Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

This seems like a pretty big hint, actually. The thing with the latest release date in that photo is the 25G Tornado parts. So I'm assuming the YF-30 is after that.

Also, those G parts really do look like they're drooping badly.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Forum regular and SpeakerPODcast co-host SAVE just took this at Satelites booth at Anime Japan this morning ;-)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

the tornados really look too heavy for the wings of the 25G and F

the 30 looks cool in fighter. i want to see the 30 in battroid without a display stand. i'm skeptical it can stand on it's own.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Maybe that's their solution for the way most of the VF-25 releases have the wings bent upwards? :p

That's actually kinda how real wings are designed-----the weight of stuff (engines, weapons) hanging off the wing pulls it down, counteracting the force of lift bending it up. You can never make it totally equal nor at all times---but it helps, and is taken into account when designing in the desired strength/flexibility of the structure.

(and thus, a wing which never has to "hold" anything---like on a 727 or DC-9, has to be made thicker/stronger/stiffer, to resist the lift forces from bending it up much--as it can only rely on itself, and not the effect from thousands of pounds of engines or weapons)

:lol: Oh, I know, I just find it funny that it's like they're trying to cover up their ineptitude at making flat wings by making the wing packs droop on purpose to counter it. They've gotten better over time (my VF-25A has pretty much perfectly molded wings), but most of my VF-25s still have the flappy problem.

Really though, if they bend them down that far? I don't think I'm going to feel comfortable displaying them. At least the armor packs latch onto the wing gloves, and the wings aren't even inside those, but these look like they'd wind up forcing the wings to remain bent completely opposite their natural shape. (Unless I'm mistaken at how they attach, and the wings don't go into the tornado packs either. I've never looked that closely at them.)

Edited by Chronocidal

I could be wrong, wouldn't be surprised to be, but that YF-30 looks remarkably like a production ready, fully decorated, test shot to me... release announcement can't be far off. It's such a pretty bird too.

Does anyone know if it'll be a general release or Tamashii exclusive?

I could be wrong, wouldn't be surprised to be, but that YF-30 looks remarkably like a production ready, fully decorated, test shot to me... release announcement can't be far off. It's such a pretty bird too.

Does anyone know if it'll be a general release or Tamashii exclusive?

Yup, looks like that thing is about ready to go at any time.

That's actually kinda how real wings are designed-----the weight of stuff (engines, weapons) hanging off the wing pulls it down, counteracting the force of lift bending it up. You can never make it totally equal nor at all times---but it helps, and is taken into account when designing in the desired strength/flexibility of the structure.(and thus, a wing which never has to "hold" anything---like on a 727 or DC-9, has to be made thicker/stronger/stiffer, to resist the lift forces from bending it up much--as it can only rely on itself, and not the effect from thousands of pounds of engines or weapons)

Interesting info David. I never knew that about planes without engines on their wings. The 727 and DC-9 are some of my favorite airplanes. Thanks

Meh it looks okay, I told myself I was done with Macross Frontier stuff because I really just don't like Macross Frontier, but this thing looks interesting. If anything I can buy 3 of them then sell them later when Bandai decides they are never ever making this thing ever again, I may keep one if it grows on me.

Nice pictures Tochiro.

The YF-30 looks good enough in Fighter mode, not my favorite Macross Frontier design but it's nice to see something that isn't a YF-29 repaint.

* the 25 releases and re-releases get a pass for me 'cause it's my favorite B))

-b.

I wonder if they'll make any other variants of the YF-30? Tking has brought up an issue of mine (and a silly issue it is, really.) I like to have three of everything to pose in each mode. I don't know if I should jump at three of these or wait to see.

^ I'm pretty much already down for 2. 1 in fighter and 1 in battroid. love the look and paint scheme.

I only hope it doesn't end up costing a bajillion dollars and that bandai doesn't screw this up with the qc and engineering

also wondering if Bandai will wait for Arcadia's VF-0D goes up for preorder before putting this up - you know fight delta wings with delta wings

Edited by SaitouSad

^ I'm pretty much already down for 2. 1 in fighter and 1 in battroid. love the look and paint scheme.

I only hope it doesn't end up costing a bajillion dollars and that bandai doesn't screw this up with the qc and engineering

also wondering if Bandai will wait for Arcadia's VF-0D goes up for preorder before putting this up - you know fight delta wings with delta wings

Yeah, I was thinking back to the 171 issue too. But then I'd be in for three, I kind of wish I'd gone for three Alto's instead of that broken CF. Hopefully this new, untested, mold will be more reliable.