Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, sqidd said:

That's pretty cool. Looks like it could almost be a Macross Valk in Battroid. YF-33?:D

The chest gives me a Full Metal Panic vibe, the legs are a bit more gundam style, but the head reminds me of the VF-25/29/31.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The chest gives me a Full Metal Panic vibe, the legs are a bit more gundam style, but the head reminds me of the VF-25/29/31.

Yeah, the head sucked me in. The chest has a little bit of a YF-19 vibe going on to me. But I'm not familiar with Full Metal Panic. ....Just looked that up. Yep, I can see that too.

I doubt anyone would ever do it because it would be so niche but you could have a lot of fun with some mash ups. Maybe have a company like Fewture do it. Their EX Gokin line is awesome interpretations of classic designs. I'd love to see them do a VF-1S Focker with SSP's in Battroid but with the Ex Gokin "monsterized" touch. Back on track. It would be fun to have some Macross/Super Robot mash ups. Or Gundam/Macross mash ups. Or Super Robot/Gundam mash ups. Or even some super hero type stuff. I just got one of those Batman Multiverse McFarlane Toys jobbies. It's like a Batman/Mazinger mash up. I love the look. I'm not into super hero stuff at all. I don't even have an Iron Man!:shok:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else get a email regarding cancellation of the Metal Club Wing Gundam Zero EW?

Quote

Hi

This is Kelsi from ShowZStore.Com
Thank you for your order.
We are really sorry for the news that we have to inform you. 
Due to the factory's own reasons, the factory reported that the product Metal Club 1/100 MG Fix XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero Endless Waltz Ver you pre-ordered could not be availble.
So we have to inform you that you need to cancel the previous order of this product by yourself. 
After the cancellation, the deposit will be returned to your account in the form of credits, you can use them as money when you pay for other orders in the future.


Sorry for the troubles
:(

 

Edited by blitz
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blitz said:

Did anyone else get a email regarding cancellation of the Metal Club Wing Gundam Zero EW?

 

Yes. What was odd was I had already canceled mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 9:11 PM, Jaustin89 said:

VBbfcPY.jpg

5DxGSFT.jpg

The Gerbera Tetra arrived today; I have to say I'm vaugely dissapointed in it. It looks great (my lights are yellowish so the picture doesn't remotely capture the color acurately), does everything it was advertised to, has some cool features, and comes in at ~12" tall and ~2-3lbs but everything about it feels slightly off in a way I can't really describe.

The plastic is weirdly light; lighter even than the plastic in the few model kits I've picked up. The range of motion is odd with some joint like the knees being able to bend ~170 degrees but the bicep rotation being unable to turn inward and some other weird limitations on the arm movements. And you can forget whaterver range of motion does exist for the arms if you leave the shoulder thrusters in place; add the shield or the skirts that attach to the thrusters and that arm is basically stuck pointing straight down at it's side.

I also didn't receive the upgrade kit that was supposed to come with it. I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do about that; on the one hand I paid for it and I didn't get it, but on the other getting it is just going to make me more dissapointed at not being able to really do anything with it and isn't woth the probable hassle of dealing with customer service over.

Overall it's not bad per say I just can't really find anything unabiguosly positive to say about it which is not a thing you want in something that cost a couple hundred dollars.

This is all super subjective especially since I can't really explain even in my own head why it's dissapointing so I'm sure some people are going to be perfectly happy with it but something about it just doesn't work for me.

I got mine and everything works. I dont know what you want. Wait for Bandai to make one then...If you can live past the age of 200. They have to use lighter plastic on the booster pack . I have had it in a number of poses and it holds Surprisingly well. Even with the giant pack. And its heavy. Heavier than his blue buddy. And the price of this is outstanding. Stiff Joints a good array access. and the lights i ordered one of them doesnt work big whoop. I dont expect to leave the boosters lit. Also i have on order the expansion set. It didnt ship with mine...cause its not ready yet...lol

 

image.png.0cfd141a68fd468b297d4005bc3f7cd1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

I got mine and everything works. I dont know what you want. Wait for Bandai to make one then...If you can live past the age of 200. They have to use lighter plastic on the booster pack . I have had it in a number of poses and it holds Surprisingly well. Even with the giant pack. And its heavy. Heavier than his blue buddy. And the price of this is outstanding. Stiff Joints a good array access. and the lights i ordered one of them doesnt work big whoop. I dont expect to leave the boosters lit. Also i have on order the expansion set. It didnt ship with mine...cause its not ready yet...lol

 

image.png.0cfd141a68fd468b297d4005bc3f7cd1.png

Is this the same as this guy? I think it is. Thanks!

