Only badass peeps that shoot down/dodge the Itano circus/ghosts or have the passing flyby can have them. Radar dished, battle damaged and new member valks get none. J/K. Like someone said, maybe they'll get there own later. I wonder if that reaper symbol plays a part in the series as the Draken ace seems to know what it is?

Edited by wmkjr

Of course we don't know abt the weapon loadouts yet so that may change preferences.

Would any super packs be more like M7 sound speaker-ish or frontier super/tornado....

Absolutely---I'm hoping for distinct weapon pods for each valk, or at least like 2 different types split across the squadron. That would add some more distinction to each valk, beyond paint. (kind of like only Luca's had drones, only Michael's had a sniper rifle, etc)

Absolutely---I'm hoping for distinct weapon pods for each valk, or at least like 2 different types split across the squadron. That would add some more distinction to each valk, beyond paint. (kind of like only Luca's had drones, only Michael's had a sniper rifle, etc)

As I stated previously in the NYE talkback thread...........

I think the current pod is not just a recharge system for the boomerangs, but also an ejectable gunpod or beamgunpod.

Note when deployed the pod splits into two sections, the boxy structure on the right being the wireless recharge system for the boomerangs.

However, the long part on the left looks like some sort of gunpod. If you look at the attached pics there seems to be some sort of pistol grip, which I've marked with an arrow.

I'm guessing it's some sort of heavy beam cannon that can be fired when the pod is extended and perhaps the gunpod can be ejected into the hand of the VF-31.

This would seem to be born out by the Figure-Oh magazine cover.

Graham

post-11-0-44041900-1451900742_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-35541900-1451900763_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-11701700-1451900822_thumb.jpg

the transformation of the delta 05 - vf31 at the end of the delta trailer also reveals a gunpod like shape in the valks right hand after transformation to battroid. This suggests that both the 04 and 05 would have the gunpod as part of their pod system.

post-15116-0-60091600-1451906962_thumb.jpg

Whether or not this is the default system when the walkure are in field(due to the valks supporting them) remains to be seen.

So far the other pod seems to be an energizer. However i wont be surprised if there is a sound speaker or similar function mounted on one of the valks! After all they are staging a concert! So which valk would it be on...lol...

Edited by seti88

Yes bring on the new ghosts, drones and sniper rifle! Tho frontier's rifle is pretty hard to beat design wise.

Also looking forward for any reactive armor or what they can come up with for a super valk!

I think Bandai requested to have many many different VF-31 containers from the show creators. Just so that they can sell many many different add-on sets. :D

I just hope they dont go p-bandai and sell recolors of different containers as well!

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, so far favorite vf-31 :wub:

Delta 01

• Kaneda's Bike
  • Seti88
  • Scyla

Delta 02

• Raptor One
  • Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  • Graham

Delta 04

• davidwhangchoi
  • mod David
  • Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)

chyll2: delta's 1,2,3,4 tie

doesn't like delta 5

i guess Delta 03 is no man's land :lol:

Graham likes D03

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I haven't seen those - thanks!!!

Hope they add clear plastic bits to the forward red sensors and the purple (fold?) crystals. Hope they open up the back of the legs for those drones. Hope they tampo all the markings on (that's a lot of paint app).

Can't wait!

That looks like a resin/printed proto, entirely hand-painted and decaled. It's a long way off from molded-in-color-plastic with tampo. All the parts that will be clear, aren't yet. (asides from the canopy, which is probably a reused -25/29 part)

ok, so far favorite vf-31 :wub:

Delta 01

Kaneda's Bike

Seti88

Delta 02

Raptor One

Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)

Delta 04

davidwhangchoi

mod David

Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)

chyll2: delta's 1,2,3,4 tie

doesn't like delta 5

i guess Delta 03 is no man's land :lol:

I think my favorite is Delta 01 and I really like Delta 04.

I don't like the head turret on Delta 02 but dig the one on Delta 05.

I'm indifferent about Delta 03 (the radome version right?) But I think a yellow Valkyrie is a worthwhile derivation. In general I think all the new paint schemes are appealing after we go the DYRL Skull Squadron homages with Frontier.

Delta 05 needs something that breaks up the sea of gray in the afterward fuselage.

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think my favorite is Delta 01 and I really like Delta 04.

I don't like the head turret on Delta 02 but dig the one on Delta 05.

I'm indifferent about Delta 03 (the radome version right?) But I think a yellow Valkyrie is a worthwhile derivation. In general I think all the new paint schemes are appealing after we go the DYRL Skull Squadron homages with Frontier.

Delta 05 needs something that breaks up the sea of gray in the afterward fuselage.

on nice! one more for Delta 1 added you to the list! will bump list when we start a new page :p

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The walkure factor......

example post-15116-0-36871400-1451967377.jpg

imagine the possibilities of toy display!! Did @Saburo influence kawamori in any way? :D

Sorry for the ramble....

btw I thk its nice of david to summarise the fan fav's so far...altho i think it would be difficult to track once the series get started, cos tastes may change depending on events in the show...

which will become the hottest vf31 valk around..or it may end up all of them are similarly hot or not :p

ummm MACROSS NEXT TOP MODEL! MNTM! :lol::lol::lol::lol: judged by MWer's!!!

arggh am rambling even more...blame the VAR syndrome :p:p

My favorites in order (Best to worst) are:

D02 - Really like the subdued colors and the Grim Reaper emblem. Not really digging the head turret though. Toy will be displayed in fighter mode.

