2 hours ago, Dobber said:

HLJ. 

Crud!  I've preordered an Andromeda with them as well... it must be a box size issue, or something.  Look on the bright side; at least you'll get it fast, and so will I when I decide to ship it.

On 23/03/2017 at 1:29 PM, Dobber said:

1/1000 Dreadnought coming in June :D

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10457024

Unfortunately, it has electronics too, so there will be some extra cost involved. Though, the ship is much smaller than Andromeda so hopefully the price won't be too bad. 

This one doesn't have electronics like Andromeda. It relies on Bandai's LED Units, much like the 1/500 Yamato did. Only difference is that while the 1/500 didn't bring any of the required units and you had to buy them separately, the Dreadnaut brings the units for the bridge and Wave-Motion Gun already in the package. All you need to get extra is the unit to light the main engine. Don't know why they left that one out, would've been simpler to just go all the way. But those things are relatively cheap and don't make much of a dent in terms of final price. Andromeda is a different ball game. It has a fully costum light system with sound effects, not to mention it's a bigger ship. Hence the super-price.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Thom said:

Any idea when we'll see episodes on-line, even with fansubs..?

The full Blu-Ray has already poped up, about a week after the retail version hit stores but two weeks later still no sign of fansubs. I honestly have to admit this is a bit of a gray area.

Yamato has never been a show that fansubers seem to want to tackle. 2199 made it quickly to sharing sites because it had the subs included in the discs. All they had to do was encode the video files and presto, it was done. (This might be another reason they decided against subs in 2202).

Actually going in and making subs from scratch... I don't see that happening any time soon. For example, Yamato Resurrection came out 8 years ago and although a subtitle eventually came out for the theatrical version, the Director's Cut has yet to get a fansub. Sure, Resurrection wasn't exactly the runaway hit that the 2199/2202 line has become. But unless some die hard fans decide to do it, I doubt we'll get a fansub of 2202. Add the fact that most die hard fans are firmly opposed to this method of "distribution" and the odds aren't good. I hope I'm wrong but the track record speaks for itself.

We might actually have to wait and see whatever official release eventually comes out, which might take a while.

I said it before, I'll say it again. Not subtitling 2202 when they did it for 2199 was a d*ck move. More international fans would have bought it if it had subtitles, everyone would be happy instead of many waiting for either an illegal release or a legal one that might not only take a loooooooong time to come out, as it will never - NEVER - be as good as the Japanese release. Voyager's image got seriously burned with their messed up release of 2199.

Not just for how they changed the original content and number of discs, but that they left fans dangling with an incomplete release. I'm on a budget but I'd rather pay for the 7 Japanese discs for their quality and content (and immediate availability) than the 6 that would have made up the american release. Those that waited for the american release, not only waited for quite a while for that release, they didn't get any special content, not even the booklets of the original release, and in the end... not even a complete run. And due to the change in order, those that bought the remaining episodes from Japan ended up with two repeated episodes. Whichever way you look at it, it was a mess.

Personally, I won't double dip. I'll buy the Japanese release and wait for someone to sub it, even if that only happens when the expected international release comes out. I usually rip my discs and put the files in a hard drive to watch. Its just simpler than poping in a disc at every 4 episodes. This will allow me to have the best release and have that subbed. It may take its time, and it sucks that most of the finer plot points will be lost until then, but hey, its what we got. I for one, am content to just bask in the amazing visuals for now and get most of what's going on from them.

Rant over. Carry on.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Looks awesome. Love all the battleships!

Subs, please!!!!!

+1

I got the opportunity to watch the unsubbed blu-ray with a friend. What I saw didn't disappoint me at all.

The first episode was easy to follow, even with the rebooted content, since I'm familiar with the classic series. The second was more confusing, since it appears to add more background for the rebooted elements (I'm guessing). I did my best to simply enjoy the moving pictures. I mean, I picked up a few familiar words here and there, but I am by no means fluent in Japanese and most of the dialogue was lost to me. Given all that, I must admit the art was gorgeous.

According to the latest official announcement, the 3 meter Andromeda model will be exhibited at Shizuoka Hobby Show in May. Its scale is 1/ 135, approximately 10 feet.

It will be held from the 11th to 14th and it is a official one, so that exhibited for all days.

Well, I am so sorry but I won't go there this year...

7 hours ago, antibiotictab said:

According to the latest official announcement, the 3 meter Andromeda model will be exhibited at Shizuoka Hobby Show in May. Its scale is 1/ 135, approximately 10 feet.

It will be held from the 11th to 14th and it is a official one, so that exhibited for all days.

Well, I am so sorry but I won't go there this year...

Will there be an HLJ pre-order in the near future?  Lol...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Thom said:

Cause they don't want fans to enjoy their product.<_<

because they don't care if non-Asian enjoy their product :/

9 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

:blink:

...and still no sighting of Capt Gideon/Adm whats-his-face... I wonder what boat HE drives (if not Andromeda)? I swear, no subs is crime with this product...

It is strange that Hijikata is not on Andromeda but Yanamami is leading the fleet.  I think he will show up somewhere because he is on the Blu-ray cover.  I thought Yanamami would be captain of one of the other Andromeda class ships.  Unless he is and the video is trying to throw us off.

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

On 2017/4/29 at 5:02 AM, TehPW said:

I swear, no subs is crime with this product...

At least Mr. Nishizaki thinks the world-wide release of these series. As I said before, they collaborate with Under Armor to sell their products outside of Japan.

Yeah, IMHO, they have been teasing the foreign fans for a long long time, too. Not teasing, now torturing.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:07 PM, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

It is strange that Hijikata is not on Andromeda but Yanamami is leading the fleet.  I think he will show up somewhere because he is on the Blu-ray cover.  I thought Yanamami would be captain of one of the other Andromeda class ships.  Unless he is and the video is trying to throw us off.

Hijikata is probably cruising around on some vessel that will dwarf the Andromeda in power and dramatic effect, to be seen later in the story.