Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I think we should go a step further.

1) Retire this thread to the hall of the super topics

2) Create a new thread for HMR VF-1 Toys

3) Create a new thread for HMR SDF Macross Non VF-1 Toys

4) Then Create a final thread for HMR Speculation for other non SDF series that could be renamed once we have a release date of a non SDF Macross toy to whatever that toy is.

I'm super into compartmentalizing though and I know that doesn't work for everyone. If it were up to me, each release would get a new thread... it just makes tracking down information 2 years later so much easier...

I don't think we need so many threads at this stage. Maybe later if we get more releases. Honestly, I think two threads is ok at the moment. If Bandai decide to release more HMR from different Macross series later then we can review and decide then.

I like the thread as is. It makes it easier to get info on upcoming releases and where to find open preorders. Currently there are only vf1 recolors with different heads or accessories, 2 enemy units and one destroid. The non macross series hmr has its own thread in the sci-fi anime area. Maybe when things move along further and teasers turn into preorders, we could do old school Macross hmr, Macross 2 hmr, plus, frontier and whatever. But I'm completely happy with it as is.

Looks like a new brand from Tamashii catering to SDFM

Sep 2015 - VF-1J Armored Valkyrie ¥9,800

Nov 2015 - VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo) ¥8,800

Feb 2016 - Regult ¥6,800

April 2016- VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy Focker) ¥16,390

May 2016- Glaug ¥13,000

Jul 2016 - HWR-00-MKII Monster ¥25,000

Sep 2016 - VF-1A Standard Production Model ¥7,344

Oct 2016 - VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo) ¥9,288

Nov 2016 - VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max Jenius) ¥9,288

Mar 2017 - VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia Jenius) ¥9,690

Apr 2017 - Super Valkyrie Missile Effect Set ¥4,690

From the very first post in this thread.

Seems to have been a very reliable source.

Lets be honest. You want at least one. Get at least one. It took me all of ten minutes of handling my VF-1A CF to go and order a second one.

Its true.

I bought 3 regults cause reasons. Then i bought a two VF1A cause it was cheap enough, then when max was available again i got a second one. Then milias poped, got one but when i catched my second max i said " hey max need his match" so got another.

luckily I'm not as hooked :p these things are expensive for being so tiny. But I like the max and milia. I remember 1/55 cost about half what these cost though. And yeah it would be cool to have a CF sitting nearby my keyboard so if I come across a cheap one maybe..

I've been having so much fun and enjoyment ever since falling in the rabbit hole.

hear hear. I haven't hardly touched my DX's, Yammies or Arcadias in months. I've only briefly handled my new Hi Spec Olson (for me, that's saying a lot!) Most of my time goes into handling HMRs, and those 1/100 Zoid Agressives.