Guest davidwhangchoi

Same, but insofar what we've seen, my preference is 02 as it's the closest.

seems that's the most popular competing with delta 01 list updated.

so far favorite VF-31 :wub:

• delta 02 is in the lead for favorite valks
  • delta 01 fell behind
  • nobody has delta 05 abbadon chose delta 05 as his favorite!

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Ignacio Ocamica
  8. Shukenzero
  9. Spanner76
  10. valhary
  11. sandman
  12. Dio

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. Moosey
  10. raptormesh
  11. akteon
  12. NZEOD
  13. RocketGTR

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

1. Major Focker

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub

Delta 05 -pilot** Hayate Immelmann

1. abbadon :o:)

will update once @ 12am daily and bump when we hit a new page

* may be subject to change :p

**not seen yet in anime

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Still better than the YF-29

Oh, for sure. I don't think there's anything that'll keep me from hating four-engine designs like the 27/29's "Let's slap some bricks into these wings!" design. The SV-262 had me worried until those "engines" broke away and became attack drones.

Oh, for sure. I don't think there's anything that'll keep me from hating four-engine designs like the 27/29's "Let's slap some bricks into these wings!" design. The SV-262 had me worried until those "engines" broke away and became attack drones.

what's with the mid wing engine nacelle hate?

post-4286-0-09370800-1452225068_thumb.jpg

Put me down for Delta 01 as my favorite pick. Second favorite is 04, and availability will decide which 1 VF-31 I pick up.

Thankfully, the SV-262 toys will be much easier to choose between as far as color schemes.

Is the VF-4 a four-engine fighter? (No, seriously, is it? I've never looked into its backstory.) Either way, I think the fact that we don't see many fighters with more than two engines (if we see any at all) plays a role in my distaste. Four main engines, placed the way they are, makes the 27/29 look like they're trying too hard, or compensating for something. Which they're not, obviously, because they're just fictional airplanes, but still, that's the impression I get.

It's a very irrational dislike, I'll admit. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'll take Delta 05! :)

Put me down for Delta 01 as my favorite pick. Second favorite is 04, and availability will decide which 1 VF-31 I pick up.

Thankfully, the SV-262 toys will be much easier to choose between as far as color schemes.

updated!

wow! abbadon voted for delta 05 horaay! :D

Put my on Delta 01's list as the tie breaker.

updated!

wow! abbadon voted for delta 05 horaay! :D

Hehe. I mostly collect main hero valks, assuming Hayate IS main character and pilot of Delta 05.

But who am I kidding. Given the chance, I'd get them all! :wub:

maybe abbadon knows something we dont ^_^

Not really. :D

Edited by abbadon

Is the VF-4 a four-engine fighter? (No, seriously, is it? I've never looked into its backstory.) Either way, I think the fact that we don't see many fighters with more than two engines (if we see any at all) plays a role in my distaste. Four main engines, placed the way they are, makes the 27/29 look like they're trying too hard, or compensating for something. Which they're not, obviously, because they're just fictional airplanes, but still, that's the impression I get.

It's a very irrational dislike, I'll admit. :D

The two flat exhausts between the nacelles and fuselage are ramjets I believe. Let's not forget as well the rocket engine nozzles built into the nacelles. So the VF-4 is, at minimum, a SIX engined fighter.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Late to the voting, but here's my take:

1. Delta 02

2. Delta 01

3. Delta 05

4. Delta 04

5. Delta 03

gotcha both

So far I choose Delta 4, the purple one... Just because of the idol associated with it... pony tails... big pony tails. :wub:

awe yeah! delta 04 love :wub:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I am hoping for flightsuit Makina. Combined with flightsuit Mirage, that may make a few more Delta 04 fans.

yea! can't wait for the episodes to start airing Mirage will start winning people over :wub:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Black Delta 02

I'll drop my two cents in and if I had to choose I'd probably pick the Delta 02

updated the list with your picks.

looks like Messer's Delta 02 is the current champ of favorite VF-31 on macross world :)

But in the preview episode you don't see Delta 3 exchanging the pods. In one scene the idols are dancing on the radar dish and in the next the Valkyrie takes off with the radome stored away. I can see that from a toy perspective you have two different parts for the sake of anime accuracy (for example the transformable hands on some of the SoC figures) but since it is Kawamori who is designing the mecha I would assume that there is an transformation laid out for it. Especially since we see the boomerang recharge container transforms in an accurate way.

Given the round shape of the radome it probably won't transform in an rectangular container but I could seem it folding up into a somewhat rectangular shape that results in a smooth aft fuselage.

I've looked up some of the images of the VF-31 prototype. Since it was speculated in the SV-262 thread about the VF-31 not having landing gear I found this image:

post-18307-0-35853900-1452690397_thumb.jpg

You can see that the panel lines for the landing gear doors are present but not as fully fledged bay doors. This, to me, is an indication that the prototype is a very early stage and more of a statue than a transformable toy. I think the next image is also an indication for this:

post-18307-0-89082000-1452690395_thumb.jpg

The arrows point to areas that don't look like I assume they would on a finished product. To me they look more than stuff that is cut out of a block of polystone or printed with a 3D printer and than smoothed out. Maybe someone with more experience might chime in. In the image you also see some working hinges and joints (look at the hips) which could be used as a counter argument. I believe they might be in place because they used parts of the YF-31 to create this model and thus having hinges and joints. In addition the GERWALK-joint looks to me more like a simple swivel and an extending joint like it would be present on the finished product.

Of course I could be wrong but that is the impression I got from the toy.

The lines below the cockpit seem more like panel-lining rather than an actual hatch.

The area in concern was more towards the legs where traditionally the wheel bays are, and are pretty much obvious in battroid mode.

Am not sure how old those picture shots where but referencing

1. the last akiba dsiplay

and

2. the promo shots in the mag, http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43115&page=14

I dont see much hatches anywhere. Maybe its well concealed, kudos to bandai.

And also if it is still a prototype, it sure is a good looking one!

Otherwise....hmmm... :huh: