VF-25F Messiah VS YF-29 DURANDAL !!

moncikoma

THE WINNER IS?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best valk?

• DURANDAL
    • MESSIAH

THIS IS A PLACE to discuss which valk got the best of the best in terms of design, concept, power, and peoples choice..

lets start from ...

526129_3566048623533_1042423288_33260620_402312250_n.jpg

MESSIAH FASTPACKS VS DURANDAL :

sample_a743d181235a69104232a39c1ebb02c1.jpg

vf-25-cockpit1.gif

vf-25-cockpit2.gif

vf-25-lineart2.gif

vf-25-lineart3.gif

Debut: Macross Frontier, Episode 1

Pilot(s): Henry Gilliam, Alto Saotome

Other appearances: none.

Original mechanical designer: Shoji Kawamori

FAST Packs

VF_25_Superpacks.jpg

The VF-25 can be fitted with one of two add-on packs to improve its performance. The VF-25 can transform between Fighter, GERWALK, and Battroid modes without having to jettison the pack

VERSUS...

dafcfbb0915c7e3bfb7cefae59d3c70a.jpg

* Maximum speed:

o standard, in atmosphere at 10000 m: Mach 5.5+, (on account of the fuselage heat-resistance limit. Possible speeds of greater than Mach 10 for brief periods)

* Maximum airframe design load: 32.5kg [40.0G]

Design Features

Forward-swept wings. Four-section design. Fold Wave system. Fold Wave projector system. Fold Quartz amplifier installed on each side of fuselage. Fold quartz not only improves airframe performance but also amplifies the effect of intervention and obstruction of Vajra fold network and fold song

Manufacturer: Shinsei Industry/ Macross Frontier Arsenal Original Development/L.A.I.

Fighter mode

* Length, overall: 18.73 m

* Width, overall: 14.15 m (with main wings deployed)

* Height (without landing gear): 3.88 m

Appearances

* Debut: Macross Frontier: The Movie ~Sayonara no Tsubasa~

Background

* Designer: Shoji Kawamori

* Design inspiration: VF-25 Messiah with Tornado Pack

Although Shoji Kawamori originally intended to design the YF-29 with forward swept wings like the YF-19, he didn't plan for it to have 4 sections like the VF-27 Lucifer. His inspiration came from incorporating elements of the first movie's Tornado pack.

the winner is :

546591_3566040623333_1042423288_33260619_812735623_n.jpg

me-gusta.jpg both!

Edited by David Hingtgen

I voted YF-29 if we are comparing fighter modes only. But in battroid i prefer VF-25F with super parts. About gerwalk, YF-29's gerwalk can compete if you mess with the thrusters and the swivel lasers to give it a more "functional" backpack. SUch as:

post-14781-0-00405700-1337601249_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dimis

YF-29 is a spikey mess of spikey things going EVERYWHERE in Battroid mode... I never know where it's safe to handle it... it... scares me.

VF-25 with or without Super parts is sleak and sexy.

I haven't gotten my hands on a VF-25 yet. I'm looking forward to it since I've come to prefer the idea of a fighter system - i.e. a basic fighter with lots of role specific add-on options.

I agree that the YF-29 is too spiky. You have to watch the head fin when transforming and the canards get in the way when posing the battroid. I also think the wings look a bit too clunky in battroid mode. The FAST packs seem really contrived - the YF-29 is one of the few talks that look better without. The YF-29 does have some good stuff going for it. I like the colors. I love the leg missile pods. The built in twin beam cannon is great. The beam rifle is nice.

Comments on the anime...

I feel that the YF-29 really got slighted in the anime. It didn't seem necessary and could have been replaced with Alto's VF-25 with Tornado pack. The twin beam cannon is used only once that I noticed. You wouldn't even know that it has a beam rifle unless you noticed the size. I don't think the leg or shoulder missile pods were used at all. I still have no idea why it has harpoons on the FAST packs ;)

The YF-29 is simply "too much" IMHO. The VF-25 is an "instant classic".

The YF-29 is screaming "I'm an X-TREME valk" and should have flame deco and chromed rims.

The VF-25 is the latest in the line descending from the VF-1, just better in every way.

The YF-29 is screaming "I'm an X-TREME valk" and should have flame deco and chromed rims.

The VF-25 is the latest in the line descending from the VF-1, just better in every way.

This.

-Kyp

This.

-Kyp

Double This. The 25 is an instant classic, and while the 29 grew on me a little bit if I had to choose between the two, the 25 is just so clean vs. the overall too-busy-for-it's-own-good 29.

That and my avatar should point to my obvious bias. B))

-b.

i think in anime vf 29 can't do anything.. it only dancing with it mambo jambo light ..in term of manuverability the 27 still could outmanuver it.. even the vajra manage to shoot alto for me vf 25 is more battle worthy

i think in anime vf 29 can't do anything.. it only dancing with it mambo jambo light ..in term of manuverability the 27 still could outmanuver it.. even the vajra manage to shoot alto for me vf 25 is more battle worthy

What...?

YF-29 = YF-19 on crack. To me atleast. It's not bad but as pointed out, there is just too much on it. The additional engines on the wings kinda kill it for me.

Not a fan of the 25 either but I do prefer its more contemporary design.

I kind of prefer the VF-25 for looking more like an actual aircraft, instead of a hot rod toy advertisement for Bandai.

The YF-29 kind of has just too much stuff stuck to it. I mean, it's pretty much what they said, a valk with a built-in tornado pack. It makes some sense, but it comes off as being just way too busy, then the super packs were even goofier looking, and didn't even resemble the VF-25 packs at all.

On the other hand, I can't say I don't like the design. It just needs to ditch the screwball red and black tigerstripe paintscheme for something that looks like an actual prototype. I'm going to have fun painting some of the 1/100 snap kits in various low-vis and high-vis markings. :D

Also, I can't fault Bandai for making the YF-29 toy.. I mean, it did wind up providing a lot of the R&D for the renewal VF-25 after all. I do wish I could get a 1/72 kit of it though.

As I've mentioned many times, I would have been a lot happier with the YF-29 toy, if the lower legs locked more securely in fighter mode and the shoulder armour didn't pop of at least twenty times during each transformation.

But as for the mecha design, I do find it far too busy and spiky and don't really like Alto's paint scheme.

In my opinion, the VF-25 is a far nicer looking VF and toy.

Graham