*snip*

And the inner comic book nerd in me marked out when:

Hunter made the comment about Bobbi previously having blonde hair.

Never thought we'd ever get a payoff like this to his constant ex-wife/she-devil remarks. :lol:

*snip*

Yeah, that was a funny pay-off. Can't wait to see if, or more likely how, that's explored down the road. Just joke fodder or potential for some good drama.

*snip*

Kanedas Bike, I understand your frustration with the lack of a resolution to the whole

Fitz-Simmons reunion.

But considering everything else that went on in tonight's episode, I'm kinda glad if they hold it off until next week. With all the big changes that went down, I'm fine if they slow burn this particular storyline with a number of character/quiet-moment scenes throughout the next few episodes.

*snip*

You're correct. Looking forward to seeing Wesley and Fred get their moment together. :ph34r:

All I know is that this season is starting off by doing everythimg right that the first seasom did wrong.

And yes, I'm still bitter that the Clearvoyant turned out to be crazy cyborg Bill Paxton, instead of big headed computer hydra-nazi scientist guy. That would have been such an awesome tie-in with Winter Soldier.

Re: Clairvoyant - agreed.

-b.

See, it's times like these that I wish I knew more about the marvel universe. A lot of the in jokes were totally lost on me.

I still thoroughly enjoyed this ep, though.

Don't feel too bad, I still miss them here and there as well. I rely a lot on the various Marvel-Wiki pages, fuzzy memory of old Marvel comics and recent history from TV and screen to help fill in the blanks.

+ I guess I'm a huge Whedon nerd so I can't help but to see parallels between this and a few of his other shows.

-b.

Tonight's episode was excellent. It had some of the pay off that I was impatiently looking for last week and sets up future character/story arc development as the season progresses.

Good action. Good story. Plenty of humor. Fairly dark at times.

And the Avengers: Age of Ultron scene + trailer was epic.

-b.

Yeah, the Hydra vs. SHIELD one-upmanship that's been going on all season has been fun to see.

Also, Hunter is such a fun little prick to root for. His "assessment" scene in the Quinjet killed me.

Mockingbird tossed in a Barton shout-out. Heh-heh.

Going back to Keith's comment re. Clairvoyant = Zola, I forgot who originally posted that theory in the Winter Soldier thread. But it was such a ridiculously awesome idea. Gotta give massive kudos to the guy who came up with it. Would have been fun to see Zola the Clairvoyant play out in Agents of SHIELD. But Garrett's work in that role (especially his shrug-it-off/ho-hum attitude about the big reveal) did soften that particular blow.

Lastly, DAMMIT, we NEED to find out who brought the cat pic coffee mug into the Playground!!

I posted it there too I think. As for tonights ep, I only had one problem A decent chunk of the first season was spemt developing the "night-night" gun. The ONE time whem it really should have been used, it was completely forgotten...

^^Early in the episode, when Mockingbird (Bobbi) is briefing Coulson on the attack at the UN, she mentions that the Hydra knife dude almost killed Barton awhile back.

Nothing major, but just a little name-dropping reference for the comic geeks amongst us.

Edited by Mog

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised no one commented on this week's episode yet. Had to watch it twice just to make sure I caught all the numerous name-dropping and references.

A lot of good stuff going on in this episode:

* The flashbacks that reveal a ton of backstory,

* Wild (almost completely random) spy-type stuff,

* Interrogations galore,

* A game of "Guess which Ward is the liar",

* A little bit of dissention and questionable motivations,

* Fitz back out in the field, and

* It's [definitely] all connected.

A few other observations/comments:

* Really digging Kyle Maclachlan's portrayal of The Doctor.

I think we can all understand how that royally pissed off, hair-trigger temper developed.

* Loved everything about the Oahu side missions. Too much amusing stuff just to get a tie formerly covered in poi.

* And yeah,

I think we can safely assume that we finally saw the mother of "THAT'S NOT HER NAME!!!!!".

Edited by Mog

Just got caught up in other stuff to comment, but essentially what Mog and Keith said!

Good episode which I will have to watch it again to catch the usual obscure Marvel comic universe reference because I just don't remember seeing any (or flat out don't remember :lol:).

-b.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

i just caught this episode by chance, been busy since the changes in work time.

i guess a lot happened... i got to look back with ABC On Demand.

Looks like the past season and a half has also been

a superhero origin story.

It was a cool moment to see, but I have a feeling it will always be a bittersweet memory for you-know-who.

A few other things I enjoyed from this midseason finale:

* Glad that they're showing that Hunter isn't some lovesick schlub and is up to snuff with this spy/observation stuff.

* Liked it that Ward pointed out how Skye was scoping out the Hydra location: noting the exits, guards, weapons, etc. Added an extra layer to what could have been a throwaway scene and showed how much Skye has grown as an agent.

* "Never turn your back on an enemy. . ." :ph34r:

So, the Terrigen Mist doesn't affect normal humans then? Because, it looks like the late Trip wasn't affected by it, until he decided to kick the crystals off the pedestal and took some Diviner shards to the gut.

And do we still call her Skye, or should we start referring to her as Daisy? :unsure:

Looks like the past season and a half has also been

a superhero origin story.

It was a cool moment to see, but I have a feeling it will always be a bittersweet memory for you-know-who.

A few other things I enjoyed from this midseason finale:

* Glad that they're showing that Hunter isn't some lovesick schlub and is up to snuff with this spy/observation stuff.

* Liked it that Ward pointed out how Skye was scoping out the Hydra location: noting the exits, guards, weapons, etc. Added an extra layer to what could have been a throwaway scene and showed how much Skye has grown as an agent.

* "Never turn your back on an enemy. . ." :ph34r:

So, the Terrigen Mist doesn't affect normal humans then? Because, it looks like the late Trip wasn't affected by it, until he decided to kick the crystals off the pedestal and took some Diviner shards to the gut.

And do we still call her Skye, or should we start referring to her as Daisy? :unsure:

Nope the mist only effects humans that were experimented on or whatever by the Kree.

And

Or we can just call her Quake.

:D

I wonder if there will be a transition for any of the characters to the movies, one could reasonable assume but still, I hope so.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^Give the man a no-prize for the correct guess.

Last week's Agent Carter episode was probably the best one of the series so far.

Howling Commandos

Characters showing some smarts (Jarvis avoiding his tell, Sousa using his investigation/observation skills).

And

Black Widows training camp!! :ph34r: