Basquash: SK's new serie for 2009

ntsan

Watched it again... Did Aya Endou's character like had an orgasm at Bigfoot basketball?

You mean Sela? Well she isn't voiced by Aya Endo, this is voiced by Aya Endo, not Sela:

1238909577868.jpg

About Sela, she has a thing for strong men and Dan just proves himself to be the most hotblood men in the stadium, so she fell for him right away...

Watched it again... Did Aya Endou's character like had an orgasm at Bigfoot basketball?

It's funny...when I was watching it, I went into "Translation Mode" during a couple of scenes, and was trying to figure out how best to translate her "Kimochi yokatta...," finally deciding on "Mmmm...that was aMAZing..."

In other words...yes, she did. ^_^

EDIT: Just read the above post. Never mind.

Edited by Gubaba

One advice: You have to watch Aquarion (when you have free time of course).

I know, I know.

That and Gurren Lagann are the shows I ABSOLUTELY!!! MUST!!! WATCH!!!

It all really depends on how quickly I can get the SDFM novelization done. That's taking up most of my free time now.

i'm saving this thread to record how naysayers will be slowly converted to basquash like the Gurren Lagann thread. :lol:

You'll never get me. I don't like comedy anime in general and I especially hate comedy mecha anime, with bloddy silly looking robots.

So no Basquash or Gurren Laggan for me, ever.

Graham

Well there is the little sister. What happened to her?

Dan spent what a year in prison?

We know Dan hates bigfoots because of his crippled sister.

The effect is the opposite of what he wants. Bigfoot sports has been promoted.

Frank it reminds me of OC Sora Kake Girl Akiha , complete with Char mask, taking revenge on the baseball league by taking out every team there is with her pitching hax.

Wonder how the little sister will take it all.

Well there is the little sister. What happened to her?

I thought they made it pretty clear in the show, she got crippled by the big foot while playing basketball.

Edit: And he clearly said he want to get to the moon to cure his sister's legs (and to have food, womenz, money etc), that means he isn't your normal revenge-obsessed teenager.

Edit 2: lol Seems like I hafta post this here, anyway:

Edited by REbirth

I thought they made it pretty clear in the show, she got crippled by the big foot while playing basketball.

Edit: And he clearly said he want to get to the moon to cure his sister's legs (and to have food, womenz, money etc), that means he isn't your normal revenge-obsessed teenager.

Edit 2: lol Seems like I hafta post this here, anyway:

I meant he was in prison for a year. His sister could have abandonment issues.

Love the AMV. LOL

You'll never get me. I don't like comedy anime in general and I especially hate comedy mecha anime, with bloddy silly looking robots.

So no Basquash or Gurren Laggan for me, ever.

Graham

Bah Humbug.

Someone needs more sunshine in his life. :lol:

What if your kid loves Basquash?

My internet is pretty crappy these past 2 weeks but i think i can manage to watch it by tonight. Can't wait to watch it after hearing rave reviews online.

Edited by wolfx

Hmm, tomorrow night airs the second episode "Legend is dead".

Hope we can get some freaking streams by then.

Also, episode 2 will have the OP theme, "nO limIt" by Eclipse, I'm more interested in hearing the other singers than Megumi Nakajima though.

1239197274810.jpg

Hmm, tomorrow night airs the second episode "Legend is dead".

Hope we can get some freaking streams by then.

Isn't the TBS airing on Fridays? You guys could wait for Friday and watch it then. Or convince someone to start a TV Ants channel for MBS.

Isn't the TBS airing on Fridays? You guys could wait for Friday and watch it then. Or convince someone to start a TV Ants channel for MBS.

Nah, we streamers like it it fresh ^_^

Besides, by the time the shows airs on TBS (Friday night), HD Raw should be already out.

A TV Ants channels for MBS and TV Tokyo would be incredible nice though.

What if your kid loves Basquash?

No Bash-crap for him. He has good taste in mecha and mecha anime, thank you very much.

He loves watching Gatchaman, Voltes V, Combattler V, Great Mazinger and Ulysses 31 (and to my dismay, original Transformers.....can't win em' all). He's being rasied on a diet of 70s' mecha anime, just as kids his age should be.

When he's a few years older, I'll start him on Macross.

However, as an experiment, I'll show him a pic of the mecha in Bash-crap. 10-1 odds he'll say it looks really silly.

