Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

It's times like this where I wish things got written more clearly than open interpretations of TV vs. OVA vs. Movie and just showed finalizations. I thought Grace was assumingly dead and the end of Goodbye to Triangle?

Or is this just that M30 is a mish-mash of intertwined story lines that weren't really meant to connect.

M30, while set 1 year after the events of Frontier, involves characters all being brought together from various points in the past which i why it doesnt need to follow the conclusions of either the tv series or movies.

Yeah this guy! Leon Sakaki aka the guy who is the least interesting character in the game.

Yeah but he decided to take the bullet. Alto just sits there and without any doubts with zero hours in Macross 30 I can certainly tell that with Leon it is the same.

Yay prejudice! \o/

I dont see why people are so down on Leon - he is by far the most decisive Macross lead character we have had in the franchise in over a decade. He isnt all emo-ish and is well aware that the point of an SMS pilot is to follow orders and fight when necessary. He may be underdeveloped but I for one hope that we get more characters like him in the future.

Heck, given that he is smack in the middle of this years official Macross birthday card, I hope we see more of him.

M30, while set 1 year after the events of Frontier, involves characters all being brought together from various points in the past which i why it doesnt need to follow the conclusions of either the tv series or movies.

I dont see why people are so down on Leon - he is by far the most decisive Macross lead character we have had in the franchise in over a decade. He isnt all emo-ish and is well aware that the point of an SMS pilot is to follow orders and fight when necessary. He may be underdeveloped but I for one hope that we get more characters like him in the future.

Heck, given that he is smack in the middle of this years official Macross birthday card, I hope we see more of him.

Sounds like I would like him, I didn't play the game. I really hated the emo and all the indecision as well.

Leon is certainly no Solid Snake or Takeru Shirogane as far as male leads go!

Oh the guy is no hardcore, cigar chompin, gritty hero. He is pretty happy and heck, does cry at one point. But for all that he knows what his job is. I always loved that his first reaction to being told he might be trapped at Ouroborus SMS for anything from a month to a year was 'I still get paid, right?'

I haven't played the game either, but I already like Leon if he isn't whiny indecision making feminine Alto.

I watched the Frontier series first, and at the end figured he was picking neither because he liked Michel or something lol.

The movie made him a little better, but for a guy with a hot pop singer wanting his junk, he sure cold shouldered her.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Leon - main character of M30. The VF-30 has nothing to do with Leon from Frontier.

david's just messing around with the grace reference as well as i was w/ the bubblegum reference.

though my Leon has cooler hair compared to the other two and has shades B))

I was kidding. -.-

Well, time to work on my English skills.

I guess we're all waiting for a preorder date. ^_^

I mean we've seen the prototype. We've discussed the prototype.

No it is Bandais turn do give some new input.

I'd love to see a lively discussion around the YF-30 but I think at the moment there is not enough to talk about. :mellow:

Some Gerwalk images would be awesome especially with Bandais track-record with the V1s. I don't think that it will be bad since the Renewals have such nice Gerwalk-Modes.

What worries me about Gerwalk are the missile-pod in the back. The images show it not deployed so it stores on the back. I think in the Battroid image you can see an ledge on the lower leg where the missile-pod sits in Fighter-Mode. Depending on how heavy it is and how Bandai designed the mount it might sag in Gerwalk-Mode because the support ledge from the legs is missing.

Maybe the didn't show the third mode because in the prototype the backpacks sags down. If that is the case hopefully the find a solution.

I have faith in Bandai that the pull it off nicely. Not as much faith as I had before the VF-171CF shoulder debacle and the half-assed Super VF-27 Renewal (I love mine though) but still an adequate amount of faith. ^_^

I'm more interested if Bandai has any plans for add-on sets with different weapon-setups and armament for the hard-points. Some kind of conformable missile launcher that sits on the underside of the wing and ends up on the forearms would be cool. I think something like they had with the VF-4G and not the dark-blueish missiles like on the VF-171.

one of my primary reasons for being interested in Gerwalk is because of that giant missile box. In theory it's held on by that portion of body that sits behind the head and runs down back from the cockpit but on the toy it could sag without the legs there to hold it up. Not that Gerwalk doesn't look okay with the box deployed (to me), but I am curious.

So that flat piece is consistent with what appears in game so if you aren't fond of it now's the time to curse Kawamori. In terms of a flap folding out that's standard on the VF-17 and 171 as well. It was just folded out a bit too far at that show apparently, which tends to happen often at these sorts of events.

In the absence of line-art all we have to go on is the video of Kawamori transforming the Lego version (and that area is practically impossible to see) the official render, which is hard to see but looks totally flat and then the official game model which is flat. From the side profile I think that flat piece looks good so I'm thinking that is what Kawamori intended.

• 2 weeks later...

NICE! Lets hope they get it right the first time this time... no renewals please. The aircraft mode looks awesome (and that's enough for me!), still on the fence about the battroid though.

NICE! Lets hope they get it right the first time this time... no renewals please. The aircraft mode looks awesome (and that's enough for me!), still on the fence about the battroid though.

Very good point! There've been renewals for so many valks. It might indeed be better to wait for the renewal. Else I'll have to sell the flawed first edition at a loss.