The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

Yes, defenitaly looks like crappy Yammie stickers....look at the one close up of Destroid mode at teh UN Sticker on teh shoulder....you can see a film around it. Nice knees too...altho the shape of the main gun mount is bothering me a bit. Also, I thought it had hands and held the arm launchers? Mebbe Im just crazy tho...

Also, this here answers the "wether the knee bends" question. :)

Excellent, that's been the main "i wonder if" for me with this thing.

It's too bad they couldn't have at least painted the 'eyes' on. Stupid crappy Yamato labels. :(

Edited by eriku

This looks like the perfect toy. It looks like it surpases the 1/48 in terms of mechanical complexity yet it still looks pretty sturdy.

Oh I just can't wait !!!

By the way, how did this guy manage to get his hand on this retail version ? does not look like an official site of Yamato or else, just a plain personal home page at best ?!?

HAHAHA....I wonder how many Godzilla will get by the end of their production....we all know he will buy more as they come out widespread...

VB-6 bomber squadron.

He'll have a full composite airwing.

Hooray! The Konig Monster has knees that bend. This was also the big hangup for me.

My birthday is in February. I shall be getting one of these. :)

The size compared to the 1/48 Valkrie is very impressive. This thing may have won Toy of the Year over at Toyboxdx if it would have been released before 12/15.

After seeing those pics of this toy...I am more excited than I have been in a long time. This toy seems to be as cool as MPC Prime or SOC Dancouga. And those toys are tops in my book.

Someone else mentioned Fortress Maximus.....Man I have got to get that toy. It is huge! ;)

I would be very sad if they make the yf-19 smaller... if yamato is going to start making 1/100 their scale of choice... I dunno... I would have to think hard about giving them any more of my money.

1/100 is just so small... it would be around the regular transformer size and I don't know if I oculd bring myself to pay premium prices.

The Liquid Stone YF-19 resin kit is really impressive and with the folding front landing gear. I hope that Sakurawa-san has taken the Yammie YF-19 FP on this route..... So I guess that this kit may perhaps be the anticipated Yamato YF-19  that we all have been waiting for......I'd like an army of YF-19s.

Same here. I can't wait for that!!!

Looks reat, though it really looks like Yamato's regular crappy stickers, so I'm keeping it bare. Maybe Anasazi can cook up some decals for it

I hope so!? It would be a shame to just leave the Koenig bare!?

Count me among those who plan to wait until a decent sticker set is out. Until then my Konig will have to settle for being only as awesome as it can manage without stickers, wich is still quite a bit of awesome.

dunno if this has been said yet but according to the Yamato newsletter the monster is due on 12/28/04.

12月28日(火)

┣━やまと

┣ マクロス VF-X2 1/100完全変形版 VB-6 ケーニッヒ・モンスター

┃ 小売り参考価格 15,540円 (本体価格 14,800円)

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=341

Anyone else here order this through HLJ? I placed my order months ago and I'm wondering if I should be hearing something from them soon.

Carl

HLJ closes from 12/25 to 1/3, if the Koenig is due to the 12/28 it will be shipped in january :( Probably you'll hear something from them in that period or just before xmas.

Wonder how much costs the EMS shipment for such big toy...

Anyone else here order this through HLJ? I placed my order months ago and I'm wondering if I should be hearing something from them soon.

Carl

I was going to use them but shipping was gonna be a b!tc# so I went with VE.com

B))

I really like this toy. I just don't have that "must have now" feeling I did before the 1/48s came out. The only thing that would give me that much anticipation would be more (different type) 1/48s or a DYRL Macross toy.

It's looking good though... especially next to the conversion kit. I'll finaly have an excuse to take those bad boys out of the box. I just need my extra endoskeleton recasts.... Rohby! :p

Obviously I'm not familiar with enough of these places. However I just took a peek at:

http://www.tmp.com/

and

http://www.VE.com/

And I think I'm looking in the wrong places. HLJ is supposed to email me when it's available as I'm set up to pay with paypal. I believe I can cancel my order with HLJ if I can get in on a better deal someplace else. Keep in mind I'm normally a model kit guy so I'm not up on all the best places to get the toys.

Thanks,

Carl

Obviously I'm not familiar with enough of these places.  However I just took a peek at:

http://www.tmp.com/

and

http://www.VE.com/

And I think I'm looking in the wrong places.  HLJ is supposed to email me when it's available as I'm set up to pay with paypal.  I believe I can cancel my order with HLJ if I can get in on a better deal someplace else.  Keep in mind I'm normally a model kit guy so I'm not up on all the best places to get the toys.

Thanks,

Carl

I think you need to check your links. :p

Monster on TMP anime.

Monster on VE.

so I guess this is perhaps a preview of the prototype Yamato YF-19 that we've been waiting for.

how long have we been waiting for the 19? not that yamatos a "wish fulfillment center"(one of my favorites quotes) so i'll believe it when i see it....and i mean when i really see it, like in a box, at comic con or something of those lines. otherwise it nothing pipe dreams. :mellow:

By the way, was THIS thing ever posted here. I know it's not Yamato's VB-6 but this lego constructor has some great talent

thanks for da link homie!

that guys got some good ass MOC's in his gallery and he did a really good job(outside of lack of color) on the koeing. and that patlabor is off the hizzle-my-nizzle...i mean a retracting holster for the gun is too cool and its totally freakin poseable. B))

IS the real thing? it looks sweet.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/rs-labo/vb6s.html

Did anyone check the other links at the bottom?

link

look at the YF-19 !

