Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

44 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

Sry, didn’t mean kit... :) I’ve been building Gundam kits lately so that’s just stuck in my head.

I wonder if Bandai addressed any of the minor issues ScorchedEarth pointed out in his review?  I don’t know if Bandai makes small improvements to a product line.

One thing I couldn’t find about the VF-1A is whether it comes with a basic stand...I don’t see one in any of the pics.  Even the box doesn’t seem to show one.

It's most likely just the same mechanically as the VF-1J, except for the head. All the changes (apart from the head) will be cosmetic.

It will come with the standard DX CHogokin valkyrie stand, including adapters for each mode. It will not come with the special fighter mode stand that the VF-1J came with.

43 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

My Plaza Japan PO has shipped! Woohoo! 

Glad I paid upfront for the whole thing (+ EMS shipping). AUD has dropped ¥7-8 since the PO in April, plus no added GST from HLJ/Ami/CDJ.

I got lucky and go one from plaza japan lastnight and had it ship today aswell, and love the no gst cost on it :)

Doh! Slept right through it all. I did manage to get one pre-ordered on the second batch way back when from NY. But the price makes me realize that since most of what I have gotten, i take out...I'm just gonna scan Mandrake or Jungle as i will fly it around the house out the box anyways. 

I'm pretty sure that at least for this one many on the forms here will be able to secure there's. Regardless I got the email saying they're preparing my shipping so I'm super excited

24 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Doh! Slept right through it all. I did manage to get one pre-ordered on the second batch way back when from NY. But the price makes me realize that since most of what I have gotten, i take out...I'm just gonna scan Mandrake or Jungle as i will fly it around the house out the box anyways. 

I'm pretty sure that at least for this one many on the forms here will be able to secure there's. Regardless I got the email saying they're preparing my shipping so I'm super excited

I apparently missed the PO "announcement" yesterday. I was up, I could have taken a shot at it. Drat.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I apparently missed the PO "announcement" yesterday. I was up, I could have taken a shot at it. Drat.

Oh, @sqiddyou'll find some I'm sure. The VS-1S Hikaru is the version I think may be a little harder.

That pre-order was such a disheartening experiance. But with that I anticipate you'll end up with one. If not more. 

1 minute ago, Alphahorizon said:

Oh, @sqiddyou'll find some I'm sure. The VS-1S Hikaru is the version I think may be a little harder.

That pre-order was such a disheartening experiance. But with that I anticipate you'll end up with one. If not more. 

I'm not too concerned. I would have picked one up at PO pricing. That particular unit is not really high on my list of "must have". I would like have gotten some PO practice for the VF-1S Hikaru.

I guess I don't understand the PO thing completely. I was under the impression that the VF-1S Hikaru already happened (along with the Max). Both have been up on NY for a while now as pre orders (not PO madness pricing though). Is the VF-1S PO everyone is waiting for a second release/PO? If not I don't understand how they're up for pre-order (at full boat pricing) then later down there road there is the really good PO pricing???

Thanks in advance for explaining. I'm confused.................and I've had my coffee already. So no excuses.:D

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Is the VF-1S PO everyone is waiting for a second release/PO? If not I don't understand how they're up for pre-order (at full boat pricing) then later down there road there is the really good PO pricing???

Thanks in advance for explaining. I'm confused.................and I've had my coffee already. So no excuses.:D

The VF-1S isnt up for pre-order anymore. When it was, I have 5 browser windows up at different toy site. In ALL cases when I hit refresh (once the preorder time started) they were either sold out or the page wouldnt refresh. When it dis those were sold out to.

15 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

The VF-1S isnt up for pre-order anymore. When it was, I have 5 browser windows up at different toy site. In ALL cases when I hit refresh (once the preorder time started) they were either sold out or the page wouldnt refresh. When it dis those were sold out to.

Is there going to be another VF-1S Hikaru PO then? Is that what everyone is waiting on? Or is it the Roy?

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Is there going to be another VF-1S Hikaru PO then? Is that what everyone is waiting on? Or is it the Roy?

I think the wait may be, that there will be a few cancelled on release day. But Mando/Jungle will have some. But if you are MISB strict, they may not be what your looking for. 

Since I like to play with mine. I don't mind to much

6 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I think the wait may be, that there will be a few cancelled on release day. But Mando/Jungle will have some. But if you are MISB strict, they may not be what your looking for. 

Since I like to play with mine. I don't mind to much

So on release day there may be a few "up for grabs" at PO type pricing? So not a PO, but an opportunity to maybe snap one up at a good price. This is what just happened with the Max correct?

