two more days till Macross Zero ep-5 release

treatment

Gahhh!

Two more days. Until release in Japan.

4-5 days till I receive my order from cdjapan.

possibly 24-36 hrs after japan-release for the fansubs to complete translation and encoding. another 24-48 hrs till it the seeds appear.

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by treatment

Two more days until we figure out how they (can't possibly) wrap up all the story lines in one 35 minute episode! ;)

EDIT - Although it will be nice to finally be able to get the whole series on DVD. It won't be long I'm sure, before the leggers have all five eps subbed and on one DVD. I have been refraining from getting the individual eps for just that reason.

Or, until Bandai (Big West) recognizes their English speaking fans, and at least puts subs on the R2 DVD's.

Edited by Mechamaniac

While I like Macross zero, I'm dreading the painful poorly animated Anime-Friend style sequences, like the previous episode with Roy's VF-O GBP armor.

You get amazing CG, then they hit you in the stomach with flip-book animation that would make Disney cry.

Can't wait, hope they will not go for the cheap ending and improved ending in the movie edition ala Macross + :( We all want to see the Monster in 3D

, right people?

Curious how will Aries die... bet for saving someone life. (Sara) :unsure:

PS

EXO what have the poor Shin Kudo did for be so hated? :lol:

Don't listen to EXO. He's just a bitter Edgar fanboy.  :p

Edgar's Shin's doormat! :lol:

I can't believe no one else sees Shin as the f*cktard that he is.

He starts out as this arrogant F-14 Top gun ace.

He goes up against a girl and he has no problem fighting her witha stick (very ungentlemanly, especially for an honorable japanese man) and proceeds to get his ass kicked.

He shoots Roy with the paintballs after he was declared dead (a very big no-no in paintball)

And it's been 4 episodes and I haven't seen him do sh!t with a VF-0. Meanwhile Roy is running around doing everybody's job. Shin is a better pilot with that POS flying log if anything...

DIE! SHIN! DIE!

I have a feeling he won't though... <_<

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You see, the wars of tomorrow will be fought by the kids of today. What you see as Shin's "arrogance" is actually a weary cynicism at his teammates disinterest in teamwork, objectives and even tactics. Haven't you ever played Counterstrike?

He goes up against a girl and he has no problem fighting her witha stick (very ungentlemanly, especially for an honorable japanese man) and proceeds to get his ass kicked.

Being from Japan, Shin merely wanted to show her his skills in Kendo. Or have you ever considered that, after his embarassment on the island, Shin was trying to woo her with that 'stick?"

He shoots Roy with the paintballs after he was declared dead (a very big no-no in paintball)

Roy is a camping whore. He's lucky nobody TK'd him sooner.

And it's been 4 episodes and I haven't seen him do sh!t with a VF-0.  Meanwhile Roy is running around doing everybody's job.  Shin is a better pilot with that POS flying log if anything...

He flew around in circles underwater pretty well. And again, Roy is a kill stealing bitch whose only concern is his score. gg, Roy

And you think its easy to fly a log? Let's see you try it.

The rental stores should have episode 5 in by now... I don't see what's taking so long. When ep. 4 came out, it was on rental a short while before the sale version.

As for Shin -- he's Japanese-American.

Reading some of the hype in the Japanese magazine articles, this could be the biggest Macross ending let-down ever. "Will the Bird Man destroy the earth?" "Who will win -- Ivanof or Roy?" "Can Shin save Sara?"

Well, duh. It's a prequel, so we already know the outcome of the first two. And yes, Shin will save Sara. They're the goodies. Bleah.

This series has got 35 minutes (plus a 10-minute extra feature, apparently) to redeem itself. Or I'm condemning it to that bin of pointless sequels that Macross II and Terminator 3 etc. have been thrown into. We'll shove Gunbuster 2 in there while we're at it. ;)

Don't listen to EXO. He's just a bitter Edgar fanboy.  :p

Edgar's Shin's doormat! :lol:

I can't believe no one else sees Shin as the f*cktard that he is.

He is a f*cktard! :lol:

With the angsty hero thing going on. At least he isn't chanting "I musn't run away!" while wanking-off over a psychotic girl in a hospital room! :p

Shin got pwned! This keeps up with the hero traditionally getting his ass kicked by everyone before he gets stronger. (one of the most extreme examples being Seiya)

Shin displayed the standard counterstrike reaction: "bullshit! He hacks!" :p Of course when he continued to fight against Roy, who's at a completely different skill level than Shin, he got pwned again! :p

And it's been 4 episodes and I haven't seen him do sh!t with a VF-0.  Meanwhile Roy is running around doing everybody's job.  Shin is a better pilot with that POS flying log if anything...

He's been hit over and over with paintballs, been thrown on the ground, grabbed by a big claw on the cockpit (dirty), and crashed it.

Shin loves wood.

I'll bet deadgar is gonna make a comeback only to be "tragically/comically" killed... or get a sex change and become Claudia! :ph34r:

"Will the Bird Man destroy the earth?"

What if the Bird Man just goes back to sleep again and wakes up in another Macross series and then destroys Earth? Impending doom.

"Who will win -- Ivanof or Roy?"

We are not sure Ivanov will die, or that he will die killed by Roy :p

"Can Shin save Sara?"

We are not sure from who or what Shin will save Sara :lol:

This series has got 35 minutes (plus a 10-minute extra feature, apparently) to redeem itself.  Or I'm condemning it to that bin of pointless sequels that Macross II and Terminator 3 etc. have been thrown into.  We'll shove Gunbuster 2 in there while we're at it.  ;)

It's a prequel, that's why you know all the answer. You have to admit the situation is different, and it's harder for authors to craft a story about outcomes you can easily guess.

I think the questions just came from a advertiser who doesn't know his work, or maybe these questions are just outright misleading. The point of Macross Zero is not really the suspense, the bits of suspense are meant to make you swallow the rest, like the phosphoric acid in your drink. Now that I have watched Arjuna, I am more and more interested in Kawamori's vision of the Earth.

My real question is: if Arjuna had influences from Bahgavad Gita, what is the tie between Macross Zero and the birdman cult of Easter Island? (the birdman cult was just a race to pick up an egg, as shown in Rapa Nui)

FV

what if the Bird Man just goes back to sleep again and wakes up in another Macross series and then destroys Earth? Impending doom.

Comes back to destroy earth? what earth is there left to destroy? I don't think its possible to do much more damage than 4 million Zentredi did three years later.

"Deadgar" will become Claudia after a sex change??? :lol: "F"ilarious man, everyone at work just now looked at me like I was crazy for laughing out loud just now, those bastards. :D

I want my copy now. Hopefully someone who actually speaks English will translate it and not some 4th rate english translation.

Or I should just learn Japanese.