Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Thank you for the information no3Ljm, one would figure with so many iconic VF to show from, I know that ppl prefer the original macross VF but I see so many other planes that can be put in Hi-Metal R such as VF-22 , VF-11 , heck I even settle VF-0D or YF-30? How does this line select the model they are going to release ? 

26 minutes ago, Fcdeleon5 said:

Thank you for the information no3Ljm, one would figure with so many iconic VF to show from, I know that ppl prefer the original macross VF but I see so many other planes that can be put in Hi-Metal R such as VF-22 , VF-11 , heck I even settle VF-0D or YF-30? How does this line select the model they are going to release ? 

You’re welcome. As for how they select, they did run a poll a few years ago (the VF-4 and VF-2SS was not included) but beyond that poll voting I’m not sure how they decide.

Not to mention there were still unreleased figures from that poll.

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm in Japan and my Lightning is out for delivery today, so I should have this in a matter of hours.

I'm gonna try my not to destroy it with my clumsy ape-like fingers like I did my YF-19.   Already nervous cause these are smaller and more delicate than the DX.

Once it arrives, I can try to answer questions, take pics, if requested, but keep in my mind what an utter newbie I am with these.  I have dozens of MP TFs but these feel like a very different toy.

Still.....I'm excited!!!

Absolutely beautiful.   I love it.  I'm gonna give it five stars on amazon.

Transformation was complicated, but I took my time, looked at that pictorial review a few pages back, and I got it.  Even for old fumbly fingers like me....I need not remind you what I did to my first Macross toy...

I had ONE sticking point: the chest simply wasn't pegging in.  Everything else was.  So I took another look, and i had the landing gear cover on.  TAKE THAT OFF for Battroid.   As soon as I did, everything snapped in nicely and stayed that way.

This is my first hi-metal, and it's a little small, but man  it's just wonderful.   I still want my beloved YF 19 in this format, despite the fact that the DX is perfect.

The fighter mode for this is amazing.  I guess all those little missiles come off but now way in hell am I gonna pry and lose 6 little missiles.

If you don't look at the fighter mode and feel a horrible pull on your heartstrings, imagining Minmei singing in 2012...well....you might just be a Zentreadi.

OK, if I can get this back to fighter mode with no problems I'm gonna give it the perfect score on amazon.

IlCEXT2.jpg

Here he is with Masterpiece Prowl, SHF Luke Skywalker, and Cobra Commander for a sense of scale.

MVkhrCi.jpg

OK, gonna put it back in Fighter now....I'll take some pics if I manage to not screw up!!

26 minutes ago, onnasake said:

Absolutely beautiful.   I love it.  I'm gonna give it five stars on amazon.

Transformation was complicated, but I took my time, looked at that pictorial review a few pages back, and I got it.  Even for old fumbly fingers like me....I need not remind you what I did to my first Macross toy...

I had ONE sticking point: the chest simply wasn't pegging in.  Everything else was.  So I took another look, and i had the landing gear cover on.  TAKE THAT OFF for Battroid.   As soon as I did, everything snapped in nicely and stayed that way.

This is my first hi-metal, and it's a little small, but man  it's just wonderful.   I still want my beloved YF 19 in this format, despite the fact that the DX is perfect.

The fighter mode for this is amazing.  I guess all those little missiles come off but now way in hell am I gonna pry and lose 6 little missiles.

If you don't look at the fighter mode and feel a horrible pull on your heartstrings, imagining Minmei singing in 2012...well....you might just be a Zentreadi.

OK, if I can get this back to fighter mode with no problems I'm gonna give it the perfect score on amazon.

IlCEXT2.jpg

Here he is with Masterpiece Prowl, SHF Luke Skywalker, and Cobra Commander for a sense of scale.

MVkhrCi.jpg

OK, gonna put it back in Fighter now....I'll take some pics if I manage to not screw up!!

That's legit man. Thank you for letting us know how it feels in hand.

So far, (knock on wood) everything snaps in nice and snug, especially once I figured out to remove the landing gear for Battroid.

Actually, not a bad/intuitive transformation back into Fighter mode....only took me a few minutes and I didn't even need the instructions!  Getting the thigh/arms just right was the hardest part.   This thing is just gorgeous and I love the optional "filler" pieces to make it look more like a model than a transforming toy.  (Not unlike the model Hikaru plays with in the last episode of Macross...hmmm.)

Here's with landing gears and gundpod.  Seems to have just enough clearance.

Tl3Ol2a.jpg

Landing gears with no gunpod:

uF5cf5j.jpg

And on the flight stand with no landing gears, and no gunpod....notice the attachment for the display stand has that open space for the gunpod, so that will always be there.

vDdGl3c.jpg

There were several points in the instructions that say in English"MAY CAUSE PAINT RUBS"...specifically the leg fillers.  I suppose they could damage the red stripe on the thigh.  I was willing to take the risk cause I think they look cool, but others may not.  I guess Bandai wanted to get into pre-emptively ahead of any potential complaints.

@onnasake Congrats on your first HMR.  It’s a beauty.

@Jeremy007 Congrats.  Good price to get it in store in person.

@Gundam@EFSF Nice comparison pics.  I love how all of the different Valkyries look next to each other.

@ScrambledValkyrie No problem.  Your order has also been paid for.  I’ll do this more often if I can in helping people out.

On my 2nd transformation into Battroid I got stuck on the same part.  The rounded top of the chest just does NOT want to peg into the cockpit piece properly.

Well step one is making sure the landing gear cover is off.   Then when everything's lined it, it just takes a bit of massaging of the entire top/back structure to hit the sweet spot so that it's "latched" in and locked.  Once that's done it's totally solid.   I'm sure others can explain it better than me, once it's in hand.

But I started to panic twice now and managed to figure it out, so surely more experienced guys are gonna be able to explain it much better.  No need to panic!

5 hours ago, Gundam@EFSF said:

Just grabbed in HK, around USD 103.... really good!

quick snaps!

2019-03-23-17-11-10.thumb.jpg.7a9266fc539d5e30bf598f1346d09a77.jpg

2019-03-23-16-47-31.thumb.jpg.c55f8c61d69b7660af7312a9cacfd558.jpg

2019-03-23-16-48-59.thumb.jpg.a08dd074f13f02c0b42d1c0393be22c8.jpg

2019-03-23-16-27-52.thumb.jpg.f468931687c17f4f0eb1c7e5ef96849b.jpg

Thanks for the beautiful pics. Where in HK do you go to for shops that carry Macross figures?  I went to 信和 in my recent visit but was rather disappointed. 

BTW $103 US ($800 HKD?) seems like a fairly good price to me. 

Edited by rdrunner

10 minutes ago, kkx said:

Can anyone help with getting one of this? Taking over PO?

Currently available via AmazonJP from seller eおもちゃやさん.

12,769 yen + 1,200 yen Amazon Global Shipping to the United States (DHL usually)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/HI-METAL-超時空要塞マクロス-ライトニングIII-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07K1L79XQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1553355087&sr=8-1&keywords=vf-4

image.png.e87811c4d9f4d804f30c7c47d1dab0b4.png

Note that the 13,791 yen price listed in the screenshot is for Japanese residents since they also pay tax... Your price in the US would be the 12,769 yen

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

12,769 yen + 1,200 yen Amazon Global Shipping to the United States (DHL usually)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/HI-METAL-超時空要塞マクロス-ライトニングIII-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07K1L79XQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1553355087&sr=8-1&keywords=vf-4

Note that the 13,791 yen price listed in the screenshot is for Japanese residents since they also pay tax... Your price in the US would be the 12,769 yen

Just ordered. Thanks.

1/100 Fan Racer

1/100 Fan Liner

HMR VF-1D

HMR VF-1J CF

HMR VF-1J

HMR TV Armored VF-1J

HM TV VF-1S

HMR Spartan

HMR VT-1

HMR DYRL VF-1S

HMR DYRL VF-1A

HMR VF-4

That’s a lot of sweet rides for Hikaru!

Edited by sh9000

24 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

1/100 Fan Racer

1/100 Fan Liner

HMR VF-1D

HMR VF-1J CF

HMR VF-1J

HMR TV Armored VF-1J

HM TV VF-1S

HMR Spartan

HMR VT-1

HMR DYRL VF-1S

HMR DYRL VF-1A

HMR VF-4

That’s a lot of sweet rides for Hikaru!

Plus the pocket of a Zentradi uniform worn by Max's TV VF-1A and the SDF-1,

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I picked one up from this seller. I figure a small markup now is way better than paying through the nose later. 

Screenshot_20190323-132244_Gmail.jpg