Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

One thing I noticed in the reviews of Gambit, Hasbro still can’t understand physics.  They arranged Gambits cards like he’s throwing them forehand instead of back.  I mean, it’s possible to do that but he more commonly tosses them back away from his body and not across it.

Love it, @sh9000! :wub:

So, finally got my Bandai DX SV-262Hs, really quite amazed with it!

Twich

added pic with my other DX VF-19Advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by twich
New pic added

Took a LONG time to get here, but I'm very pleased with this.pOfxV1w1.thumb.jpg.fe7442bb31548c8a13afa6105a71c21f.jpg

1 hour ago, Zx31 said:

Took a LONG time to get here, but I'm very pleased with this.pOfxV1w1.thumb.jpg.fe7442bb31548c8a13afa6105a71c21f.jpg

It's a lovely figure, very well made and with good crisp paint apps.

Just wish mine hadn't shown up missing the head.

Apparently I am blind, finally found the head after pulling everything out of the tray.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's a lovely figure, very well made and with good crisp paint apps.

Just wish mine hadn't shown up missing the head.

Just a slight oversight. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just a slight oversight. 

Looked up an unboxing video, dumpted out the tray, and finally found the head.

D'oh:blink:

Yeah, it was nice of them to put everything in those soft plastic bags, but easy to miss the head if you didn't dig them all out.

The bits are so sharp by the time it got to me the knees and a few other bits had poked holes in their respective covers.

Thankfully the tray and plastic cover are well fit to the figure.

39 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ah, well that's good.

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

lol, it happens, glad it was there.

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

lol, it happens, glad it was there.

Something similar happened to me.  I bought a VF-22 Miria from YJA, and the antenna was missing when it arrived.  I ordered a shapeways replacement for it, but that didn't fit well at all, and I was quite bummed about the whole experience.

It wasn't until almost a year later when I decided to take the gunpod out of the tray, when I saw the white antenna sitting right underneath.  Let me just say it was a really pleasant surprise (and my stupid mistake to have missed it), as the VF-22 looks incomplete without it.

Got a Corgi Predator Ju-87G-1 “Kanonenvogel” off eBay for $38 shipped. It’s an excellent model for a steal!

1242CE4E-997D-49BF-8F24-0B58C61F0309.jpeg

For anyone getting Marvel Legends Jubilee, be careful not to lose the pairs of glasses that are included separately.  She comes packaged with one right behind the other in the tray.  I was fortunate to have noticed without any getting lost.

Just my first post here on these boards, but I've been lurking for quite a long while ever since I accidentally got hooked on the first valk purchase sometime ago and went straight deep, deep down the rabbit hole.. :p

Currently, am just sort of trawling through & acquiring the varied valk representations of different eras.. the older Yamato 1/48s, Yamato 1/60s, Frontier 1/60 renewals, to the current HMRs, DX Chogokins and Arcadia valks.

One of more recent acquisitions were from apparently the much maligned Bandai's VF100 range, but thanks to Jenius's invaluable web site resource, I've managed to identify the VF100 Fighter-only VF-25F & VF25S with their special metallic paint. I gotta say despite the lightweight feel, the paint app and tampos just fantastic!

Pics below (I wish I have the photography skills of some of the more esteemed members & enablers here to better highlight the metallic paint).

93Le4dK.jpg

WLGwaBZ.jpg

7 minutes ago, MKT said:

Just my first post here on these boards, but I've been lurking for quite a long while ever since I accidentally got hooked on the first valk purchase sometime ago and went straight deep, deep down the rabbit hole.. :p

Currently, am just sort of trawling through & acquiring the varied valk representations of different eras.. the older Yamato 1/48s, Yamato 1/60s, Frontier 1/60 renewals, to the current HMRs, DX Chogokins and Arcadia valks.

One of more recent acquisitions were from apparently the much maligned Bandai's VF100 range, but thanks to Jenius's invaluable web site resource, I've managed to identify the VF100 Fighter-only VF-25F & VF25S with their special metallic paint. I gotta say despite the lightweight feel, the paint app and tampos just fantastic!

Pics below (I wish I have the photography skills of some of the more esteemed members & enablers here to better highlight the metallic paint).

93Le4dK.jpg

WLGwaBZ.jpg

Nice finds and welcome! Look forward to seeing more of your collection.

This puts an end to a crazy week of toys :lol: I think I got new figures every day :blink:

New Purchase 05/03/2019 New Purchase 05/03/2019

64C5677D-8CD3-4F4D-A2BD-03C463AFC88F.thumb.jpeg.f90be902aa37c3fa83b5beb587514b14.jpeg

I want to try this setup or something similar with my Marvel Legends X-Men.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

64C5677D-8CD3-4F4D-A2BD-03C463AFC88F.thumb.jpeg.f90be902aa37c3fa83b5beb587514b14.jpeg

I want to try this setup or something similar with my Marvel Legends X-Men.

Ah the Jim Lee era of Marvel. Good times. 

Edited by Alphahorizon

On 5/1/2019 at 12:31 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Sweet pick-up!  They are awesome.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, sh9000 said:

Congrats.

Thanks guys. I now know what I have been missing out on. The Glaug has a little paint scratch just under the rear of the right leg joint, otherwise both units are in very good condition. 

3388FAE6-7C7B-40F0-A926-15EECDB087C7.jpeg

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks guys. I now know what I have been missing out on. The Glaug has a little paint scratch just under the rear of the right leg joint, otherwise both units are in very good condition. 

Very nice. The regult is probably my favorite HMR release. 

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

This puts an end to a crazy week of toys :lol: I think I got new figures every day :blink:

New Purchase 05/03/2019 New Purchase 05/03/2019

How much was that IM2 War Machine?

12 hours ago, Sildani said:

Got a Corgi Predator Ju-87G-1 “Kanonenvogel” off eBay for $38 shipped. It’s an excellent model for a steal!

1242CE4E-997D-49BF-8F24-0B58C61F0309.jpeg

WOW. very nice.

2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Controversial post ahead.....

I loved Jim Lee, Mcfarlane etc when they started out. Their style was realistic, artsy and layouts were gorgeous.
But then it became all abt the same poses and art style. 

I do acknowledge Jim Lee's contribution to the xmen.

For me artists were the best when the good writers took precedent.
Chris claremont era was the best for me, when cockrum, bryne, leonardi, romita, simonson and countless other (BWS!) rotated in and out of the xmen.

Edited by seti88

23 minutes ago, seti88 said:

For me artists were the best when the good writers took precedent.
Chris claremont era was the best for me, when cockrum, bryne, leonardi, romita, simonson and countless other (BWS!) rotated in and out of the xmen.

Jim Lee was part of Claremonts run too, though.

Ah yes, but an underlying sentiment that indirectly caused claremont to exit, as art took precedent.
Eye candy like that took time to draw, and claremont got frustrated at the pace of work/storyline slowed down to give priority to artists instead.

That seemed to be a reason, tho i wasnt following much after that...

Edited by seti88

13 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Ah yes, but an underlying sentiment that indirectly caused claremont to exit, as art took precedent.
Eye candy like that took time to draw, and claremont got frustrated at the pace of work/storyline slowed down to give priority to artists instead.

That seemed to be a reason, tho i wasnt following much after that...

Given Claremonts plans for the X-Men I'm glad they bumped him out.  His story ideas into the 90's were not good IMO.

8 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

I love the art.

8 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Looks good.  Maybe not as articulated but in my opinion the old school “Powered Armor” goes well with them as well.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

A glorious haul today, indeed!

8AEDB14C-49EE-4D7E-B937-9E1A25BD2B45.thumb.jpeg.10c1a1ae7a679683b1a185cda3c6c6ec.jpeg

Solid wave.

9 hours ago, Mommar said:

How much was that IM2 War Machine?

About $110 after shipping... got it along with that Eva Revoltech

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

About $110 after shipping... got it along with that Eva Revoltech

Where did you manage to find it for $110???