are scared.

From now on it's only toynami stuff for me. that's going to teach em. just joking! B))

Those pics of the monster looks good. After this I probably won't have enough money for anything else for a while. Because of a lack of yf19 for me to buy I'm tempted to go and get a bandai mac7 fire valk. Are these any good? They look pretty good in battroid mode but I hear the poseability in the legs is crap?

My standards are pretty low. (I love the banprestos which everyone hates :D )

I too am quite curious as to why Yamato seems to have broken off contact so abruptly with Graham, after, as he said in his own words he gave them so much word of mouth advertising and praise. I remember when he was telling us about all the dinners he would go to with Yamato's people to discuss Macross toys and to see what was going on with the community, now there is nothing. Seems that there is a story to tell here and I would like to hear it......

Twich

It was an Harmony Gold conspiracy :ph34r:

Twich

Yamato got a new president and he doesn't like talking to fanboys. Graham wasn't the only one to get cut off.

It probably didn't help that he visited this website once...

I too am quite curious as to why Yamato seems to have broken off contact so abruptly with Graham, after, as he said in his own words he gave them so much word of mouth advertising and praise.  I remember when he was telling us about all the dinners he would go to with Yamato's people to discuss Macross toys and to see what was going on with the community, now there is nothing.  Seems that there is a story to tell here and I would like to hear it......

Twich

Yamato got a new president and he doesn't like talking to fanboys. Graham wasn't the only one to get cut off.

Ugh the new Yamato president came here? Can he read English? No wonder he cut MW off if he read all the whining that goes on in this toy forum...

Edited by dejr8bud

YF-19 looks nice. Doesn't seem to be painted, looks like the parts are molded in cream and black, which is good. that means less painting for those that are artistically-challenged :p .

A few minor gripes though. At first glance it looks like it there is no way to attach the gunpod in fighter mode. Also, the feet do not close properly in fighter mode. Still, can't expect too much in only 1/100 scale. I do like how they have handled the front landing gear and the toy seems pretty poseable with no parts removale or swapping required. Might have to see if I can get one of these from Wonder Fest.

I've heard that this YF-19 will be sold as a "completed resin model". I assume this means it will be finished like the kits SHE currently sells. Even better for those artistically challenged.

Carl

I too am quite curious as to why Yamato seems to have broken off contact so abruptly with Graham, after, as he said in his own words he gave them so much word of mouth advertising and praise.  I remember when he was telling us about all the dinners he would go to with Yamato's people to discuss Macross toys and to see what was going on with the community, now there is nothing.  Seems that there is a story to tell here and I would like to hear it......

Twich

Ugh the new Yamato president came here? Can he read English? No wonder he cut MW off if he read all the whining that goes on in this toy forum...

Booohoo !

Whining is good. Bad Yamato president, bad president !!!, hope you end up working at Toynami.

Twich

whinings there no matter what...

go to any fan site, this crap is common. but there are also very good things said here... some really good suggestions...

if it's indeed the whining that scared his butt off then now he gets it AFTER he releases products.... B))

is it really hard to communicate with your fans?

is it such a vaunting task or hurtful business practice to go down to the grass roots and connecting there?

is it so hurtful that they can't hire a couple of employees to feed the community?

I dont think so...

Over the past 6 years I've gained a lot of insight into how small or moderate sized companies work. I've seen, and been in the middle of the interactions between customers, R&D, sales and marketing.

It is sometimes hard for a company to communicate with the core customers/fans. There is always the risk that the wrong information goes out or that the information becomes destorted or perverted. Yes, there are people who exist only to distort or pervert information.

As far as going down to the grass roots or hiring a person or two to feed the community goes, a company will only consider this if the company sees a financial benefit that exceeds the cost. Would doing something like this actually help the bottom line? Would this convince more people to buy the product? I'm not sure that it would. Communicating with a bunch of fans may not increase sales since the fans are going to buy the products anyways. Sure, the fans may feel more warm and fuzzy, but does that translate into more sales.

I've seen this same sort of thing happen with other toy companies. The company representative leaks the wrong or too much info or one fansite whines that another site is getting special treatment so the company decides to be tight-lipped to avoid further problems. I don't like being in the dark anymore than anyone else does, but I wanted to shed some light on why companies do what they do.

Moving onto the VB-6, looks nice but I can't bring myself to be wildly enthusiastic about it. Maybe it's beacuse I'm a a fighter guy, not a bomber person. Or maybe it's beacuse I'm still pissed at Y*mato for breaking off contact with Macrossword without any explanation, especially after all the free publicity and help we gave them.

