More Shadow Force news

I wonder who will release MOSPEADA 2's toy in Japan...

Last I heard, Toynami still had the international MOSPEADA license, so...

Yes, but following a familar path of thought around these parts, just because Toynami have the worldwide rights to product Mospeada toys, does that automatically cover stuff from sequels?

Mospeada: Love Live Alive doesn't appear to be fair game for HG, so I doubt Toynami's existing Mospeada rights would cover it. Not saying that any Shadow Chronicles toy license Toynami may or may not be nutting with Harmony Gold wouldn't though...

Cyc (who still disbelieves that RT:SC will be Mospeada 2 until proof is offered)

• 2 months later...

Tommy Yune showed up at the Con today with a lot of new stuff to show.

First of all he shared some pretty good rare Macross Miyataki progress sketches of the Macross. Awesome stuff. you can actually see the guy developing the look of the SDF-1. It was a sock puppet presentation... :lol:;)

Then he moved on to some rare Mospeada design art. He said that he was interested in making a Mospeada Perfect Memory Book... something that I would immediately jump on.

But the new Shadow Force development presentation was pretty impressive. We got to see a small example of the animation process they are using. No actual finished animation was shown. A lot of wireframe and 3D modelling. One scene actually had voice on it. Nothing that shows how the story is. But it looks like there will be a lot of capital ships action. I'm waiting to see dogfights and more character animation. But it definitely brought the excitment level up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

There's actually been a lot of new developments, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

http://www.theshadowchronicles.com/info.php?id=un

UN PSA for the 20th Anniversary. Not actual voices, they were placeholders. (I think Scott Bernard = Solid Snake in this? lol, fart him, Greg Snegoff > Solid Snake)

http://www.robotechespanol.com/index.php?o...ad&filecatid=34

Trailer shown @ Robocon. Notice the glaring error in the trailer that elicited laughter from the audience (and myself).

So far, the show looks VERY promising.. at least more so than Macross Zero did. :/

Perhaps if its sucessful, it'll prod Big West to produce a good Macross sequel... and not utter shite like 7 and Zero.

EDIT: Went back a few pages, so adding comments to previous posts.

- This is NOT being sold as a sequel to Mospeeder in Japan. No way, no how. End of story.

- Shadow Force probably refers to the Shadow Fighters which were introduced at the end of Mospeeder/The New Generation. They were steath variable fighters.

Edited by kazuo

- This is NOT being sold as a sequel to Mospeeder in Japan. No way, no how. End of story.

Actually, it would appear that it is being sold in Japan as a sequel to Mospeada.

For those that care, don't care and just plain want something to oogle/rant about:

Robotech_01_cvr.jpg

The next comic series is coming. The refit version of the SDF-3 is now a twin boomed Izumo instead of the (logically) modeled Tokugawa which was a contemporary vessel. <_<

Edit: Well, that explains this vessel silhouette, the Shinano-class:

x2mppshinano.gif

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Having it be a sequal to Mospeada really limits the potential for cool combat. VF-1's fighting along side Alphas/Betas, and Hovertank/Cyclones fighting a ground war. Oh well, at least it's ressurecting my favorite 20 year old show.

Having it be a sequal to Mospeada really limits the potential for cool combat. VF-1's fighting along side Alphas/Betas, and Hovertank/Cyclones fighting a ground war. Oh well, at least it's ressurecting my favorite 20 year old show.

While the VF-1s would have to be removed I think they could leave Hovertanks in. At this point the VF-1 would be really dated (having been followed by the crapfest of airborne The Masters vehicles and then the airborne vehicles of The New Generation) so I think it makes sense not to have them in the show. With slight cosmetic updating the hovertank could look completely unique from the Spartas. Really though, even if you left it as a Spartas I don't think many Mospeada fans would care.

While the VF-1s would have to be removed I think they could leave Hovertanks in. At this point the VF-1 would be really dated (having been followed by the crapfest of airborne The Masters vehicles and then the airborne vehicles of The New Generation) so I think it makes sense not to have them in the show. With slight cosmetic updating the hovertank could look completely unique from the Spartas. Really though, even if you left it as a Spartas I don't think many Mospeada fans would care.

311527[/snapback]

I would care....... :p

MO SU PI DA

Mo Supida (Mow spee-da)

Mo Speeder

Mo(tor) Speeder

Cyclones.

It's Mospeeder.

And I really really really really doubt it will be sold as a sequel to MOSPEEDER in Japan.. between all the Rick Hunter/SDF-3 references, as well as the masters and Protoculture.. it'll be a big "WTF" for the Japanese.

Unless they hack the crap out of it...

MO SU PI DA

Mo Supida (Mow spee-da)

Mo Speeder

Mo(tor) Speeder

Cyclones.

It's Mospeeder

I got one for you, you Google "Mospeeder" and tell me how many hits you get then Google "MOSPEADA" and see how many hits you get. Me thinks you'll be changing your tune.

From some fansite: MobileOperationSoldierProtectionEmergencyAviationDiveArmor

I don't know about all that though.

MO SU PI DA

Mo Supida (Mow spee-da)

Mo Speeder

Mo(tor) Speeder

Cyclones.

It's Mospeeder.

311554[/snapback]

Boy, I guess you better head on over to Japan then and tell them they put the wrong name on their dvd covers!

11iu.jpg

Edited by Panon

And I really really really really doubt it will be sold as a sequel to MOSPEEDER in Japan.. between all the Rick Hunter/SDF-3 references, as well as the masters and Protoculture.. it'll be a big "WTF" for the Japanese.

Ok.....that made no sense whatsoever. You don't think the dialogue is gonna change between the two?

You do realise the new design of the SDF-3 is contemporary of the Izumo from Mospeada? Protoculture cells will probably still be labeled HBT, like the originals were in Mospeada. There will be no clear references to Southern Cross at all in the new OVA (which sucks ass as far as Im concerned, but then again, I don't get to make those decisions).

I fail to see how it could not be repackaged in Japan as Mospeada 2.

Hmm......i'm liking that new SDF much more than the previous "flying zap gun" model that they were going to use.....although it still lacks the sheer beauty of the SDF-1.

And i'm failing to see where all of this Shadow Force is coming into play, what with the purple Alpha's and all.

I agree also that a battle with the VF's, the Alpha's, and the Hovertanks would rock my socks.

Boy, I guess you better head on over to Japan then and tell them they put the wrong name on their dvd covers

Seriously, they got Yellow dressed as a chick on the cover of each DVD? Seems a little... um, odd.

EDIT: Maybe he's not dressed as a chick... maybe he's just really glammed out. Still, where's the rest of the cast?

Edited by jenius

MO SU PI DA

Mo Supida (Mow spee-da)

Mo Speeder

Mo(tor) Speeder

Cyclones.

It's Mospeeder.

311554[/snapback]

Boy, I guess you better head on over to Japan then and tell them they put the wrong name on their dvd covers!

*chuckles*

And i'm failing to see where all of this Shadow Force is coming into play, what with the purple Alpha's and all.

311626[/snapback]

Hopefully the purple Alphas belong to an all female hottie squardon :D

Boy, I guess you better head on over to Japan then and tell them they put the wrong name on their dvd covers

Seriously, they got Yellow dressed as a chick on the cover of each DVD? Seems a little... um, odd.

EDIT: Maybe he's not dressed as a chick... maybe he's just really glammed out. Still, where's the rest of the cast?

311630[/snapback]

...Have you seen the show???

Having it be a sequal to Mospeada really limits the potential for cool combat.  VF-1's fighting along side Alphas/Betas, and Hovertank/Cyclones fighting a ground war.  Oh well, at least it's ressurecting my favorite 20 year old show.

311469[/snapback]

Psst, that would never happen anyway. HG & Tatsunoku don't own the design rights to Macross Valkyries, no matter how bad they would want to, they could never animate them in their new series.

Psst, that would never happen anyway. HG & Tatsunoku don't own the design rights to Macross Valkyries, no matter how bad they would want to, they could never animate them in their new series.

311702[/snapback]

I did not know that, good info.

311702[/snapback]

I did not know that, good info.

311708[/snapback]

HG claims they own a lot of things... however, VF and rest of the Macross designs are owned by Big West. (and Bandai, in some way :lol: )

-------------------------------

The only concern I have for Shadow Force is the quality. Tatsunoku hasn't done any great/good/worth watching anime lately. They are not in a good shape of creating any high quaility animation. (They can... but they need a lot of $$$)

If HG is being cheap, a lot of animation will be done in Korea and China (at some small size animation studio) which is not something we want to see. Also, the result of being cheap will cause the quality of the CG. It wouldn't be as good as, let say... Macross Zero or even Transformer GalaxyForce. (not unless they hire Gonzo/Production IG/Sunrise)

HG claims they own a lot of things... however, VF and rest of the Macross designs are owned by Big West. (and Bandai, in some way :lol: )

Then again, doesn't Bandai own a piece of everything? :lol:

The only concern I have for Shadow Force is the quality. Tatsunoku hasn't done any great/good/worth watching anime lately. They are not in a good shape of creating any high quaility animation. (They can... but they need a lot of $$$)

311719[/snapback]

In looking at the Tatsunoko website, even back in the day, there wasn't much good/great/worth watching Tat anime out there. Outside of Mach Go Go Go, Tekkaman, Gatchaman, Mospeada and one or two others, (Oddly, although Tat [and even more mindbendingly, Big West] had a hand in animating Capt. Tylor, it's not listed on their official website) most of their shows seemed to be pretty foprgettable. Anyone care to see "The Golden Warrior -- The Gold Lightan," about a kid who owns a crime-fighting cigarette lighter, for instance?

If HG is being cheap, a lot of animation will be done in Korea and China (at some small size animation studio) which is not something we want to see. Also, the result of being cheap will cause the quality of the CG. It wouldn't be as good as, let say... Macross Zero or even Transformer GalaxyForce. (not unless they hire Gonzo/Production IG/Sunrise)

Dr. Movie is doing the animation, or at least the CGI elements.

Dr. Movie page on Shadow Chronicles

mo-su-pi-a-da

Your speeder reference is wrong.  Doesn't make sense in hirigana or katakana.

311567[/snapback]

Wrong, cause you either don't know Japanese at all, or can't read katakana.

A search for "mosupi-da" on Amazon reveals (with no corrections by the search engine)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/search...1890730-4549954

Wow, look at that -- MOSUPIDA. NOT MO SU PI A DA.

Let's take a CLOSER look at the cover image:

B00005HQR0.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Oh, look.

MO SU PI - DA

(the - denotes emphasis on the "i")

MO S(the "U" is basically silent)U PIII DA

Mo Spiiiiida

MO Speeder

Mo(tor)Speeder

Done. You lose.

As far as the "official" title, meh, its still Mospeeder to me, always has been, always will be.

Even "MOSPEADA" can be read as "MOSPEEDER," because if you've ever heard a native Japanese speaker try to say either/or, it will still sound like "MOSPEEDER" because of the accent.

Thank you.

I am really awesome because I can read japanese, and will glady correct anyone who disagrees with me regarding a translation, even if they are using the official translation from the original creators of the show.

Fixed it for ya.

Now excuse me while I start a thread complaining about how this site should be renamed MacurosuWorld.