Linky:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07ZH9N122/?coliid=I16DC812OKQ0JT&colid=2XOD475G2WPY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

It is the same Figure and IM telling you the best iteration of a 4th Party Gundam 

I had wanted it but Jaustin89 scared me off.

How is ShowZ doing shipping now? Anyone order something lately?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I had wanted it but Jaustin89 scared me off.

How is ShowZ doing shipping now? Anyone order something lately?

Seems to be getting back to normal again, the last few items arrived in reasonable time. No more free shipping for me though. And keep in mind I live in Europe.

Edited by Scyla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I had wanted it but Jaustin89 scared me off.

How is ShowZ doing shipping now? Anyone order something lately?

shockingly when they shipped it 2 weeks ago it was fast got it quicker then I expected. I did have to pay a little extra to ship it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Seems to be getting back to normal again, the last few items arrived in reasonable time. No more free shipping for me though. And keep in mind I live in Europe.

 

40 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Seems to be getting back to normal again, the last few items arrived in reasonable time. No more free shipping for me though. And keep in mind I live in Europe.

yep my items are coming in hot and fast KNOCK ON PLASTIC 

but we are going to get another lockdown so get em while you can 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So it's neither Gundam nor 3rd party at this point, but it still started off as a 3rd party "metal build"-ish figure and was discussed here so...

ShowZ shipped out my CCS Toys Gurren Lagann today. Can't wait.

I didn't realize it was so big: IMG_8910.PNG.eafd6121bf4cabc075499629eb862146.PNG
 

I unfortunately cancelled my (discounted) preorder at ShowZ. There's too much (Mando Hot Toys) coming down the pipe in the next few months and I'm way past being out of room to display things. 

Maybe I'll pick it up in the 2nd or 3rd release, it looks amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So it's neither Gundam nor 3rd party at this point, but it still started off as a 3rd party "metal build"-ish figure and was discussed here so...

ShowZ shipped out my CCS Toys Gurren Lagann today. Can't wait.

Mine hasn't shipped.:(

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

I didn't realize it was so big: 
 

I unfortunately cancelled my (discounted) preorder at ShowZ. There's too much (Mando Hot Toys) coming down the pipe in the next few months and I'm way past being out of room to display things. 

Maybe I'll pick it up in the 2nd or 3rd release, it looks amazing.

 

27 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

DAMN that is a big piece! I was expecting it to be close in size with my Metal Builds. 

Someone finally makes a toy the right size!:yahoo:

I loathe 6-8" figures that cost $200+. They display like crap.

I'm re-organizing displays here soon. I may very well cut all of my Gundam MB stuff loose.

Edited by sqidd
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

I didn't realize it was so big: IMG_8910.PNG.eafd6121bf4cabc075499629eb862146.PNG
 

I unfortunately cancelled my (discounted) preorder at ShowZ. There's too much (Mando Hot Toys) coming down the pipe in the next few months and I'm way past being out of room to display things. 

Maybe I'll pick it up in the 2nd or 3rd release, it looks amazing.

I was not aware it was so big either. Sweet.

