Guest davidwhangchoi

I think the second and third from the last look the most like there is an actual starfield outside the hangar. Nice shots!

i agree that looks like it's really in space. amazing jvmacross!!!

how about adding this to low-gravity hangar?

Wow what is that? I was thinking about making something like that. I thought that the hangar should have a power loader of some sort even if it wasn't canon. I was thining of copying this...

post-151-0-58401000-1394010094_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-41454700-1394010095_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-90362500-1394010095_thumb.jpg

jvmacross, what material did you use for this hanger deck? It looks realistic!

Cold hard cash! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobby-Master-1-48-USN-Modern-Carrier-Deck-display-section-2-HD2005-/121186926963

You can probably also find them elsewhere.....the support vehicles and figurines are a combination of EXO designs and Hobbymaster diecast accessories....for some dumb reason Hobbymaster has stopped producing them and are near impossible to find....been looking for more with no luck....at least not from places in the US

Not sure if EXO is still making his accessories...but he should! :rolleyes:

$T2eC16V,!zUFIcZ!1rUMBSS6f9nzww~~60_57.J

Wow what is that? I was thinking about making something like that. I thought that the hangar should have a power loader of some sort even if it wasn't canon. I was thining of copying this...

attachicon.gify008.jpgattachicon.gify009.jpgattachicon.gify046.jpg

EXO;

What is the name of that kit? It´s a lego kits?

What is the name of that kit? I saw this on one of the CDX episodes.

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVKM-21/Sci

Agreed....plain space full of stars works the best....was trying to get one with a small bit of the earth or planet...but couldn't find one that I liked....

Did you mean "hole"?

yeah....I was going for the fighter bay area of something like the Prometheus looking out into space.....like near an elevator or deployment area...

This was my inspiration......a couple of my favorite Macross ilustrations of all time....

I really need to get some of these art books, I'm missing out on a lot.

I was thinking, it might be a fun idea to have a Macross Display "Best of" or "Hall of Fame". Based on photos posted in this thread, we could nominate folks, and then open a poll to see who would have the top 5 (or 10 or 12 or whatever arbitrary number) votes. We could make a sticky thread for the Toy forum that showed off the collections we have voted as being best of the best.

To be fair I think we'd need two categories.

1) Nicest Display (for us)

2) Nicest Museum (Kicker, Master of Macross)

Lol

Agreed! Kicker and Master of Macross are pretty much in a league of their own. I think it would be a fun to see this.

My noob Mexican collection display. I was one of those "Robotech" kids 28 years ago, right now I'm catching up with the Macross series.

v6iv.jpg

Can i ask, who are those little figurines in above picture made by? They're quite cute.

Risers are the best.

Are there any risers for batroid mode? Or something made out of clear plastic to replace the original stands that come with the Bandai valks (even if it is just the vertical bit of the stand)?

I just wanted to share my current layout before the overhaul.
P3160008.jpg

The shelf where I display my DX chogokins was actually and addition I installed myself. The shelving on either side was an earlier addition that couldnt be moved.

P3160013.jpg

I apologize for the bad lighting. My room is only lit up by one central bulb. I plan on getting some display lighting for the overhaul.

Can i ask, who are those little figurines in above picture made by? They're quite cute.

Those are some oldie toynami figurines, I have them also. They're available now in keychain version.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robotech-Keychains-Super-Deformed-Mech-2-Tall-Toynami-Harmony-Gold-/331150180962

^that's a pretty sweet collection!

Though being in open shelves, it must get pretty troublesome to clean up the dust.

A little, yeah. But to be honest I dont really mind it all that much. Gives me a chance to just not have to think of anything on a weekend and just spend the day dusting figures. I actually bought a makeup brush kit just for this purpose.

I've been thinking of putting a piece of hinged plexiglass over the openings though.

A little, yeah. But to be honest I dont really mind it all that much. Gives me a chance to just not have to think of anything on a weekend and just spend the day dusting figures. I actually bought a makeup brush kit just for this purpose.

I've been thinking of putting a piece of hinged plexiglass over the openings though.

I keep hearing people who use makeup brushes for cleaning their toys.

Really should get me one of those.

I keep hearing people who use makeup brushes for cleaning their toys.

Really should get me one of those.

They really do work wonders for dusting. Gets into all the nooks and crannies real easy

It's OK, Michael is used to dying.

haha so true.

I loved those little Toynami guys, I had Miria and the Orange trainer on the dash of my car! Then my tyre blew out and I rolled it... they didn't make it :(. Also had the Roy keychain, but they are vinyl so I actually don't recommend using them as a keychain, they won't last.

Cans of pressuirsed air are also very good. :)

I agree, the dust in my house remains very dry. All I have to do is blast my toys with a bit of canned air then they are like new. If it's a bit harder I whip out the brushes I picked up at Michael's to help remove the dust.