something else I just realized that makes me want this even more but also makes me kind of sad: this is probebly the closest were going to get to a 1/60 scale VF-19ACTIVE

c2011010.jpg

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. I'm guessing the research data from the ACTIVE went towards this valk.

I don't see how Bandai can resist such a milk heavy property as Macross R though, the VF-19 repaints alone! Still hoping for an OVA eventually

Edited by Raptor One

I love the look of the craft, but I don't know if I can get over the AKB48 turns Macross squadron thingamajig.

I think I may end up like.... forgetting about Macross Delta's story completely, buy the cheapest (aka the "luka") of the VF-31's and then go crazy with my airbrush and the inevitable copy of VF-31 Master File.

I will then put some of my spare CF-171 pilots on the cockpits and imagine I never saw Macross Delta (if it ends up being what I think it will end up as....)

I wouldn't expect that prototype to look anything like the final product, it looks barely half finished. Looks like a quick paint-up using 3D printed components, and possibly chunks of previous valks. Those arms really are tiny though.. like, skinny little stick arms. The only thing giving them any bulk is the chunk of wing attached to them.

The final version will probably be very different, and include the hardpoints and features that everyone has come to expect.

As far as the missing pod goes though, I'm actually expecting something a little different than the helicopter one on the YF-30. Watching the trailer, and the silhouette from the battroid at the end, it looked more like the pod flipped around, extended, and possibly split into two over-the-shoulder cannons, which is a huge improvement over the stadium light mount.

Aside from that though, as much as I like the VF-31 overall, I wish they would just ditch the stupid pod system. I don't know if it's just lazy, or what, but the implementation as of now looks like ass.

post-907-0-06595100-1446163262.jpg

It really looks like they just jammed that pod in there without a second thought to even trying to blend it into the design. I took a look at the teaser poster from a couple months back, and it looked nothing like that, completely smooth like the YF-30.. maybe it was just early concept art?

Edited by Chronocidal

I think I agree with your earlier assessment that it looks like the back of the YF-29 with the gun deployed. I'm guessing it's designed to fit something else over the top of the gap.

Can you say super/armour/speaker parts?! :p

Honestly I think this is an early sample of the toy myself. If you look at the chest and nose, the areas that should have clear plastic parts are just painted in (Hoping they don't cheap out and go that route).

I personally like the tonfa style guns built in to the arm. I am getting a YF/VF-19 meets YF-30 vibe off of this valk in fighter mode.

Honestly I think this is an early sample of the toy myself. If you look at the chest and nose, the areas that should have clear plastic parts are just painted in

Definitely, when you look at the fighter mode example from below the nose, it's clear this isn't a transforming toy yet. Some of the joint lines are merely lines at this stage.

I'm a bit disappointed that the translation of the official site spec says the arm cannons are shell firing, not beam guns.

Now I've nothing against shell firing cannons, in fact I personally think they are cooler than beam weapons.

But in the context of Macross weapons technology development, this seems to be a technological step backwards to go back to using shell firing cannons, as for the VF-27, YF-29 and YF-30, reliable rapid fire beam-gunpods had beam developed and replaced standard shell firing gunpods.

Also, on the VF-31, the arm guns are only single barrel, so will have a slower rate of fire than multi-barrel gunpods, this reducing their effectiveness in fast moving aerial combat.

Secondly, as seen from the attached picture, the arm gun pods are pretty small and this will lack space to carry much ammunition, so will run dry quickly.

post-11-0-67741200-1446173182_thumb.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed that the translation of the official site spec says the arm cannons are shell firing, not beam guns.

Now I've nothing against shell firing cannons, in fact I personally think they are cooler than beam weapons.

But in the context of Macross weapons technology development, this seems to be a technological step backwards to go back to using shell firing cannons, as for the VF-27, YF-29 and YF-30, reliable rapid fire beam-gunpods had beam developed and replaced standard shell firing gunpods.

Also, on the VF-31, the arm guns are only single barrel, so will have a slower rate of fire than multi-barrel gunpods, this reducing their effectiveness in fast moving aerial combat.

Secondly, as seen from the attached picture, the arm gun pods are pretty small and this will lack space to carry much ammunition, so will run dry quickly.

That gives Bandai the option to sell us the weapons pack. :lol:

I'm guessing they'll be including super/armored parts in the show for extra firepower but that also depends on the whether its for space or atmospheric use.

Yeah, I want them to be beam weapons too, and double up as beam swords for close combat.

Sort of like this.

607900-marisbrood.jpg

well they could be energy enriched projectiles!?!? yeah ok so im talking out my arse with that one.. yeah is a little strange they chose that approach. Yes its like they are going backwards a bit. I don't see how projectile weaponry would have any advantage over an energy weapon..? And then them being only a single barrel also is kinda silly.. much lower firing rate and not to mention the heat management issue.. and yes the ammunition storage issue! Again it makes far more sense to draw energy from the main engines to power the weapons thus eliminating the need for ammo storage..

I don't play around with my Valks very much but if or when I do then im just gonna pretend that they are energy weapons instead! its just as easy to make laser sounds with your mouth as it is conventional gun sounds! :p:D

I wonder if they took the weapon pod off the display Battroid, to hide the fact that it is actually a Sound Booster.......Hahaha

Listen to my song!

I thought they said the Valkyrie girls are not actually pilots? They're there to support the pilots by blowing their ear drum singing in the back seat. :lol:

I wonder if they took the weapon pod off the display Battroid, to hide the fact that it is actually a Sound Booster.......Hahaha

Listen to my song!

nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:wacko::unsure::(

we.just.don't.need.another.sound.booster.valkyrie.damn.it.

That's not even funny Graham.. you shouldn't joke like that or give them any ideas they simply don't need! ;):p:lol:

Funny question, what were the hip guns on the VF-25? I know the ones on the VF-19 were supposed to be lasers, but it's getting hard to tell the difference in this universe.

And even if the arm cannons are projectile weapons, I still bet they'll have a gunpod of some sort to carry around. Otherwise, you can't have those cool sakurahime poses! :p

Storage case for a battorid sized musical instruments perhaps? LOL

oh dear god I can see it now..

wait guys let make love not war! then out comes the valkyrie sized guitar, keyboard and drum set.. then lame arse music and valk dancing begins.. kill me now. :wacko:

Edited by spanner76

oh dear god I can see it now..

wait guys let make love not war! then out comes the valkyrie sized guitar, keyboard and drum set.. then lame arse music and valk dancing begins.. kill me now. :wacko:

Not sure it would even be legal given those Delta girls' apparent character-design, uhmm, age...

:5:

Edited by treatment

Looking at the picture of the VF-31, it appears to have fold quartz on the fuselage in fighter, on either side of the head turret. Didn't someone say that there was no more fold Quartz? Maybe I'm wrong, but why is it on the Valkyrie?

Twich

Looking at the picture of the VF-31, it appears to have fold quartz on the fuselage in fighter, on either side of the head turret. Didn't someone say that there was no more fold Quartz? Maybe I'm wrong, but why is it on the Valkyrie?

Twich

I forgot who mentioned it. But I remember from what he meant on the Fold Quartz is that on some of the recent DX Valks releases, the Quartz is just 'painted on' instead of using 'clear-colored plastics' on the toy.

I reckon they're gonna play it safe coz, you know, AKB48'ish idols cannot have lovelife and stuff. They must be pure...

Dear lordy, I'm puking my guts already even recalling memes this new Delta anime is gonna hit...

:wacko:

:5:

Wasn't one of their member got caught sleeping around or maybe she was with a boyfriend, and then the girl in question cut off all of her hair and had to publicly apologize to her fans?

Japanese idol business is serious business. :mellow: