More Shadow Force news

If it was supposed to be "Mospeeder" wouldn't the kana be "mo-su-spi-da-ru" ?"

312424[/snapback]

No, it wouldn't.

Take the name "Peter" as an example. Its kana is "pi-i-ta-a". It is not "pi-i-ta-ru".

Also remember that Roy Focker is "Ro-i Fo-kka-a". You never once hear "Fo-kka-ru".

Although I would like a spin-off show, "The Hikaru and Fockaru Show". :D

Thought I'd better get it cleared up that in no way am I on Kazuo's side just because I thought I'd correct Keith.That dude is on something else entirely. :lol:

Also, just wanted to quote this gem:

Also... maybe you should start correcting the spelling of english words. Like know. That's spelled TOTALLY wrong. It should be no, and that's how I intend to type it from now on. U no wear eye'm cuming frum, rite?

312309[/snapback]

Love it, JBO. Genius. B))

.... Or do I mean "Jenius"? Oh no! :rolleyes::D

Edited by Renato

Thought I'd better get it cleared up that in no way am I on Kazuo's side just because I thought I'd correct Keith.That dude is on something else entirely.    :lol:

While you're doing that, you should clear up one last time that you're in "no" way on Kazuo's side, otherwise you'd definately be on something else entirely :)

Thought I'd better get it cleared up that in no way am I on Kazuo's side just because I thought I'd correct Keith.That dude is on something else entirely.    :lol:

While you're doing that, you should clear up one last time that you're in "no" way on Kazuo's side, otherwise you'd definately be on something else entirely :)

312522[/snapback]

Noticed that. It's taken care of. Close one there. :lol:

I don't mind that he's on it so much as he isn't sharing it. :)

Also, just wanted to quote this gem:
Also... maybe you should start correcting the spelling of english words. Like know. That's spelled TOTALLY wrong. It should be no, and that's how I intend to type it from now on. U no wear eye'm cuming frum, rite?

312309[/snapback]

Love it, JBO. Genius. B))

.... Or do I mean "Jenius"? Oh no! :rolleyes::D

312519[/snapback]

*bows*

Thank you.

sorry, but i have lost all interest in this thread (and all else in life for that matter) since discovering Agent One's blog.

i now have a purpose.

edit: thanks, wes. nice to be back.

Lebhead, posting again?!? Who'd of thunk it? Nice to see you back. 

312364[/snapback]

AWESOME, the hand of CROM guides you!

I will be posting Part 2 of Mexico soon.

Update for those that care/dont care, want something to bitch about or simply think I suck.....a little preview from Wildstorm of the 1st issue to Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles.

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

And for the record, I was wrong. Its not Bucket Head Breetai thats gonna bite the bullet, its 2nd Lt. Lynn-Kyle. The last issue published by Academy Comics was:

sentb4-13.JPG

And for those that wanna know about that funky looking spacesuit/hazmat suit:

senthalloween-1.JPG

Thoughts....

Ok, um...I think. The new paradigm is supposed to replace the old one. That means VR-052T model Cyclones, Colonel Wolfe Flashback semi-rigid armour, and Gallant H-90s are all on the table finally. Thats actually good.

Off the table, most likely, are the Southern Cross-based weapons and systems like .40 calibre Weasel pistol, Wolverine Assault Rifle, Alexander Missile Battery Vehicle, and the Montgomery Infantry Fighting Vehicle. Or at least, like the funky hazmat suit, they are on their way out. That kinda saddens me as I love the Southern Cross stuff (of course).

Ah well....

So....they're following the Eternity/Academy comics then? I thought all that Sentinels stuff was to be disregarded.  :huh:

314270[/snapback]

Sort of yes, sort of no. Kinda like some from Column A and some from Column B.

For example:

Old Sentinels continuity placed this event before the 2nd Robotech War.

New continuity places this event sometime after Mars Division gets raped in 2042.

So, some of the characters that were in the old continuity at that point have been shuffled off to their fates: Colonel Wolfe and Scott Bernard come to mind.

The paradigm shift in equipment has already taken place: Lancer states in Ghost Town that a particular model of the Gallant H-90 dates back to the 2nd Robotech War, etc.

Well...they announced who the writer of the Robotech: Shadow Force is - Ford Riley! (who?)

Here's his list of credits from IMDB

"What's with Andy?" (2001)

Just a quick question...

What IS with Andy, anyway?

And for the record, I was wrong. Its not Bucket Head Breetai thats gonna bite the bullet, its 2nd Lt. Lynn-Kyle.

What!!??? The pacifist joins the military!!?????? That makes no sense. Its like the "writers" never even watched Robotech.

And for the record, I was wrong. Its not Bucket Head Breetai thats gonna bite the bullet, its 2nd Lt. Lynn-Kyle.

What!!??? The pacifist joins the military!!?????? That makes no sense. Its like the "writers" never even watched Robotech.

314329[/snapback]

KAIFUNN? KAIFUNN the drunk, pacifist martial artist who went off the deep end because Minmay left him, joins the military? Oh, sweet Zombie Jesus, why?

