Not sold on the Agent Carter series, but we'll see.

This last week's episode was OK, but it felt like filler until the Season Finale. I'm also now firmly in the camp that Ward is "evil" even if they are trying to show how he became that way. I'd put money on him being bad throughout the series but somewhere towards the end he does the whole self-sacrifice thing (redemption).

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

who's agent carter? is that a shield agent. i personally think that show is going kill the buzz on agents of shield. remeinds me of when who wants to be a millionaire started going on every night and day and people just got sick of it.

I think the Agent Carter series has a chance to out shine Agent Of Shield to be honest with you. At least being set in the past you don't have to rely on cheesy special effects as much, and you don't have to worry about the story you are telling bumping up against an upcomming film giving you more freedom to tell your own story. For example I think the founding of Shield is a more compelling story than what ever the hell this current group is running around doing while the various avengers are off handling the real threats.

EDIT: you also can't go wrong with Haley Atwell in vintage 40s-50 pinup style. :p

Edited by renegadeleader1

Can't and won't argue about Hayley Atwell, she is very attractive.

Like all things, Agent Carter could be good if handled right or it could be a mess. My only concern would be if there is any revisionist history with regard to the Marvel cinematic universe because of her show.

And looking at the suitcase Agent Triplett had from his grandfather, a member of the Howling Commandos, I'd wager that there could be some pretty funky effects (laser cigarette anyone?).

I also like the tie in AoS has with the movies, I think Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a great example of how the show can be used to enhance or supplement the larger universe.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Captain Americas sweetheart.

i thought that was the Russian red head.

oh now i remember. the old grandma he kept talking to. man... that's depressing. thinking that she grows old without steve rogers.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not sure if trolling .... go look up Agent Carter One Shot.

no i wasn't trolling this time, i thought we were talking about the founder of shield in captain america 2.

i just looked it up and didn't even know they had marvel one shots. i'll check it out. i think i have iron man 3 bluray lying around the house somewhere. i rarely look at the extras...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just saw the carter one shot. it IS the old lady from captain america! right?

yeah, i guess i'm interested in the origin of SHIELD.

Getting back to the show, one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet: that was some cold-blooded, gangsta-type sh*t Fitz pulled off

almost killing Garrett with that EMP.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Getting back to the show, one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet: that was some cold-blooded, gangsta-type sh*t Fitz pulled off

almost killing Garrett with that EMP.

i would've thought that, if he actually died.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That was a really good season finale, just enough closure and "what will happen next" to keep me interested.

And coming soon (or before the series completes a full/uninterrupted run);

"Ward, the semi-redemption after he goes full-evil".

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That was a really good season finale, just enough closure and "what will happen next" to keep me interested.

And coming soon (or before the series completes a full/uninterrupted run);

"Ward, the semi-redemption after he goes full-evil".

-b.

yeah , i liked it

i'm still not sure about Ward...

prob the writers need to slowly pace him for season two.

i think he's going to be like spike for buffy.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah , i liked it

i'm still not sure about Ward...

prob the writers need to slowly pace him for season two.

i think he's going to be like spike for buffy.

Yep, that or;

Lindsey from Angel

Not that it's a bad thing but in my estimation there are a lot of vibes from previous Whedon shows, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, etc.

I'm really excited to see the show progress and I'm overwhelmingly happy that the show isn't on Fox (regardless of the Disney/ABC ownership angle).

-b.

Oh man, that ending with Coulson

taking out Garret, I yelled and clapped!

Now I'm wondering what part of the timeline we are in because

Fury was obviously at the point of looking for Agents, which was before or after leaving in Cap 2?

One of the better finale's I've seen.

Oh man, that ending with Coulson

taking out Garret, I yelled and clapped!

Now I'm wondering what part of the timeline we are in because

Fury was obviously at the point of looking for Agents, which was before or after leaving in Cap 2?

One of the better finale's I've seen.

Should be after since the last thing we seen him do in Cap 2 was put on the shades and leave the eye patch.

"Hey guys! I found it! Told you it'd be in here!"

More like:

Garrett: [standard "I'm still alive!! I will have my REVENGE!" bad-guy speech]

Zap/Blast/SPLAT!!

Coulson: "Hey guys! I found it! Told you it'd be here!"

I also liked: "Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge!"

And for some silly reason: "Stupid, stupid, stupid!! And very cruel! And very STUPID!!"

If there's one word to describe this season finale, it was FUN.

Between the silly banter,

Coulson getting his BFG from Avengers 1 back, the way Garrett become vaporware, and the return of Patton Oswalt as Koenig's brother?/clone?/LMD?

it was just a fun ep.

Silly theory: The next time we see Ward, if he still has that facial scar running down his cheek, he's a bad guy. If it's gone? Good guy again.

Long-shot gamble: Between all the talk of evolution that Raina mentions in this episode and the "miracles" that will be showing up in Age of Ultron (around the time Agents of Shield is winding up Season 2), I'm guessing Skye ain't a Kree or Kree hybrid, but rather a MUTANT (or the Marvel-verse's equivalent of mutants/"miracles"/"those born with special powers").

Edited by Mog

and that gives away the scene that I took that line from. The lines I picked you wouldn't know what they meant unless you'd seen the show. Plus it's a pain in the ass to type spoiler tags on a tablet.

Raina and all her talk about evolution makes me think she's got a meeting with the High Evolutionary in her future.

I still think the most badass thing in the episode was the fight between Ward and May when she uses the nail gun to nail his foot to the floor. That was awesome, and the proper use of hte tool too, so cool.

Now that is what I call a season finally!!

Laughed my ass off when Fury was scolding Garrett for getting his motivational speech wrong.

And the disintegration joke… wow. They went the extra mile with all those expensive looking CG special effects just to set up that single joke. Bravo!!

^Yeah, Agent May continues to be a bad-ass.

-b.

"You were never on top!!" **Clang** :lol:

• 4 months later...

happy happy

PS - We need a bouncy smiley to show unbridled enthusiasm or excitement. :D doesn't do my emotional state any justice.

-b.

Will this do instead?... I'm kind of partial to it: post-664-0-64080200-1411520866.gif post-664-0-64080200-1411520866.gifpost-664-0-64080200-1411520866.gifpost-664-0-64080200-1411520866.gif

Edit: Great season opener. Loved the flashback preamble setting up the story.

<spoiler> The "Osmosian" character, while nowhere near original -- Kevin Levin anyone? -- was really well done. </spoiler>

Edited by mechaninac