53 minutes ago, Tallman said:

NY just sent me shipping email. Max is on the way :D

I'm guessing that you purchased one of their markup Max's?  If so, looks like it's a valk that they acquired from elsewhere and resold.

They must still be waiting for their official stock from Bandai.  I had snagged a PO at their initial stock under MSRP, and my order page still shows an official release date of 09/21.

It's crazy how NY operates, but seems they always deliver :pardon:

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

There was some shenanigans at the HLJ page.  The Max vf-1a was showing as in stock, and you had the option to add it to cart, but then when you did it errored out and said it was order stop.  This continued for like 30 min.  Now it is just listed as discontinued.

I dunno whether they actually had some stock for sale at some point, or it was just a database error fighting with itself.  It seems more like that latter, but maybe a few lucky people scored a Max somehow.  I know I didn't :cray:

That's one more option down.

Amazon Japan has it up for Global Shipping for 25,400 Yen Ship. You have too look under the other sellers and pick the one with 23,800 price tag and it is 1600 yen for shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07QC9VHJC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3KPXW64I9V8IV&psc=1

17 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

There was some shenanigans at the HLJ page.  The Max vf-1a was showing as in stock, and you had the option to add it to cart, but then when you did it errored out and said it was order stop.  This continued for like 30 min.  Now it is just listed as discontinued.

I dunno whether they actually had some stock for sale at some point, or it was just a database error fighting with itself.  It seems more like that latter, but maybe a few lucky people scored a Max somehow.  I know I didn't :cray:

Yeah i got one added to my cart on HLJ, but when i logged in it disappeared from my cart and when i tried adding again it came up with "out of stock" notification. So no luck :/
But i jumped on a Max from AnimeExport and paid for it, now it says its in "packing" status and i haven't gotten a email for the shipping cost. So i just hope there won't be an "sorry this item is now out of stock" refund bullshit :p

Edited by theraiden

50 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'm guessing that you purchased one of their markup Max's?  If so, looks like it's a valk that they acquired from elsewhere and resold.

They must still be waiting for their official stock from Bandai.  I had snagged a PO at their initial stock under MSRP, and my order page still shows an official release date of 09/21.

It's crazy how NY operates, but seems they always deliver :pardon:

Yeah, since NY seems to always come through I am fine waiting. as long as I get one in the coming weeks I'll be happy. :)

anime-export is still showing in-stock (still 24,800 JPY).  Shipping was more expensive than I expected though - EMS to Ontario, Canada was 4,100 JPY; so now that Amazon has them, it seems that might be the better option as international shipping, iirc, is 1,600 JPY for DHL, which is quite amazing actually.  That's the route I'll probably go for the VF-1S when it becomes available.

Edited by Digitalfiend

56 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I can no longer find it at HLJ, could you by chance provide a link?

1 hour ago, Digitalfiend said:

anime-export is still showing in-stock (still 24,800 JPY).  Shipping was more expensive than I expected though - EMS to Ontario, Canada was 4,100 JPY; so now that Amazon has them, it seems that might be the better option as international shipping, iirc, is 1,600 JPY for DHL, which is quite amazing actually.  That's the route I'll probably go for the VF-1S IF it becomes available.

Fixed that fo ya!;)

By the way, welcome to the craze. This 1A madness will be nothing compared to the massacre that goes down when the 1S is released.

Unlike most people it seems, I actually want this Max more than the previous 1J or the upcoming 1S. Good thing I had it preordered since the first few seconds it went up so I'll just wait for mine to arrive whenever that is.

Edited by Slave IV

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Fixed that fo ya!;)

By the way, welcome to the craze. This 1A madness will be nothing compared to the massacre that goes down when the 1S is released.

Unlike most people it seems, I actually want this Max more than the previous 1J or the upcoming 1S. Good thing I had it preordered since the first few seconds it went up so I'll just wait for mine to arrive whenever that is.

Haha, you're probably right.  But with that said, I'm sure there will be some (likely overpriced) stock available if I can't get in on left-over/cancellation PO stock.

I must admit, I almost passed on the Max at first because it seemed a bit drab compared to the VF-1J - e.g. the chest is pretty bare; I understand why that is but it's also the reason I'm going to get the VF-1S as well ... more detail and well, it's generally just bad*ss looking (my favourite head of the VF-1 series) :)  In the end though, I think the VF-1A will compliment the VF-1S nicely on my shelf - assuming I can pry the Max away from my daughter haha.

Edited by Digitalfiend