Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Well I can imagine what if feels like to have one in hand but it has a different cockpit transformation so that will be nice to go through some different motions transforming it.

I'm really interested to know if there will be some add-on sets for this one. :)

Nah, the 30 isn't just a 25 redo even if they share a lot of aesthetics. The transformations are different enough. However I would like to see more images in all modes just to get more of a sense of it's proportions and with the hard points in use because I'd like to see how this thing looks fully loaded.

Nah, the 30 isn't just a 25 redo even if they share a lot of aesthetics. The transformations are different enough. However I would like to see more images in all modes just to get more of a sense of it's proportions and with the hard points in use because I'd like to see how this thing looks fully loaded.

Just play Macross 30 over and over until more news on the toy drops then :-)

Just play Macross 30 over and over until more news on the toy drops then :-)

I don't own Sony products, I can't play the game.

You're right but Bandai won't give us the plane WITH the missiles.

That's possible, so either it's a giant rip-off to buy some additional missiles for the YF-30 or there's a chance there's some additional armor/accessories we don't know about yet that have been designed for the thing as well. Probably overpriced missiles though.

IIRC, the YF-30 does not carry any external missiles. All the missiles are in the weapon container in the back and in internal weapons bays in the lower legs.

Graham

What a relief! :p The first naked valk since VF-4.

Technically they can carry wing ordinance (can, not need to).

The VF-9 is the only VF that there is some doubt whether it can or cannot carry wing ordinance (I have lingering doubt, because despite what the materials I've read claim, how can it be a 'light' fighter jet without some kind of missile armament? And it doesn't have any internal space, either).

EDIT: and the VB-6. Always forgetting that white elephant...

Edited by sketchley

It seems like the toy version can as well because it has the hardpoints visible under the wings or on the side of the arms in battroid mode. It seems strange that they decided to do that for a valk that normally doesn't carry external missiles when Bandai usually leaves out that feature or goes out of their way to initially include wings that have no missile hardpoints and then sell the ones with them separately for the valks that do carry under wing accessories or missiles :p

Edited by MacrossJunkie

IIRC, the YF-30 does not carry any external missiles. All the missiles are in the weapon container in the back and in internal weapons bays in the lower legs.

Graham

As of the last pics of the prototype we've seen it has hard points all over the toy and I'd like to see what it looks like with missiles actually attached.

Is there a pre-order out for this yet? And if can you post a link?

No. No preorders, release date, or price have been announced yet.

I don't own Sony products, I can't play the game.

That's possible, so either it's a giant rip-off to buy some additional missiles for the YF-30 or there's a chance there's some additional armor/accessories we don't know about yet that have been designed for the thing as well. Probably overpriced missiles though.

Well, you could always rent or borrow one to play the game on. Your choice, naturally, but I personally find it odd to let brand loyalty (if thats what it is) get in the way of one's Macross. M30 is the most recent part of the Macross storyline, timeline-wise (being in 2060) after all.

But, in the meantime, maybe this footage will give you some better ideas as to how the YF-30 works, looks, and sounds.

No. No preorders, release date, or price have been announced yet.

Well, you could always rent or borrow one to play the game on. Your choice, naturally, but I personally find it odd to let brand loyalty (if thats what it is) get in the way of one's Macross. M30 is the most recent part of the Macross storyline, timeline-wise (being in 2060) after all.

But, in the meantime, maybe this footage will give you some better ideas as to how the YF-30 works, looks, and sounds.

What the hell? Basara is shooting and firing lots of missiles at things. Isn't that completely out of character? He had a massive guilt trip just firing a couple leg missiles in the show.

Why isn't he flying around and singing at your enemies? :p

I want to see the toy. Thanks.

Well, in that case there's nothing to do other than wait, sorry. bandai will get around to releasing info when they release it, as always.

What the hell? Basara is shooting and firing lots of missiles at things. Isn't that completely out of character? He had a massive guilt trip just firing a couple leg missiles in the show.

Why isn't he flying around and singing at your enemies? :p

He does use singing and sound energy to make enemies basically leave the battlefield. On higher difficulties however, the AI might not always do that, since theres a lot more YF/VF-19s in the game than just Basaras.

Eithe rway, thats a question I recommend you direct over to the Game forums, where there are still active threads about the game :-)

@Tochiro: Wow, that is a beautiful game. A shame that there isnt an English version. If that is what the game ismlike I would have bought it straight away.

Theres a fairly comprehensive English guide done by a member of the forums (who put an amazing work of effort into it) and the PS3 is region free. Feel free to pop into the game forums with any questions you might have :-)

On a more general note to everyone asking for news on the YF-30, when theres news someone here will pick up on it immediately. Seriously, Macross World has the most attentive fans around and they usually pick up on pics and announcements before major news sites do. If theres info to be had, the folks here post it and post it damn quick. If theres no news then it means theres none to be had.

• 4 weeks later...