Jump to content
slide

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-19EF/A Isamu Special *March pre-order*

Recommended Posts

Looks lovely. So gorgeous. No wonder Bandai put lots of tampo on the DX Counterpart. :wub:

3aSNrSxl.jpg

S5hhpr8l.jpg

LRk35Ytl.jpg

mRbaIvHl.jpg

nkbUvsDl.jpg

Ct92lUal.jpg

Though the gunpod looks a little bit small. :rolleyes:

It would make more sense for Isamu's to wear an SMS pilot suit for that era. Even Leon Sasaki on Macross30's wearing an SMS pilot suit. Wish the DX one has it too like an alternate pilot figure for displaying. Probably by that era, Isamu is sporting a mustache, beard or something. ^_^ 

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the SMS pilot, I agree with no3Ljm in that Isamu would have a modern flightsuit by this point. The OD Green Armor/Boosters look perfect, I will definitely be painting my kits like this! B))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if the cockpit is different at all. I don't see any changes to the instrument panels/seats to accommodate the EX Gear, but then again the pics I've looked at of the YF-19 aren't big enough for comparison. I was thinking that maybe Hasegawa included the resin cockpit parts from the VF-1EX kit.

Edited by kajnrig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are these hasegawas snap fit like the bandai gunpla models? I'm assuming a lot of work needs to be done for it to look decent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Are these hasegawas snap fit like the bandai gunpla models? I'm assuming a lot of work needs to be done for it to look decent?

Nope, it requires model cement.

However i wouldnt shy away from it, its just a matter of glue and following the instructions. And you can even hand paint it. 
Hasegawa has a reputation of releasing nice fighter models so even a basic build can look cool on the shelf.

Patience and time is what's needed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Are these hasegawas snap fit like the bandai gunpla models? I'm assuming a lot of work needs to be done for it to look decent?

No. They're not as snap fit like Gunpla. You really need cement to secure them together and paint to add details to it. They're not as cross-injection like Gunplas where they have multiple colors in one sprue. Most Hasegawa kits comes in 2-3 colors only. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Box Art is now out !!!

65839.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous box art!! Hope all these fit into a fourth sortie book! For a moment there I tot it looked like the vf4g!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

Is this a limited kit?

Yes. (See bottom right corner of box art.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now if they'd just upscale this to release it in 1/48th... ^_^ 

I'm still waiting for a matching YF-21 though, they really need to get on that.

I might wind up getting one of these, but I don't know if I'd build it in the SMS markings, or just use the fast packs for a loaded Macross Plus version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ivorysniper said:

Box Art is now out !!!

65839.jpg

"Ikuze Kawaiiko-chan. Yahooooo!" - Isamu

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Now if they'd just upscale this to release it in 1/48th... ^_^ 

I'm still waiting for a matching YF-21 though, they really need to get on that.

I might wind up getting one of these, but I don't know if I'd build it in the SMS markings, or just use the fast packs for a loaded Macross Plus version.

Yeah, I really want it in 1/48 scale. ^_^

Buy two instead. One with SMS markings and one for loaded Macross Plus version. And cheaper too. Win-Win, right? :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad the designation was not EF/N/A...:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my payment notice today. Here's to seeing it at the end of the month!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

payed for mine.

 

I love the private warehouse feature!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ Same here, just received a payment notice. Can't wait to get these!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine in yesterday!! B))

IMG_2481.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One will be Isamu for sure while the other two I will be painting as Low Vis. (Navy Gray) types. B))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got two on the way now and cant wait to build them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine in the mail a few days ago, looks like it's gonna be a great build! :D Gonna be doing mine up in her Plus appearance with the gray FAST Pack (painting the shoulder missiles and boosters gray as well) so I was real pleasantly surprised to find the Plus-era pilots on the sprues. I'd already consigned myself to just painting the SMS pilot in Isamu's old colors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ooh. That's nice. I see the VT-1 and VE-1 are coming back in October, as well. Gonna have to give HLJ an email, see if they're taking orders.

EDIT:

Huh. Going to their December release page, I don't see the VF-19EF/A listed. The VF-31C is there, and in the October page the VE-1 and VT-1 are there (as well as the 35th Anniversary VF-1J).

December: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201712/

October: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201710/

EDIT again:

Oh derp derp, that's because it's on the November page. November 29, 2017.

November: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201711/

Edited by kajnrig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome to see these kits getting re-released!  Just wish they'd update the booster nozzles on the super packs for these kits.  The shape is just all wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Awesome to see these kits getting re-released!  Just wish they'd update the booster nozzles on the super packs for these kits.  The shape is just all wrong.

Wait huh what? What's wrong with the booster nozzle shape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry, should have clarified that, eh? ;)

The Vernier on the Super Parts for the VF-1 have always been way too shallow and weirdly shaped, in my opinion.  Many have opted for Kotobukiya replacement parts as an upgrade for them. I'd hoped the re-release would address this shape issue but from the pics, they're the same old thing.

Edited by mickyg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I see. You mean something more like the Super VF-25 verniers, right? That stick out more prominently.

10343500a5.jpg

Me, having grown up staring at the Hasegawa version of the VF-1, their Super pack is sort of the default look in my mind now, so I'm always taken back a bit when I see other kits/toys with more definition to the vernier thruster bells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Precisely!  I need to find a good pic of the difference though. I guess if you look at the Bandai HM-R or YamCadia 1/60 super parts, it becomes a bit more clear.  Actually, even the Hasegawa 1/48 kits seem to get it more "right" than the 1/72 kits do.

Just realised this is the VF-19 thread though.  Oops...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Ooh. That's nice. I see the VT-1 and VE-1 are coming back in October, as well. Gonna have to give HLJ an email, see if they're taking orders.

EDIT:

Huh. Going to their December release page, I don't see the VF-19EF/A listed. The VF-31C is there, and in the October page the VE-1 and VT-1 are there (as well as the 35th Anniversary VF-1J).

December: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201712/

October: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201710/

EDIT again:

Oh derp derp, that's because it's on the November page. November 29, 2017.

November: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201711/

 

That's great. I've been meaning to pick up a spare VE-1 and VT-1 (to use with custom Hasegawa decal sets I got a while back) but I've never been able to find them at a nice price online since they went OOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, is this just the yf-19 mold with fast packs? Earlier in the thread, it seemed like this was a new mold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Oh, I see. You mean something more like the Super VF-25 verniers, right? That stick out more prominently.

10343500a5.jpg

Me, having grown up staring at the Hasegawa version of the VF-1, their Super pack is sort of the default look in my mind now, so I'm always taken back a bit when I see other kits/toys with more definition to the vernier thruster bells.

 

Unless I'm mistaken, aren't the Hasegawa vernier thrusters accurate to the movie? They aren't bell-shaped in DYRL. Unless I'm missing something.

ve1_dyrl_1235_to_1237.png

VT-1Jstill1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×