This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

Unassembled would be very cool.  I always wanted to get more of the Yamato kits to make a Low Viz flight team (2 or 3 VF-1A and a VF-1J) with some F-22 low viz decal/squadron markings

Thanks Jenius, but Looking pages back there are some links that someone posted but are difficult due to them being in chinese. Anyways, those links don't seem to have gotten a warning.  (....)

I guess I'll just have to search elsewhere, being kinda weird since this site is about helping others out, I guess I'll just have to help myself out. 

Thanks a bunch  people! :)

Edited by Pulltoeject

This site is not helpful for recasts and probably not Kos unless they're original works... Like third party stuff. There does seem to have been some lenience in this thread but that was probably more because the product hadn't actually hit the streets. I dunno, but I'm useless at taobao.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

Thanks Jenius, but Looking pages back there are some links that someone posted but are difficult due to them being in chinese. Anyways, those links don't seem to have gotten a warning.  (....)

I guess I'll just have to search elsewhere, being kinda weird since this site is about helping others out, I guess I'll just have to help myself out. 

Thanks a bunch  people! :)

I agree with Jenius. It’s just so happen that this KO thread still lives here in the ‘Toy Section’ instead of being moved to other section because it’s a KO. 

But no worries, I’m still going to help you because this is what we do here. Check the first post on this thread just in case you didn’t and you will see a link. Once you click the link, scroll down and you will see what you’re looking for. But beware though, I don’t know Chinese language so I can’t help you beyond clicking that link. ^_^

Happy hunting. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Anubis20 is selling an official 30th Anniversary Super/Strike for $100 in the For Sale section. It’ll be worth a PM for that, if he still has it. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 4:54 PM, Xigfrid said:

I received mine today, and I must say that it was a great surprise, but not 100% perfect. I made a side by side comparison with my Arcadia Premium Finish Roy super parts.

1) the goods: The Valkyrie Factory copy is very well made, it is packed in a double carton box just like Bandai's super packs. It looks like injected plastic and definitely not resin as I feared. The color is near identical, you couldn't tell the difference only under high light. Most parts are color-injected. The KO uses black screws which look nicer. The clear red part of the KO Strike part has its sprue cut hidden, where the Arcadia's cut is visible. No "Made in China" label on the KO !!!

2) the bads: There are slight differences, the seams are more visible with the KO parts. If the panel lines look identical, a few panel details are less sharp than the original Arcadia's. The painting is almost on par with Arcadia, except for the missile yellow bits and a default in the metallic paint on my copy at the rear of one turbine reactor.

3) The failure: At this point of the SbS comparison the KO Super parts would be totally worth if you still have a few VF-1 naked as I do, but unfortunately the Strike pack didn't mount very well. The culprit is the back pack bar which is made in a less rigid plastic than the Arcadia's bar. You can feel that the KO attachment bar is sloppier when you take the pack in the hand and when mounting the back pack assembly, the strike part is sagging on the outside because the rear fin push on the pack, the result is unsatisfying. With some massage, you could obtain a straight alignment, but to be honest it needs some sanding to completely fix the issue.

Arcadia has the same issue, the strike pack is plying the rear fin, but because the attachment bar is much more rigid, the Strike part is kept straight to the detriment of the rear fin.

Conclusion: I would recommend this pack for those who NEED a strike super pack, it doesn't come cheap reminds you. For those who don't  mind a bit of sanding/ work to strengthen the attachment bar, this pack is totally a great value. For custom works, I would wait a bit until the price lowers a bit and buy it when it would be under the 20-30 USD.

IMG_5318.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5351.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

Thanks very much for the pics. Out of curiosity I ordered a set for my 1/60 CF today. Will wait and see what the quality is like for myself when they arrive. 

Did yours come with the clear parts?

On 4/18/2018 at 7:24 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Speaking of grey market toys... how about this Shapeways Destroid Monster?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VZC6JTMYZ/destroid-monster-1-60-scale?optionId=13955748&li=marketplace

On 4/18/2018 at 7:29 PM, rdrunner said:

that price.... :ohmy:

On 4/18/2018 at 7:41 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

I know, right? Even the person who posted that up on Shapeways says in the description the price is ridiculous.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:03 PM, Slave IV said:

For that price, I feel like I'd be better off investing in Ant Man level molecular size manipulation technology to apply to the HMR Monster. 

How can anyone afford NOT to buy this?

• 5 months later...

I just saw that the KO replica from Valkyrie Factory of Roy VF-1s was available. I got plenty of this version so I won’t be tempted but curious to know if it worths the price asked (129$ shipped). 

I can probably take a naked 1S or a white 1J for custom though!

4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I just saw that the KO replica from Valkyrie Factory of Roy VF-1s was available. I got plenty of this version so I won’t be tempted but curious to know if it worths the price asked (129$ shipped). 

I can probably take a naked 1S or a white 1J for custom though!

yeh I saw this, this morning too! wondering if any reviews might pop up about it, it's tempting

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Where did you see that? 

Not sure if they saw the same. But I found one over Show.Z for $129.99 shipped.

https://showzstore.com/valkyrie-factory-1-60-vf-1s-arcadia-compatible_p0290.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Show-Z-Store-Pre-Order-Valkyrie-Factory-1-60-VF-1S-Arcadia-Compatible-Transformation-Action/32828917856.html

Edited by no3Ljm

Yep I saw this price on Show Z, which is a reputable shop. But a few days ago, I also saw it pop on Taobao with a notable photo where the front landing gear rotated on the left. I don’t know if this is a KO specific upgrade or if Arcadia was working on this upgrade too.

I can’t find it right now, but I will look again for it. 

43 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Is it just me, or does it look like there's a slight hint of pink in the white plastic? :huh:

HA! It does actually look that way.

Arcadia bootlegging their own products to get toys out to the market. Wouldn't that be something...

-b.