Basquash: SK's new serie for 2009

ntsan

So what's yer reaction when Iceman does the Black Matter Ball throw?

As I said, I've only seen the first two episodes, so that came in right at the end.

I'm really just skimming this thread, trying to avoid spoilers, so I don't know WHAT to make of it yet...it's still not as horrifying as seeing the bones for that cute li'l "u-PI! u-PI!" thingy pop out of Spanky's mouth.

[...]

I like it. It's funky, and totally unlike anything I've seen before. Which is why most of us got into anime in the first place, no?

It's certainly different from most other anime. Sofar it feels familiar, a bit like some of the younger manga influenced Frenco-Belgian artists. Probably Romains infuence.

It also reminds me somewhat of Les Eaux de Mortelune by Adamov/Cothias. (Hopefully no influence on the script as that story is more grim and dark then Tomino on a bad day)

(Hopefully no influence on the script as that story is more grim and dark then Tomino on a bad day)

I hate to admit it, the story is going to get grimdark sooner and later.

The new OP pretty much confirms the sad past/traumatic event of all the main characters.

On the plus side, the show will become more serious and "deep".

On the minus side, I fear it will lose its humor and charm.

Edit: A-M sub for episode 4 is out.

http://www.animetake.com/basquash-episode-4/

Edited by REbirth

The lack of discussions in this thread makes me sad :(

Guess people are waiting for the subtitles?

Yeah i was waiting for Umai. Man Haruka has a serious foot fetish. :lol:

Nothing much happened this ep though...with Haruka walking to the 3 to get them to fight each other.

Yeah i was waiting for Umai. Man Haruka has a serious foot fetish. :lol:

Nothing much happened this ep though...with Haruka walking to the 3 to get them to fight each other.

You just happen to miss the awesome Ricochet/lightning ball throw of Dan or something?

And Haruka takes foot fetish to a new level, she can pretty much talk with people by looking at their feet.

You just happen to miss the awesome Ricochet/lightning ball throw of Dan or something?

And Haruka takes foot fetish to a new level, she can pretty much talk with people by looking at their feet.

Ehh...no...it wasn't as awesome as Iceman's darkmatter balls so i didn't mention it. :lol:

Some ppl read palms, Haruka reads feet. :lol:

Ehh...no...it wasn't as awesome as Iceman's darkmatter balls so i didn't mention it. :lol:

Man...alright.

Anyway, the game would be more and more brutal next time, with that "one BF left standing" rule. The player can trash other Big Foots with the ball and still win the game.

Seems like the princess is gonna leave the house next episode.

1240814905002.th.jpg

Edited by REbirth

Spoiler actually almost sorta makes sense.

Gravity SHOULD affect anatomy to a degree. Not to THAT degree, but...

I also predicted it from the preview.

If anything they should be firmer and less saggy due to lower gravity....not affecting its size to bulbous proportions. But then again this is an anime where i'm willing to kick reason to the curb. B))

If anything they should be firmer and less saggy due to lower gravity....not affecting its size to bulbous proportions. But then again this is an anime where i'm willing to kick reason to the curb. B))

Right. Perkier, not plumper, would make more sense. It went the wrong direction.

Though it won't be long in the gravity of Earthdash before she starts having some serious back problems.

Earthdash is a freaky world.

And is it me or the Earthdash/Rolling Town is too peaceful for its own good? Sure there is delinquents like Dan around messing stuffs up, but there is no major war and the people just enjoy themselves under the moonlight.

I can't help but wonder how long this peace will last.

...about Haruka, she doesn't seems to suffer motion sickness like that...moon guy in ep 2 did, right?

Earthdash is a freaky world.

And is it me or the Earthdash/Rolling Town is too peaceful for its own good? Sure there is delinquents like Dan around messing stuffs up, but there is no major war and the people just enjoy themselves under the moonlight.

I can't help but wonder how long this peace will last.

We've seen very little of Rollingtown, and nothing of Earthdash as a whole.

They probably have crime and war just like everyone else. We just haven't seen it because Dan doesn't run in those crowds.

Next stop: The princess's kingdom?

...about Haruka, she doesn't seems to suffer motion sickness like that...moon guy in ep 2 did, right?

Well, she carries her own personal gravitational field generator on her chest. What'd you expect? :p

Seriously, she could just have been on Earth for longer, giving her more time to adapt.

OK, I get the whole everybody has different tastes thing, but it just boggles my mind that anybody could find anything remotely attractive about that cobbled together mess. I mean a car wearing sneakers.....c'mon!?

I'm still not entirely convinced that the whole thing is not an elaborate hoax that you guys are playing on me.

Tell me there's not really an anime called Bashquash and you've all just been making it up...........please?

Graham

My own fanfic....

Earthdash is another spiral world which is watched by Simon and his Guren Dan as it matures, where a new potential Spiral Nemesis might form from Dan. :lol:

My own fanfic....

Earthdash is another spiral world which is watched by Simon and his Guren Dan as it matures, where a new potential Spiral Nemesis might form from Dan. :lol:

Basquash! is actually Aquarion sequel. Earthdash is the new world which Apollo, Sirius and Touma end up staying after the first series.

Dan = Apollo's reincarnation.

Iceman = Sirius's reincarnation.

The general dude in the OP = Touma's reincarnation.

Search your feeling you know it to be true.

Ha ha, I doubt much people here watched Aquarion to get this one though :lol:

Edited by REbirth

Watched the first four episodes.

Pretty good sofar, nice mix of Gurren Lagan and French Sci-Fi noir.

Love the way they are taking the piss with the standard shonen story.

Wonder how they managed to convince Nike to go along with this, heh.

Eh, the RAW of episode 5 is out.

Edit: Just watch it

This week episode is not so good, so much happened but it's ruined by some badly animated screens and overall reused footages from the previous episodes.

It turns out the Princess has an older sister, the term "Basquash!" is invented by Dan and there's a brief appearance of the moon guys ala antagonists, I think.

Other than that, the Big Foot has a car form too. I wonder if the upcoming toy is transformable in the same way.

1241158676858.th.jpg

And now Dan can control the BF just by dribbling the ball, in the cockpit, G-Gundam style. I still have no idea how the heck does that even work .

Edited by REbirth

This ep gives the reason why Flora is going to be reverse trap.

Geez...

Bad parts of Rolling town has scum harassing women. You get the reason why Sela beats the crap off thugs. Flora was cornered by hoodlums and about to do unspeakable things to her till the rival team leader rescued her by throwing the big basketball on them. The comes in Dan telling him not flirt as they are still playing the 3 on 3 game. Oh Coco was there about to lend a hand with her chair's anti-pervert accesories but the rival team leader beat her to it.

Edited by RedWolf

Eh, the RAW of episode 5 is out.

Edit: Just watch it

This week episode is not so good, so much happened but it's ruined by some badly animated screens and overall reused footages from the previous episodes.

It turns out the Princess has an older sister, the term "Basquash!" is invented by Dan and there's a brief appearance of the moon guys ala antagonists, I think.

Other than that, the Big Foot has a car form too. I wonder if the upcoming toy is transformable in the same way.

1241158676858.th.jpg

And now Dan can control the BF just by dribbling the ball, in the cockpit, G-Gundam style. I still have no idea how the heck does that even work .

Makes me think of Futurama's Bender's Top Ten List of words... I think it was #2: Pimp-mobile (pronounced like 2 separate words)