Basquash: SK's new serie for 2009

ntsan

Pass, no thanks. I have no interest in basketball playing robots.

C'mon Shoji, let's have more Macross!

Graham

I used to think that way of robots/mecha playing sports, until I saw "2020 Baseball" in the old Neo Geo game system. The concept was pretty kewl, since players literally blow to pieces if stroke by the ball (in that game). Will check if Kawamori took one or two ideas from it... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Never watch basketball (find it boring) and haven't played since high school 23 years ago.........LOL!

As you can gather, a basketball anime, even it it is with robots and by Kawamori, is way, way down on my list of things to follow.

Graham

Saw the trailer... Man... the idea is so trippi... Even to Kawamori standards...

They are actually transforming mecha that change from pimp-mobiles to human piloted mecha basket-ball players... :wacko:

The CGI animation is superb... :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I wasn't really thrilled by the concept when I first heard about it on ANN but I have to say that this trailer got my interest: I'll take a close look at it when it'll be available

Pass, no thanks. I have no interest in basketball playing robots.

C'mon Shoji, let's have more Macross!

What, you can't wait for Summer 2009? :lol:

I probably pass. Kamen Rider DCD looks interesting though....

I just dont know what to think about this. It could be really cool or really lame. I love Kawamori and I love robots but I am not a fan of basketball. The animation looks good and I like the music but I dont really see myself getting into this anime. I am just finishing Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagann (I am watching them back and forth) and I am feeling like watching more stuff along those lines. I will give it a fair chance though. Strange as it may appear at first. I liked the mecha for planet engage kissdum better although I have not seen the anime yet just the mecha designs.

similar to what I thought of eureka 7... "sky surfing robots? lame"

boy was I wrong. anyways, I like basketball and robots! Plus the production quality looks great and I dig the music.

Eureka is fine since they surf while destroying other mech, but in MegasKawaXLR, I doubt it will involve any battle at all, if its only basketball match with more Yu-Gi-Oh type teen, I declared it as a heretic.

Wow..... WTF :blink: Ok, I'll wait to pass judgement. Looks interesting but it's not Macross. It better have sexy chicks >_>

Ok, I've watched the trailer. Very interesting I must say but.... such a drastic change from Macross. It could be good, we shall see. :)

Edited by MisaForever

Good thing I watched the trailer, for I moment I thought I read "baseball" (snore) instead of basketball (not snore). Looks like it has very good animation quality and the mecha designs look fun.

Wonder if they'll go the cheesy way and have power ups in the form of new shoes :lol:

People commenting a show before having watched it. Internet at its finest :rolleyes:

FV

Predates the Internet by decades. When Monty Python's Life of Brian came out, most of the protesters against this film had not seen it. And they wanted it BANNED! Same with the Last Temptation of Christ.

Taksraven