Can't wait to try and figure out where to put the thing, looks like it's up there in size with the smaller PGs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

ShowZ posted some new pics and gave it a price:

McShow 1/72 ZGMF-X42S ZGMF X42S Metal Build MB Destiny Gundam Seed
https://showzstore.com/pre-order-mcshow-1-72-zgmf-x42s-zgmf-x42s-metal-build-mb-destiny-gundam-seed_p1281.html

0f6feed793.thumb.jpg.796b74e9ae0b576eaf083c1dabf3a0e8.jpg

I had cancelled my preorder a few months ago with all the other 3rd party metal build cancellations because I thought it was listing that was never going to come in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

ShowZ posted some new pics and gave it a price:

McShow 1/72 ZGMF-X42S ZGMF X42S Metal Build MB Destiny Gundam Seed
https://showzstore.com/pre-order-mcshow-1-72-zgmf-x42s-zgmf-x42s-metal-build-mb-destiny-gundam-seed_p1281.html

0f6feed793.thumb.jpg.796b74e9ae0b576eaf083c1dabf3a0e8.jpg

I had cancelled my preorder a few months ago with all the other 3rd party metal build cancellations because I thought it was listing that was never going to come in. 

Ohhh Ballzy. A 1/72 upscale of the MB Destiny is neat. With a company name like McShow that's hilarious. I wonder if this is Mo Show under a different name or someone has a sense of humor and trying to copy of the Mo Show name. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it’s anything like the MoShow Strik....eeer... I mean Mecha Warrior, then it’ll be amazing. 
 

I’m not a fan of Destiny Gundam, but if they made a 1/72 Freedom I’d sell both of my MB Freedoms (v1 and concept 2) to make space for it. 
 

Even more of a dream would be GP01 Zephyrantes in 1/72 scale!

 

Not enough premium 0083 love from any of the toy makers. :sad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been waiting for my Gerbera Tetra to arrive from Show.Z

They use surface mail I think, so it took over 2 months. Finally, today, the tacking shows that it was delivered on my front door at 5:40am !!!!!

Something is definitely wrong. I wonder if it is worth calling USPS to check what is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted this figure in the Unlicensed Third Party Transformers thread a few days ago. But apparently, I found out that it's not a 'Transformer' character so I decided to post it here instead of creating a new thread. 

2d98fe75f2.jpg

a4e88861e0.jpg

7393b89b4b.jpg

And now that I've seen videos of it, I'm really not sure if I'm glad that I didn't order one. Coz it really looks unique to be honest. I really like how clean the underbelly is in Alt Mode. But for $160 for its size? I really wish it was bigger than the 1/60 VF-1's in Fighter mode or as same height in Battroid mode. The video below shows some shot comparing it with KC's 1/72 VF-1J so you'll know how 'small' it is. If it's just for $100, I might bite.

1857153166_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_24_54PM.thumb.jpg.ef33562a438d5cdaab959c23b88be843.jpg

1937941160_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_25_11PM.thumb.jpg.68288f7419c5b9034a4686d274be6274.jpg

2012855368_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_26_18PM.thumb.jpg.e39e031382be8150b533f8839534111e.jpg

466557012_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_27_25PM.thumb.jpg.d52fd533868dad85a7042f5ac7daf146.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I posted this figure in the Unlicensed Third Party Transformers thread a few days ago. But apparently, I found out that it's not a 'Transformer' character so I decided to post it here instead of creating a new thread. 

2d98fe75f2.jpg

a4e88861e0.jpg

7393b89b4b.jpg

And now that I've seen videos of it, I'm really not sure if I'm glad that I didn't order one. Coz it really looks unique to be honest. I really like how clean the underbelly is in Alt Mode. But for $160 for its size? I really wish it was bigger than the 1/60 VF-1's in Fighter mode or as same height in Battroid mode. The video below shows some shot comparing it with KC's 1/72 VF-1J so you'll know how 'small' it is. If it's just for $100, I might bite.

1857153166_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_24_54PM.thumb.jpg.ef33562a438d5cdaab959c23b88be843.jpg

1937941160_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_25_11PM.thumb.jpg.68288f7419c5b9034a4686d274be6274.jpg

2012855368_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_26_18PM.thumb.jpg.e39e031382be8150b533f8839534111e.jpg

466557012_ScreenShot2020-12-14at4_27_25PM.thumb.jpg.d52fd533868dad85a7042f5ac7daf146.jpg

 

 

That looks pretty cool. For a panelformer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...