What stadium lights? :ph34r:

But yeah, I like it too. I'm looking forward on that 'interchageable' pods that Kawamori mentioned from the YF-30 interviews. ;) The only thing I really don't like is the wing backpack and the colors. There's no white/tan, red, and black configuration. :unsure:

I assume the missile bay remind some people of a light array in a sports stadium.

Edited by Scyla

I'm guessing that slab-like part on the side of the forearm may well be the ammo magazine for the arm gun. Certainly seems thick enough.

Small addition to this point, but the hands also tuck into the wing just behind the arm slabs. In the underside pics you can see the back of the hand just aft of the slab, most likely with the wrist slightly telescoping back into the forearm like on the VF-0 toys. No more fancy covers flipping out from the lower legs.

Small addition to this point, but the hands also tuck into the wing just behind the arm slabs. In the underside pics you can see the back of the hand just aft of the slab, most likely with the wrist slightly telescoping back into the forearm like on the VF-0 toys. No more fancy covers flipping out from the lower legs.

I am unsure what you're trying to clarify.

Think it's just a general change to the old YF-30 design. Instead of hiding the hands under pop-out covers on the sides of the legs, it looks like they're completely integrated into the underside of the wing. While I hated how un-streamlined those hand covers were in fighter mode on the YF-30, it also may be why the arms are so skinny on the 31.

Think it's just a general change to the old YF-30 design. Instead of hiding the hands under pop-out covers on the sides of the legs, it looks like they're completely integrated into the underside of the wing. While I hated how un-streamlined those hand covers were in fighter mode on the YF-30, it also may be why the arms are so skinny on the 31.

Huh, I guess I mever noticed that difference when looking at these photos.

I'm surprised I didn't notice this given I kept wondering how the hands were going to tuck in under those missile pallets. lol

I did have a second look and I don't think the hands will have those VF-0's telescopic thing for the hands. If you look closely on the hand/wrist on the right, it has like a gap on the right area that somehow suggests that the hands is folded from the wrist joint towards on the forearm's right side. Or something to that effect.

post-5552-0-57964500-1447704654_thumb.jpg

I think the hand end up in the under side of the wing along with the slab on the arm. When you look at the underside of the wing in the Gerwalk picture, the cut out isn't the same shape as the slab; there's room for something else in addition to the slab.

I appreciate them for trying out some different paint schemes but there isn't one that really grabs me as awesome so far. May need to see them in action first.

I am with you, I am digging the design, just not loving the paint schemes.

I'm happy it doesn't need a separate gunpod anymore. I was kinda getting tired of tucking gunpods in on the underside of fighter modes.

Having an underbelly stored gunpod also detracts from the sleekness of the bottom.

I agree that the gunpod detracts slightly from the fighter mode, but in battroid having a meaty gunpod looks awesome compared to these puny things.I'll take the gunpod anyday.

I like how well integrated those arms are in fighter, rather than being conformal protrusions under the wings like the -21 and -30.

Those forearm guns do seem kinda smallish, though...not quite the same visual impact as a handheld gunpod. Just the same, I like integration, so having these as part of the arm makes me happy.

After all these years, I'm surprised Kawamori has never revisited the original Transformers seeker arm design, where they form part of the fuselage behind the cockpit. I've always thought that a brilliant placement where the arms are part of the transformation rather than being tucked away out of sight, or just tabbed in along the fuselage under the wing. Takara did a nice job of this with ROTF Breakaway; too bad the legs weren't as smoothly done.

Even though there are those built in arm gunpods it still has the basic 30 design. Surely a real gunpod can be mounted underside for more firepower. Besides, at the end of the trailer for Delta there's clearly a gunpod in the 31's hand after it transforms too.

I'm very excited for this release, I really like Fighter and Gerwalk modes.

Gotta ask: bright white with red, blue, yellow, and green stripes (SDF's VF-1s), and then Max and Millia's bright blue and red ones, AREN'T airshow paint jobs?

Just saying, there's definitely precedent for Macross warplanes to be painted that way, it's not just the 31s.

Edited by Sildani

Gotta ask also: Is Mylene's valk has an airshow paint job too? :rolleyes:

But on a serious note, this VF-31 Siegfried is more in line with the Angel Birds. And yeah, you're right, those are airshow colors. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Gotta ask: bright white with red, blue, yellow, and green stripes (SDF's VF-1s), and then Max and Millia's bright blue and red ones, AREN'T airshow paint jobs?

Just saying, there's definitely precedent for Macross warplanes to be painted that way, it's not just the 31s.

You're correct and not. While the actual combination of colors would imply airshow the actual execution did not reflect that. The way the 31's liveries are designed, plus the addition of red swoops on the white and blue, certainly does give a hot rod sort of vibe.

No theyre far from airshow colors..

hint : Power Rangers (Red, Black, Blue, Green, Yellow).

Imagine all 5 valks combine to make a gigantic super sentai valk, fighting flower-like alien species.

Ugh my head hurts...

Careful. That's the Hoary Froating Head mining your head for ideas. Edited by Sildani

You could say that M & M's Blue and Red are definitely outlandish, but they don't really feel airshow gaudy. YF-21 is solid blue but it never bothered me. The Red does a bit, which is why I only own Max's valks but they were an exception, Red Baron ace kind of feel. It's the wild pattern that bugs me. even the poster we have been shown feels like an airshow poster. It's the crazy paint jobs. While they always had color variations I always saw it a identification markers on an overall solid scheme.

No theyre far from airshow colors..

hint : Power Rangers (Red, Black, Blue, Green, Yellow).

Imagine all 5 valks combine to make a gigantic super sentai valk, fighting flower-like alien species.

Ugh my head hurts...

lol, no no no, they are sponsored by college football teams. The green and orange one is the Miami Hurricanes, the blue and gold 262 is Notre Dame.... they would be followed by small clamshell ships filled with bleachers and the college marching bands blasting music that somehow still travels through the vacuum of space through speaker missles... Edited by Blue Meanie