Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

I hope the release them separately. I only need Mirias VF-1J to complement my Macross 7 collection. The only thing I need then is advice how to paint the white stripes black. :) Has anyone experience if there is a already mixed Tamiya black in a spray can that matches the black from the Yamato VF-1s and what coat I should use to get a nice blend with the Arcaida finish.

I'm curious about the comment on the VF-0D since it was heavily hinted by Arcadia. I Mr. K trying to distract us because we all know it will be a VF-0D and they want to gain back the moment of surprise. Or is something totally different in the making. An updated Marcoss Zero line made the most sense to me because they need to be redone/there is an actual Valkyrie missing.

Let's see what other VFs where present in the shows/OVAs/movies (sans Frontier) that haven't gotten a release yet. There would be the Sound Force Valkyries and the VF-14 from Plus/7 and the stuff from Macross 2 also the VF-5000 and whale hunter Valkyries from Dynamite 7 and the X-9.

The YF-19 is in the works so they might continue the Plus line. If this is true then Arcadia could release an updated YF-21/VF-11 or a new VF-14 or X-9. So it is a new YF-21 then? ^_^

Has anyone experience if there is a already mixed Tamiya black in a spray can that matches the black from the Yamato VF-1s and what coat I should use to get a nice blend with the Arcaida finish.

From my experience the YamatArcadia finish is somewhere between semi-gloss and flat. Out of the bottle semi-gloss and flat doesn't match up right, so you have to do a 50/50 mixture between the two.

From the response it sounds like the Chronicle link stayed with Yamato.

...and went down with the sinking ship ;)

Too bad.....there could have been some variants released that may not have sold-well as general releases...like the Alaska base VF-1A, Millia's M7 VF-1J, Millia's VF-17S......perhaps Arcadia can still partner up with someone else for some exclusives

Thanks for asking the tough questions!

What?

Basically, Arcadia needs to produce valks with mass-appeal (thus a YF-19 reboot, VF-1 re-releases of fan-favorites), at least for now, so they do not repeat the mistakes made by Yamato......a VF-X-4 would be awesome, however, releasing something like that now may drive them into BK....We need them to stick around for a while as they are the only company that has the proven capacity AND (perhaps more importantly) the love of the franchise to be able to do it justice.....as they say...all good things come to those who have the cash to pay for it...or something like that.... ^_^

Basically, Arcadia needs to produce valks with mass-appeal (thus a YF-19 reboot, VF-1 re-releases of fan-favorites), at least for now, so they do not repeat the mistakes made by Yamato......a VF-X-4 would be awesome, however, releasing something like that now may drive them into BK....We need them to stick around for a while as they are the only company that has the proven capacity AND (perhaps more importantly) the love of the franchise to be able to do it justice.....as they say...all good things come to those who have the cash to pay for it...or something like that.... ^_^

I see.

There will be more VF-4 repaints at some point. They have the tooling for it.

But I would suspect from MrK's responses, new models will be 1, maybe 2 per year.

The rest being fillers like VF-1 releases.

I think the future holds hope for just about anything.

It all hinges on current items selling, and licensing agreements.

I am beginning to think the reason we didn't get the VF-4 FB2012 edition

Is because there's hardly anything licensed from FB2012.

Probably had nothing to with the whole "big west says there isn't a battroid shown, so they won't let them make it"

I'm confident there will be some good stuff on the way from Arcadia. I'd really like to see them collaborate with Hasegawa, and do the Minmay Guard, Paris and Moon act, as well as a VA-3, and make it able to play in the water, LOL.

I'm confident there will be some good stuff on the way from Arcadia. I'd really like to see them collaborate with Hasegawa, and do the Minmay Guard, Paris and Moon act, as well as a VA-3, and make it able to play in the water, LOL.

As much as I don't really care for the VA-3, I'd probably pick one up just to show support for my favorite Macross-enabler who will in turn take my money to develop more slu*tty dolls! :);)

Edited by xrentonx

I don't like the VA-3 either, but I'd buy one as well just to add to the variety of my collection. For that same reason, I'd also buy a VF-9, VF-14, VF-5000, any of the Varauta fighters or even the Feios. The only things I wouldn't buy are the Sound Force valks. My desire for variety and having all variants can't overcome my disdain for those things...

Guest davidwhangchoi

good morning (east standard time)

One wish for arcadia?

Mr. K has wishes too:

• But wants to do a proto monster now (he makes some references to M7 sibil and protodeviln joking interacting w/ some tweets also joking about the pilot of 19a ravens)
  • he's asked bout about the original Monster in 1/150 as done by Wave as 1/60 scale would be impossible
  • his twitter friend Nemo: (that he talks to everyday) "use your authority somehow in arcadia to do it." because it's non transforming and do at a reasonable scale.
  • Mr. K: I'm simply an office worker and do not have the authority to approve these projects. but wants to do a proto monster now... hmmm how do i find a way to do it? sv-51, cutless and proto monster.... someday... adieu
Edited by davidwhangchoi

...1/48 scale YF-19, and YF-21 box set with all of the trimmings/missles/parts/packs/boosters as well as included Figma style figures of both pilots. You said wish, right?

edit: Just thought of how big the box would be......

Edited by ChaoticYeti

It's starting to make sense, the picture with the red ghost, the blue VF-0D and the Sheryl was meant to mean Max and Miriya.

Perhaps the VF-0D is just another year down the road, perhaps the third new item?

Red ghost, blue plane... maybe. But Sheryl? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think that's reaching a bit... i do feel the vf-0d is a strong candidate but the hint Mr.K gave... it's a rare craft.

hmmm wonder what is considered rare that makes sense business-wise to produce?

so far he confirmed the next new mold not considered a repaint or re-release:

"no" means he wants to do but in the future not now

• yf-21v2 no
  • vf-14 no
  • cutless "9" no
  • sv-51 v.2 no
  • vf-11c v.2 no
  • vf-2ss no
  • phalanx no
  • monster no
  • koieng monster no
  • vf-4 2012 no
  • (any others that he said "not now" too) ???

so hmm wonder what it'll be...

Edited by davidwhangchoi