VF-25F Messiah VS YF-29 DURANDAL !!

moncikoma

THE WINNER IS?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best valk?

• DURANDAL
    • MESSIAH

I forked over a bit more, about $250 I think, and ordered at BBTS after ordering my VF-171 from them. At this point though, I'm not sure I care if I get a YF-29 or not. If they come through, great, if not, I'll live. I do wish I'd known about Otacute before hand though, I might have to try them for something in the future.

Just curious... How much are you guys paying for this YF-29 reissue (including s/h)?

Paid approx $160 + shipping from Amiami. :) Who by the way just confirmed my May loot is all in stock and my 29 is on the way! Mwahahahahaha!

That's where I got my 25F ($163.66 with shipping... those were the days); their pre-order discounts are hard to beat, but once people came to know how good these new DXs are compared to the V1s, they sell out too fast for most people to be able to secure one with them. It would be nice if other places matched Amiami's prices, or if Amiami didn't have the collector's attention it has now so that the pre-order window on these things would remain open for at least a couple of weeks; alas, that's but a pipe dream and the majority of Macross collectors outside of Japan have to settle for higher prices elsewhere.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my YF-29 from AE today. it was a bit costly. 18,800 yen plus EMS shipping and BS Paypal currency conversion rate came out to about 285USD shipped.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

This wouldn't be MW without complaining, so let the bitching begin! :D

Now that I have a YF-29 in my hands, wow, I can say it's a step down from the renewals. Just taking it out of the box, I've noticed:

-parts just don't seem to fit as well together as they do on the renewals

-big, unsightly gap between the nose cone and the rest of the front fuselage

-knife is one solid color

-some small stress marks on the back wing glove hinges

-color mismatch between red plastic and red paint is painfully obvious even at a distance with the naked eye

-big chunk of red paint already scraped off the head

-lots and lots of grease/mold release agent/whatever

-only the bottoms of the black lerx (is that really what they're called?) are painted, leaving unsightly white gaps (I'll have to paint it in myself)

-no *straight* head turret replacements like the 25S (was a vain hope, I know)

-pilot figure has the old crappy paint app, not the slightly better ones that came with the renewals

I'm reasonably satisfied with my purchase, I guess. I like the design enough (but not the tiger stripes) to warrant the money spent. And it doesn't look anywhere near as awful as the original DX toys.

But if anyone offers to trade you a 29 for a renewal 25F or 25S, don't do it! :o

Edited by Lolicon

thanks for the replies about the price... the local seller where i made a tentative preorder from gave me some BS about having to increase the price a little coz of the difficulty to acquire the YF-29 due to the supply shortage. I guess i'll go ahead and get it since the price is pretty much the same as everywhere else (approx. $216 converted from our local currency).

The one's who got in on Amiami's preorder probably got the best deal, but i just can't see myself ordering online anymore since our local customs are very strict nowadays... last order i made from HLJ i got hit with a $20 tax charge. :angry:

...still, anybody who got a YF-29 with this reissue run should count themselves lucky since this is probably the last time this is going to be produced... unless Bandai makes Ozma's YF-29 (that would probably be even harder to acquire at MSRP).

This wouldn't be MW without complaining, so let the bitching begin! :D ...

i'd love to hear what you have to say about the DX VF-27 now. :blink:

Edited by m0n5t3r

I paid $280 shipped from Nippon-Yasan. Some of you guys got great deals. Did I paid too much?

I think the price will go up. Anyway, its pretty safe to get from Nippon Yasan. I receive my VF-25S today and its box condition is very good.

Arghh!!!! Missed it again.

I'm so temted to order a second VF-1A Cavaliers or a third VF-1A DYRL? CF <_<

At this point, I feel that Yamato deserves your money.... Bandai has me really disappointed in them atm. At least you can buy a Yamato at a discount with pre order and actually get it. I wish Yamato could secure the license for Frontier, so all of us collectors could secure what we need to complete our collections. Frontier is really hot atm, I don't understand Bandai's strategy on the renewals. It's like they are supporting the scalping trade for collectibles. Maybe the factory they are using can't produce enough? Maybe they are scared they are going to warm the shelves like the v1's? Have they not noticed the v2's are flying off the shelves faster than the v1's?

Tracking shows that my YF-29 from Otacute landed in NY this morning; I should be receiving it sometime this week, probably in the next couple of days... very curious to personally compare it to my renewal VF-25F.

Tracking shows that my YF-29 from Otacute landed in NY this morning; I should be receiving it sometime this week, probably in the next couple of days... very curious to personally compare it to my renewal VF-25F.

I was also tracking my YF-29, it landed in LAX on May 31, went through custom, now it's in my hand. Two thumbs up for Otacute!