Graham

I was really wonderinng why haven't you expressed this way before.

Unwelcomed FREE advertising?

Why is this Yamato? We only want to buy your toys...

:( Vic! :(

Still...

Bad Yamato president, bad... By the way, had it not been for the existence of Macrossworld, I would probably not have become the Macross toys addict I am now and I'd be a couple of thousands dollars richer today.

Come to think of it I actualy should sue Graham for making me an addict to these plastic thingies :p

Graham

Wow... I've heard several sides of this story. I must admit not all are in agreement. According to one source Yamato fired several people over leaks here at Macross World. According to another, people were just moved around withing the company to close the leaks. Both seem to agree that with the new president came a new philosophy regarding proprietary information and that intentional steps were taken to put a stop to leaks here at Macross World. I've long been curious to hear your side of the story but I hadn't really wanted to push the issue as I more or less viewed it as non of my business.

I'm not happy with Yamato's current stance toward Macross World. It's apparently been singled out and people like IHP aka Liquid Stone that might want to have a presence here can't because they are employed by Yamato. I don't really understand that stance, but at the same time I do understand Yamato's desire to protect it's proprietary information. I just think there should be a better way to do it. But again who am I to have a right to tell them how they conduct their business. In the end, I vote like the rest of you. I buy their products or I don't.

As curious as I am to hear your side of things are you sure it's wise to share these "juicy pics" and details publically? If Yamato is firing people over this I personally don't want that info at the cost of someone's livelihood. Also I'd make sure you weren't opening yourself up to some legal action.

Maybe you should just email me the "juicy pics" and details... ;)

Carl

I think you need to check your links.  :p

Monster on TMP anime.

Monster on VE.

Thanks. I'm familiar with Valkyrie Exchange. I'm not so familiar with TMPAnime. Is it possible to tell what the shipping charges would be with these two with out actually having to place a pre-order? If they are similiar I think I'd rather go with Valkyrie Exchange even though he's $5 more simply because I've heard many positive things regarding Valkyrie Exchange, not that I've heard anything negative about TMPAnime.

Anyone here have stong feelings one way or the other? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to say something publically.

Just wanting to be an informed consumer.

Thanks,

Carl

They're both excellent e-retailers and I think both come in around the same price with shipping and all that (couple dollars difference, it's been a while since I've ordered anything Macross related :(:angry::blink::lol: ). As for shipping, you could probably e-mail them both. I highly recommend both (Neova is also a good guy to get Macross stuff from, he's in Hong Kong, so if you really need things when they first come out, talk to him Neova). Only thing is, Valkyrie Exchange mainly deals with valks and macross, he does have some other things too. TMPAnime has a wider variety of anime products.

YF-19 looks nice. Doesn't seem to be painted, looks like the parts are molded in cream and black, which is good. that means less painting for those that are artistically-challenged  :p .

I've heard that this YF-19 will be sold as a "completed resin model". I assume this means it will be finished like the kits SHE currently sells. Even better for those artistically challenged.

Carl

not to get us off topic again but where can one order one of these babies when they do go up for sale? Cause I really want one!

YF-19 looks nice. Doesn't seem to be painted, looks like the parts are molded in cream and black, which is good. that means less painting for those that are artistically-challenged  :p .

Carl

not to get us off topic again but where can one order one of these babies when they do go up for sale? Cause I really want one!

I'd say you should keep a close eye on ebay. If my instinct serves me right, they should start popping up here and there from Hong Kong sellers about 3-5 days prior to the official launch on the 28 of December.

Hong Kong by the way are the most reliable retailers I've dealt with ever (except Valkyrie Exchange and Twinmoons of course :) ). I am not chinese, or asian and I am located in Canada and this is by far my best source of vitamine A (anime) for price and reliability.

My 2 cents

Well, if all that went down was new management coming in and deciding to control the flow of info... i can see why Graham and others who were closely linked to yamato in the past would be upset... but I can't see how yamato is screwing me or other consumers.

I have to say though... if this new management team is the one calling the shots on stuff like the 1/100 VF-0, the overpriced Q-rau, the disapearance of the yf-19, etc... then I'm not sure how much longer I'll be a loyal yamato fan.. my purchases have already become much more discretionary and really, there are plenty of other cool anime stuff for me to spend my money on.. from companies who don't think success means churning out second class products at premium prices.

Twich

Yamato's new president obviously forgot that his company relies on relationship marketing. :rolleyes: