Hi-Metal R

joppewo

It's not just the head, it's a considerably different paint scheme.

L-R: TV VF-1A, TV VF-1J

gjdSxde.jpg

Ever since I first saw Macross SDF in the 80s I've preferred Max's 1A scheme of the two. I've just now begun buying Macross toys thanks to the Hi Metal line, so I'm really hoping they go all out. Seeing as a Kakizaki VF-1A has been pictured, I'd imagine it's more a matter of "when" than "if" we get a TV Max 1A.

Ohhhh. Didn't realize they were so different. Thanks

For reals though.

Well, at least for something near the pre-sale price, as there are a few on eBay which have crossed the 100% markup line.

instead of thinking about pre-sale price, you should probably think more along the line of MSRP.

then there's the double shipping if someone were to let go of their preorder, ship to them, ship to you.

Just wait it out, near releases there has always been preorders opening back up, so you can get it then. :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I'll stick with this scale.

Yeah that's the default scaling diagram from what i have been reading on this thread.

That being said, i do enjoy the smaller VF compared to HMR regult. Point being the VF being the size of an average zentradi, which would fit cramped into a regult.

And especially a regult surrounded by multiple little VF's. Makes the zentradi battle pods seem more menancing somehow.

Nice prisma pics everyone!

Edited by seti88

I never really got the argument that the VF battroid should be the same size as a Zentraedi soldier. The only way it would really make sense is if they thought that battroid mode vehicles would need to infiltrate and operate Zentraedi weaponry. Otherwise, if I told you that you could be any size between 5' and 10' and that you were going to get in a fist fight with a 6' tall guy, you'd probably opt to be closer to 10' right? I think that's what the official scaling reflects.

In the early days of SDFM, I always tot it had to do with the size proportions of the internals of the alien shipwhen originally discovered by humans.

Ie you needed something in scale to explore/operate the internals of the ship, which i imagined where driven by average sized zentradi. Hence battroid=zentradi size :p

However that's just a hunch on my part, and am sure there is a much more detailed discussion on size somewhere here.

That aside, it would be more for aesthetic reasons, so that its a david (with missiles. gunpod) v goliath (giant feet that can stomp you) situation. ^_^

In the early days of SDFM, I always tot it had to do with the size proportions of the internals of the alien shipwhen originally discovered by humans.

Ie you needed something in scale to explore/operate the internals of the ship, which i imagined where driven by average sized zentradi. Hence battroid=zentradi size :p

However that's just a hunch on my part, and am sure there is a much more detailed discussion on size somewhere here.

That aside, it would be more for aesthetic reasons, so that its a david (with missiles. gunpod) v goliath (giant feet that can stomp you) situation. ^_^

Given the issues Hikaru and Minmay ran into in the incomplete sections of the ship while trying to open doors? I'd say it was a sensible precaution. :lol:

VF-1 Battroid height: 12.68 meters

Regult height: 15.12 meters

Did Yamato have it wrong?

The general consensus is that yes, Yamato over-scaled their Regult. I would guess it was because they were actually trying to figure out what size the Regult would need to be based on the supposed dimensions of an average Zentran soldier. That's totally just a guess. Robotech.com used to say that the Battlepod was a hair over 17m so there might be some conflicting information about the true size of the thing too... or maybe Robotech.com was measuring to the top of the lasers rather than the crown.

I vaguely remember that from the tv show, they talked about it on the show I think, when the macross capital ship was discovered it had doors, etc that were giant sized, so the humans made the mecha like the size of the ship

I vaguely remember that from the tv show, they talked about it on the show I think, when the macross capital ship was discovered it had doors, etc that were giant sized, so the humans made the mecha like the size of the ship

also I remember there was an episode where they had a vf walking around inside a zentran ship wearing a soldier uniform. If the vf was not in scale, the other zentrans should have noticed with huge ! above their heads like in metal gear solid. Hehe

also, I doubt the vf was wearing the huge leader zentran's uniform, because the other zentran soldiers didn't acknowledge him.

Edited by beatsing

VF-1J (Hi Metal R 2016) vs Armoured Zentraedi Warrior (Matchbox 1985)

VF-1J = 15 cm

Zentraedi with helmet = 15.5 cm

VF-1J = 15 cm

Zentraedi without helmet = 14.7 cm

VF-1J in gerwalk mode

That's a VF-1S.

Actually, given the sprue marks, fancier gear doors, and size relative to the 1J, I think that's one of the multi-mode Bandai VF-19 kits.

The original Hi-Metal VF-19 Blazers were 1/65, and looked nowhere near as good as that one does.

Edited by Chronocidal

Actually, given the sprue marks, fancier gear doors, and size relative to the 1J, I think that's one of the multi-mode Bandai VF-19 kits.

The original Hi-Metal VF-19 Blazers were 1/65, and looked nowhere near as good as that one does.

yeah, the gear doors and sprue marks were a dead giveaway.

But I 'm sure "mr Bomber" was talking about the original Hi-Metal VF-19S which was also in 1/100.

The 1/65 was the Old Bandai DX.

The best thing about the old Hi-metal VF-19S was that it came with a stand, land gears :rolleyes:, and side missiles, and the price was very nice too.

But with the Hi-metal R reboot, it's price went up by alot

post-2743-0-53524200-1468528811_thumb.jpg

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=3724

Oh, thought for sure I'd seen the old DX Blazers with the "hi-metal" tag at one point or another. Probably a bootleg. :lol:

I did like the Hi-Metal VF-19 design, and picked up the Fire Valk when it went on clearance once, but the colors they picked for the blazer made me want to gag.

I do hope they get around to trying again with the Macross 7 Hi-Metals though, and hopefully incorporating a few features they needed the first time around. Probably the only way anyone's ever going to get a MAXL in any scale.

you are totally right, my bad, to be honest i just saw the top of the valk and thought "need to be tightened, but its a hi metal". The spruce marks give make it quite clear its a model kit.

I stand corrected.

yeah, the gear doors and sprue marks were a dead giveaway.

But I 'm sure "mr Bomber" was talking about the original Hi-Metal VF-19S which was also in 1/100.

The 1/65 was the Old Bandai DX.

thats right, i mean the 1/100 hi metal.

The thing is those figures don't have the giant pointy knees and platform boots that the zentradi soldiers have. so it'll still look like zentradi pilots with no boots on. But I'd like to see what position the legs are in so I can kind of mimic the degrees the knees bend

You could probably get the Half Track with Major Altitude. It's at least got boots and a helmet: http://www.transformerland.com/image/reference_images/48886.jpg or Reverb with Sergeant Detour: http://www.transformerland.com/image/reference_images/48896.jpg

Edited by jodokast

You could probably get the Half Track with Major Altitude. It's at least got boots and a helmet: http://www.transformerland.com/image/reference_images/48886.jpg or Reverb with Sergeant Detour: http://www.transformerland.com/image/reference_images/48896.jpg

Haha! Thanks... I'm not looking for an articulated figure, I just wanted a figure to paint and drop in there for display and photographing.