D03 - I'm a sucker for radome VFs. Toy will be displayed in fighter mode with radome open and with the wing FAST packs attached (if we get them).

D05 - Love the head design. Overall color scheme is not bad apart from the red, wish they'd lose that. Toy will probably be displayed in fighter mode.

D01 - Love the head and the emblem, but not really a huge fan of the overall color scheme. Toy will probably be displayed in battroid mode.

D04 - Despite it being Mirage's VF, I really don't like the purple color scheme. I may not buy this one.

It would be nice if somebody would be kind enough to post screen caps of each delta valkyrie for comparison purposes.

What are you comparing?

attachicon.gifvf31_batt.jpgattachicon.gifvf31_gerw.jpgattachicon.gifwalkure_valks.jpg

just bits and pieces here and there on the three modes minus 05 of course...

Barurutor probably wants to see each 31 differences with each other by comparing colors, heads, details, or decals. Because there's no 'clear' shot of each 31 besides the blue one that we've seen since the Delta debut. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

My favorites in order (Best to worst) are:

D02 - Really like the subdued colors and the Grim Reaper emblem. Not really digging the head turret though. Toy will be displayed in fighter mode.

D03 - I'm a sucker for radome VFs. Toy will be displayed in fighter mode with radome open and with the wing FAST packs attached (if we get them).

D05 - Love the head design. Overall color scheme is not bad apart from the red, wish they'd lose that. Toy will probably be displayed in fighter mode.

D01 - Love the head and the emblem, but not really a huge fan of the overall color scheme. Toy will probably be displayed in battroid mode.

D04 - Despite it being Mirage's VF, I really don't like the purple color scheme. I may not buy this one.

updated list,

wow, you put D03 pretty high on your list :lol:

Still haven't been keeping up with which one is which, but liking the blue one in all the toy pics. Shame the PO will be so elusive...that's what bums most of us out the most!

Sorry if this has been asked, but could someone kindly tell me which Delta number is which valk, preferably just by colour? Thanks :)

I'm in for the D01 cos i'm a leader valk guy but kinda disliking the colour scheme; and D03 cos it's yellow and the retractable radome catches my attention but it's not my orthodox choice.

Meanwhile, i'm on the fence on D02, D04 and D05 until i see how they go further down the series.

post-13484-0-25705900-1451981895_thumb.jpg

post-13484-0-82131400-1451981914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andy NYK

Still haven't been keeping up with which one is which, but liking the blue one in all the toy pics. Shame the PO will be so elusive...that's what bums most of us out the most!

Sorry if this has been asked, but could someone kindly tell me which Delta number is which valk, preferably just by colour? Thanks :)

01 = Red Stripe with skull emblem

02 = Death Reaper emblem the one that kind-of low viz

03 = yellow with radome

04 = I dont know what color is that (I am bad with the color, violet, purples and anything that is a mixture of red and blue)

Due to space limitation and the strong suspicion that I will not enjoy Delta that much, I've decided to buy only two each of the main valks. Going by colors, the blue and red VF-31 (Delta 5?) in all the pics is growing on me. I also like the grey (Delta 1, right?) and the green. A yellow one would be a novelty, but I'm not sure I want a recon variant as my only other one.

But character matters to me, and I get that this Mirage character (whoever that was, it was so damn many characters introduced in that messy episode) may end up be very important, maybe even part of the main love triangle... But I just don't like her purple valk - purple is usually reserved for the bad guys in Macross. That's a bit of a dilemma. But since the characters seem to mostly be generic anime clichés again, maybe the character angle will not be that important to me in the end. I have to see more of the show and also consider what kind of packs and what not is introduced before I make any final decision.

What are you comparing?

walkure_valks.jpg

just bits and pieces here and there on the three modes minus 05 of course...

thanks for posting those shots.

right now my preference is (subject to change after closer scrutiny of the episode in 1080p)

delta 01

delta 02 tied with delta 03 (it's gold!)

delta 04

hopefully 04 will have some awesome feature to distinguish itself besides being piloted by a Jenius.

re: D03's wing packs. They didn't seem to be "color-coordinated", so that's actually a good thing---it means if they make them, they should work on any -31.

true it shld fit the others, perhaps a reason to get the D03 is for the accesories it comes with...

Probably an indication as well, where future super/strike/tornado packs would sit.

Seems quite a weight sitting on the wing tips tho....

thanks for posting those shots.

right now my preference is (subject to change after closer scrutiny of the episode in 1080p)

delta 01

delta 02 tied with delta 03 (it's gold!)

delta 04

hopefully 04 will have some awesome feature to distinguish itself besides being piloted by a Jenius.

No probs, now you know what to save up for :lol: