nah, i was safe... i had to go out for a dinner meeting so just got home regardless. my dvr just records shows not based on time

Whew! I was feeling really guilty.

There's an app called iShows on iOS... tells you exactly which of your shows are next. Got it while it was free... Maybe there's an android equivalent.

Well have to check into it, although my Android is starting to show it's age now, I've had to delete a few apps to make room for updates on stuff because the device (even w/ expandable memory) has started to run out of space.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

just watched it

victoria hand can't be... who's going to lead h.a.m.m.e.r.

but if she is... damn. personally i think the guy is going deep cover to get into hydra.

also at the beginning of the episode i kept thinking this:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

One observation that I didn't pick up on (until I thought more about it this morning):

So, you remember that scene where they make a big stink about scrubbing the Bus clean of all its data and backing up the info. onto a hard-drive. Who does Skye wind up handing that hard-drive to for safekeeping?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

So, the billion dollar questions:

1) If Ward is truly a Hydra operative, why didn't Skye find that out while she was "interrogating" him back in Episode 1? Supposedly, he was under the influence of a truth serum at the time and revealed a few key things about himself then (the whole brother and the well incident, Ward finding her attractive, etc.).

2) Is Ward on a deep cover mission to find out who the real Clairvoyant is? Seriously doubt it is Garrett himself. He doesn't strike me as subtle and mind-effing enough to be the Clairvoyant. But damn, gut-shotting and then repeatedly capping Agent Hand was some cold-blooded stuff on Ward's part.

On a related tangent, I like the theory someone [RedWolf] posted in the Winter Soldier thread about the possible identity of the Clairvoyant. Makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Lastly, at least in

Garrett

we found one Hydra operative that isn't a complete and utter douche-bag tool. :lol:

Edited by Mog

So, the billion dollar questions:

1) If Ward is truly a Hydra operative, why didn't Skye find that out while she was "interrogating" him back in Episode 1? Supposedly, he was under the influence of a truth serum at the time and revealed a few key things about himself then (the whole brother and the well incident, Ward finding her attractive, etc.).

2) Is Ward on a deep cover mission to find out who the real Clairvoyant is? Seriously doubt it is Garrett himself. He doesn't strike me as subtle and mind-effing enough to be the Clairvoyant. But damn, gut-shotting and then repeatedly capping Agent Hand was some cold-blooded stuff on Ward's part.

I thought they revealed who the Clairvoyant was in the movie?

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm still in denial. after reading the article it's hard to debate but i think he's a sleeper going into hydra deep cover. he didn't even know he was going heel till 15 episodes in. it's possible the writers are keeping thing close to their chest. well, i guess no matter what, things are getting interesting.

^agree

Then again I keep thinking back to series like Firefly and Angel where Whedon and crew like to make characters good guys, then bad guys, or bad, then good (I'm over-simplifying) to add complexity to the characters and the story.

I'm just happy as hell that Marvel is doing so well and that we have another Whedon show that will be around for the foreseeable future.

-b.

^^Regardless, it's gonna be fun to see how this story unfolds for the rest of the season.

I think I'm in denial too. Especially,

because of the truth serum bit in the pilot episode.

I know everything recent points to Ward being a Hydra operative.

But until they say otherwise, that bit with the truth serum just seems to contradict all of that. How could he have hidden that big Hydra secret when he revealed a bunch of other personal secrets about himself? If Skye found out he was secretly a Hydra agent, why would she have ever stayed to work with SHIELD?

Being that this is a Whedon production, I can't so casually write this bit off as a forgotten plot hole.

1) If Skye doesn't ask him directly if he's a double agent he doesn't have to answer. He just has to answer truthfully, not directly.

2) Episode 3: The Asset. When they're doing the punching bag thing Ward says that they don't have truth serum and were messing with Skye.

Guest davidwhangchoi

they say the artists are given the script of the next episode and draws a work inspired by the script...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

While re watching "Beginning of the end"

Sitwell was ordered by HQ to go to the Launch pad ship though he had enough information to direct Deathlock to fallow Agent Blake whome Hand said warned her and that is why she thought Coleson was the mole.

I'm not convinced Ward was A mole on the Bus for Garret since Romanov was accessing the system's on the ship Sitwell was on and we know HYDRA was using SHIELD networks to communicate.

Would it be out of the question for the Infamous Superspy Nick Fury to employ a certain Capt America enemy to highjack a SHIELD ship?

From what I know of the Winter Soldier Nick got a head of HYDRA just in time to formulate a counter measure to their plan.

Edited by miles316

It sucks we have to wait 4 more days till the next episode.

I guess this means

Those two Sitwell recruited/captured in one shot "item 47" are not good I wonder if Sitwell's actions in "Item 47" made agent Blake suspicious

Edited by miles316

Watched the last episode on Hulu the other night. So in the scene where they are carting Agent Garrett off, was it just me, or did anyone else notice that Agent Coulson gave Ward a little nod or glance before he boarded the plane? Or am I reading into that scene? Because if that did happen, then are we meant to conclude that Ward's "betrayal" was in fact a ploy?

Watched the last episode on Hulu the other night. So in the scene where they are carting Agent Garrett off, was it just me, or did anyone else notice that Agent Coulson gave Ward a little nod or glance before he boarded the plane? Or am I reading into that scene? Because if that did happen, then are we meant to conclude that Ward's "betrayal" was in fact a ploy?

After killing Hand the look on Ward's face as Garret was telling the same story he was telling Coulson looked like ward was out for revenge.

So...wow another really good episode.

I'm still sticking with my redemption theory for the time being. However, that said I really need to get these preconceived notions out of my head, I kept thinking of all these character comparisons from Firefly, Buffy and Angel.

-b.