Graham

No Bash-crap for him. He has good taste in mecha and mecha anime, thank you very much.

He loves watching Gatchaman, Voltes V, Combattler V, Great Mazinger and Ulysses 31 (and to my dismay, original Transformers.....can't win em' all). He's being rasied on a diet of 70s' mecha anime, just as kids his age should be.

When he's a few years older, I'll start him on Macross.

However, as an experiment, I'll show him a pic of the mecha in Bash-crap. 10-1 odds he'll say it looks really silly.

Graham

well, as long as you have an open mind about it. :lol:

Graham, you are taking this too seriously. Just chill man. :ph34r:

Actually, it's all said in humour (which doesn't always show in written posts).

I do however stand by my opinion that the mecha in this show are uber-silly looking.

Graham

Just downloaded episode 1. Going to watch it, then see what my basketball-junkie 10-year-old thinks.

Is the version that was on TBS on the US TBS station, or a different TBS?

Just downloaded episode 1. Going to watch it, then see what my basketball-junkie 10-year-old thinks.

Is the version that was on TBS on the US TBS station, or a different TBS?

TBS, Japan = Tokyo Broadcasting System

TBS, US cable = Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

And let Graham be a cranky old man. And shouldn't you people be looking for streams at this time of the day?

Ok, just watched episode 1.

A few comments:

1) So far, it's really not my thing. Generally not a fan of kind of silly characters. However, I'll give it 2 more episodes and then see if a story starts developing that I'm interested in. This can take a while with me.

2) Just not feeling the hook for this sport yet (and I do enjoy basketball, and love mecha). I appreciate shows that kind of create their own sport. When I saw the first 3 or 4 episodes of RideBack, with the whole club scene built around Ridebacks and the races, I really felt the passion for it that was meant to be there, and wish they were real. So far, with admittedly only one episode watched so far, I'm just not really feeling anything for the Big Foot Basketball, or what it does to enhance the sport, other than, you know, there being tall mecha around.

3) Who the heck is the target audience here?!?! It looks and feels like a kids show, but there were a TON of sexual references (and lots of closeup boob shots, even if they are animated boobs). I really don't know if I want to let my 10 year old watch this.

Finally found some time to watch episode 1. The verdict?

"Issho ni iku yo" and "Kimochi Yokatta".

I had an orgasm from the visual pr0n (pun not intended) alone. Wow....when Nike throws money into your anime, you sure can do some amazing stuff! Really funny that Dan really spent 1 year in prison, as a plot device for everyone to be playing Basketball with bigfoots nimbly. LOL!!! Genius.

Definately following this show. And i expect more naysayers to join in the bandwagon.

I skimmed the first episode and all I saw were car hoods with legs running around with a ball, committing every foul and boundary fault in basketball. Oh well, it's not like Basketball was all that interesting in the first place.

inb4notanotherkidacemechapilotanime

Edited by Cent

2) Just not feeling the hook for this sport yet (and I do enjoy basketball, and love mecha). I appreciate shows that kind of create their own sport. When I saw the first 3 or 4 episodes of RideBack, with the whole club scene built around Ridebacks and the races, I really felt the passion for it that was meant to be there, and wish they were real. So far, with admittedly only one episode watched so far, I'm just not really feeling anything for the Big Foot Basketball, or what it does to enhance the sport, other than, you know, there being tall mecha around.

3) Who the heck is the target audience here?!?! It looks and feels like a kids show, but there were a TON of sexual references (and lots of closeup boob shots, even if they are animated boobs). I really don't know if I want to let my 10 year old watch this.

Man, if you can't really feel the passion then just meh. The point is not to enhance the sport, but what if you play basketball with mechas and no rule. Anyway, it's just the 1st episode, the fun barely start.

To be honest, I never feel much for the Rideback in its 1st episode ever, it's the later episodes that makes me (when they start the race, etc). But I do hope Basquash isn't going to turn out like Rideback did, when it comes to war and political. Let Basquash! just be a show with hotblood kids playing basketball with their mechas, no war or serious business please.

About the target audience, they are aimed at super robot fan, hah, especially the bouncing part :lol:

Who's watching this for the basketball should drop this, considering the absurdity won't stop, it becomes more absurd per episode, because

in episode 2, the ace player, Iceman Hotty, throws a ball so strong it becomes an exploding energy ball, literally.

I really like the OP btw, it's hotblood.