Is this a new yamato?

1/100 scale?

I wish but no.... It's a wonderfest kit Liquid Stone

Just some minor clarifications for you guys. That site is Mr Sakuragawa`s personal website. He works together with Mr Sakamoto as Liquid Stone, which was originaly a small offshoot of IHP but became much more sucessfull. Both of them do sculpts for Yamato, as well as various other companies. Mr Sakuragawa specializes in mecha, Mr Sakamoto does various.

The YF-19 is 1/100 scale and is a completed resin toy simmilar to the ones Studio Half Eye produces. Scheduled for release this upcoming Wonderfest.

WOWEE!! the lego site is amazing. I love the Senkousha and the Fuchikowa...its soo cute :D The Patlabor is hot too, adn the Koenig is just stunningly amazing...truly a feat of engeneering to accomplish. I am defenetaly making some figures based off of his armature too..

The lego Konig Monster is amazing.

I only see a pair of white strange symbols, the kite symbol and U.N SPACY stickers on both arms.

Perhaps the 1/48 symbols and U.N SPACY would fit fine. That is why I always put extra of those main stickers in my custom 1/48 sheet :rolleyes:

We´ll see, if there are more strange symbols then I can make a custom sheet.

I only see a pair of white strange symbols, the kite symbol and U.N SPACY stickers on both arms.

Perhaps the 1/48 symbols and U.N SPACY would fit fine. That is why I always put extra of those main stickers in my custom 1/48 sheet :rolleyes:

Yes!!!!

Takatoy stickers are the only way to go!

I think the strange symbols are the "eyes" that are on either side. To me, those are the most importand decals. I agree about using the 1/48 stickers for the others, but I think we'd all say really, really, really nice things about you if you at least made a sheet with some eyes on it. :)

Was there ever a picture taken of the underside (belly view) of the shuttle mode ?

I'd love to see how it looks.

By the way, was THIS thing ever posted here. I know it's not Yamato's VB-6 but this lego constructor has some great talent

Its cool. They even have the pea shooter below its cockpit. :)

Was there ever a picture taken of the underside (belly view) of the shuttle mode ?

I'd love to see how it looks.

Yes it was. Here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=8294

I don't mind seeing it again though. I wish he'd make and sell plans for it.

Carl

I think you need to check your links. :p

Monster on TMP anime.

Monster on VE.

Thanks. I'm familiar with Valkyrie Exchange. I'm not so familiar with TMPAnime. Is it possible to tell what the shipping charges would be with these two with out actually having to place a pre-order? If they are similiar I think I'd rather go with Valkyrie Exchange even though he's $5 more simply because I've heard many positive things regarding Valkyrie Exchange, not that I've heard anything negative about TMPAnime.

Anyone here have stong feelings one way or the other? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to say something publically.

Just wanting to be an informed consumer.

Thanks,

Carl

so I guess this is perhaps a preview of the prototype Yamato YF-19 that we've been waiting for.

how long have we been waiting for the 19? not that yamatos a "wish fulfillment center"(one of my favorites quotes) so i'll believe it when i see it....and i mean when i really see it, like in a box, at comic con or something of those lines. otherwise it nothing pipe dreams. :mellow:

Let's just hope it won't just be vaporware. :unsure:

I agree. When teh 19 comes out, if it looks half as good as that, Ill be buying a dozen. Best Valk ever.

Still estatic about the Monster....I can see a custom in my mind if I ever manage to get a second....Full nitty gritty details like it was a tank model...pilot stuff, kill markers, weathering to the max, uber detailed, .....ahh....the possibitlity.. :blink:

YF-19 looks nice. Doesn't seem to be painted, looks like the parts are molded in cream and black, which is good. that means less painting for those that are artistically-challenged :p .

A few minor gripes though. At first glance it looks like it there is no way to attach the gunpod in fighter mode. Also, the feet do not close properly in fighter mode. Still, can't expect too much in only 1/100 scale. I do like how they have handled the front landing gear and the toy seems pretty poseable with no parts removale or swapping required. Might have to see if I can get one of these from Wonder Fest.

Moving onto the VB-6, looks nice but I can't bring myself to be wildly enthusiastic about it. Maybe it's beacuse I'm a a fighter guy, not a bomber person. Or maybe it's beacuse I'm still pissed at Y*mato for breaking off contact with Macrossword without any explanation, especially after all the free publicity and help we gave them.

I'm in half a mind to buycott Y*mato products from now on and remove all Y*mato reviews I've written from Macrossworld. If Y*mato want to be assh*oles, then so can I :angry:. This whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mounth. Maybe one day soon, I should write the whole story on the forums, with lots of juicy pics. Sorry, for the OT rant, but this has been bugging me for quite a while now. Not quite at the stage where I'm going to burn all my Y*mato toys, but getting there.

Graham