Well....finally figured out what that ship on the second page was....

Its a Mospeada-modified Tristar from Southern Cross. Tommy had mentioned that we would see one Tristar briefly. It would seem to have undergone a significant refit. They added 2 Alpha Quicklaunch bays, one on either sponson. That should bump the fighter complement up to almost 300.

post-646-1122401179_thumb.jpg

Tristar from Southern Cross.

314354[/snapback]

I've got a quick question for you, since you seem like you'd know; Where do these names come from? It's been 20 years since I've seen Southern Cross, but I don't really remember hearning names for ships and the like.

I found the Sentinels to be pretty sick and twisted trash.

Zor farts the Regiss Rotten to get the secrets of Protoculture. Minmei becomes the abused whore to the sadistic a-hole Edwards who if I remember from the novels used ships shaded like a naked Lisa to throw at the sentinels or something like that.

Was is Carl or the Novel authors that hated Minmei so much? I didn't like Reba's Minmei either but she didn't deserve what happen to her in the Sentinels.

Anyways isn't someone gonna make up captions for those preview pages?

During the Sentinels books, Kyle becomes a pilot after the attrition to the SDF3 pilots and is quoted as saying he was wrong about the military, that he had to fight with them to appreciate them. Then he tries to assassinate TR Edwards, a VT colonel who used to be Roys nemesis during the Unification Wars ( I guess Macross Zero did this differently with that Russian guy as Roys rival) because hes evil and hes banging Minmei. Kyle fails and bites it, professing his love for Minmei.

314356[/snapback]

Tell me you just made this up. Super-jerk-Kyle in a fighter? Does he use Kung-fu while in Valk mode :lol: ?

Update for those that care/dont care, want something to bitch about or simply think I suck.....a little preview from Wildstorm of the 1st issue to Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles.

Whataminute, there's a pequel to the the introduction of the next series?!? :blink:

And for those that wanna know about that funky looking spacesuit/hazmat suit:

314265[/snapback]

Was that hazmat suit a Waltrip creation or was it from Southern Cross?

Either way, I always liked the comics (all we Robotech fans had in the dark days) so I'm pleased to see they seem to be paying some attention to them.

I've got a quick question for you, since you seem like you'd know; Where do these names come from? It's been 20 years since I've seen Southern Cross, but I don't really remember hearning names for ships and the like.

314355[/snapback]

Well, the UES Tristar is named as such in eps. #53 The Hunters.

Unnamed Bridge Tech:Tristar ship is now approaching the orbital zone. . .Tristar arrival time is approximately 22 hundred hours and ten minutes Earth standard time.

As for some of the others, Tokugawa was chosen by the uRRG which happens to fit with the Jack McKinney novels having a ship of similar name/profile (though not the same ship, because McKinney operated under the same misperception as Macek that Major Carpenter's Super Carrier was unique).

Some, such as Ardennes-class Battlecruiser, Nelson-class Destroyer, Cheyenne-class Transport and Honolulu-class Tug were names I submitted to Robotech.com for the Southern Cross Infopedia section. I felt the names the uRRG used were less than inspiring. I also refuse to give the Tristar's the designation Large Cruiser as thats kinda loopy. I call them Cruiser Leaders.

As far as any of us know, none of the ships in Southern Cross were named except Major Lombard's Algada. Robotech follows suit with the exception of the Tristar. Its simply called a flagship (and we see that there are more than one, so maybe Squadron Command Ship would be better).

I just hope that Shadow Force's new enemy is the ebolans from the aborted Robotech: Crystal Dreams game.

Ah...crystal dreams...I can't help but laugh everytime someone brings it up. The pictures flood back into my memory of a valkyrie that looks like it was made out of cardboard boxes :). Where is Opus anyway?

Heh.

I spent way too much time waiting for that game to come out.

212292[/snapback]

Viva la Crystal Dreams... still my favorite Robotech Spin Off... Opus had a good story there... I hope he finnishes his fan novel some day. I'd pay top dollar for a Crystal Dreams OVA. More then for Shadow Force Anyway... and there was talk back when it was being made about releasing it in Japan as an AU Macross game that would have rocked... I would have loved to see it.

For the guy who asked, yeah Kyle became a fighter pilot or some kind of front line combat troop in the McKinney Robotech books. If it makes you feel better, he got off alot lighter than Breetai ...

314444[/snapback]

So what yr sayin is, McKinney is a retard and he was unaware of the LYNN Kyle character, so he just completely changed him.

Well now we have established that, lets give old HG a big slap on the back for carrying on a blistering mistake!

Oh and just so you know, I am not some "guy." You can refer to me as Mr. Agent ONE... and yes the name is case sensitive. If you are interested in my other brilliant opinions you can go here:

http://a1sblog.blogspot.com/

in robotech continuity isn't Minmei Zor's mother or something through some form of time travel and he later goes on to invite protoculture or some poo?

314450[/snapback]

So whose the Father? Lunk? Probably someone with a purple mullet. He had to get the boy George hair from somewhere.