All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

On the plus side, there's the potential for a KOTOR sequel (that hopefully isn't a crappy MMO), since BioWare is with EA.

On the downside, I'll have to install Origin to play it...

attachicon.gif2013-03-27-013013.jpgGlad, everyone is enjoying the game, and know that many people worked very hard making sure Liz didn't get stuck anywhere....and believe me, she tried!

I kinda broke Elizabeth today. I directed her to pick a lock in the Police Station on the second floor where there is an Infusion and the lock stayed/I didn't lose keys/but the "hit the X" is gone. Any suggestions?

BTW, fantastic game. I'm really enjoying this.

Edited by Benson13

I kinda broke Elizabeth today. I directed her to pick a lock in the Police Station on the second floor where there is an Infusion and the lock stayed/I didn't lose keys/but the "hit the X" is gone. Any suggestions?

BTW, fantastic game. I'm really enjoying this.

Yeah, sounds like you're gonna have to load the bullhouse save again, then fight everyone in the station. Not much else to do at that point.You could try walking out of the station, then backbin again, but no guaruntee there.

Yeah, sounds like you're gonna have to load the bullhouse save again, then fight everyone in the station. Not much else to do at that point.You could try walking out of the station, then backbin again, but no guaruntee there.

Walking in and out caused an auto save and made the situation permanent. Oh well, it's not like a second play through wasn't going to happen. Thanks Keith.

Keeping fingers crossed that Battlefront 3 will finally see the light of day.

I'm kind of resigned to not getting my hopes up about this. The Battlefield games are all well and good if you like a realistic setting, but I want a "MOAR BLOOM! REAL IS BROWN! ALWAYS ONLINE!" version of Battlefront about as much as I want a hole drilled in my head.

Although, if they can manage to expand on the large scale space battle scenarios from BFII, and give us a proper capship battle with full-sized ships and more complex interiors (ie, more than 50 ft between all the major ship systems :p) I'll happily dive in.

Edited by Chronocidal

Good to hear, but will there be Porsches this time, or more RUFs?

If EA still holds the exclusive rights to porsche in games then no. I'd like to see GT6 add more of the modern RUFs instead of just sticking to the same models they've had since GT3.

I'm kind of resigned to not getting my hopes up about this. The Battlefield games are all well and good if you like a realistic setting, but I want a "MOAR BLOOM! REAL IS BROWN! ALWAYS ONLINE!" version of Battlefront about as much as I want a hole drilled in my head.

Although, if they can manage to expand on the large scale space battle scenarios from BFII, and give us a proper capship battle with full-sized ships and more complex interiors (ie, more than 50 ft between all the major ship systems :p) I'll happily dive in.

I loved BFII. Hell, I literally played the disc to death; the game just refused to load one day, after a good four months of repeated play.

I'd kill for a BFIII, but only if the campaign mode is offline. I've heard too many horror stories about a$$holes online exploiting game glitches and throwing bitch fits through the text messaging system.

BFII was the only Battlefront game I played, and remains my first and best taste of Star Wars gaming to date. I was never a fan of MMORPG's or anything online, so I passed on most of the other SW games.

SW The Force Unleashed was decent, but it just doesn't hit the spot. There's just nothing quite like trudging through the chaos of a scifi battle in stormtrooper armor, IMO.

Meh.

Don't get me wrong, I put probably hundreds of hours into Gran Turismo 2 and Gran Turismo 3 back in the day. Problem is, I don't feel like Gran Turismo's ever really moved on from that. I didn't put nearly as much time into GT4, and I don't think I had GT5 for more than a day or two before I offered to sell it to a friend. Without trying to start a debate about realism/physics/graphics/number of cars/etc, I just think that the Forza series is more fun.

It's largely academic for me anyway. I've basically quit playing consoles. It's too difficult when the wife always seems to be wanting to watch TV. Sure, I could hook the stuff up to another TV, but it's just been easier for me to get into PC gaming instead.

I haven't played a racing game since GT4. I think I got a free copy of Forza 2 when I bought my 360 in '07 but I never even took it out of it's package.

I'm with you on that. I don't even consider racing games for purchase. I've dabbled here and there but I really have no interest.

That depends on where you're from. Back home in Vegas we saw all sorts of cars we'd never own. Doha was also really cool if you wanted to see exotic cars.

1200 cars? And I bet not a one I've actually driven, and maybe like 0.2% can be found in the local mall's parking lot...

If I wanted to drive a non-Evo Lancer, I'd get in my car and go somewhere. Seems like I'm always around 15 over the speed limit anyway.

2D never dies,

you know that those are all in-game 3d models with cel-shading, right? the game is using the unreal engine (same engine that gears of war and the tranformers war for cybertron uses). those characters are not 2D sprites.

Walking in and out caused an auto save and made the situation permanent. Oh well, it's not like a second play through wasn't going to happen. Thanks Keith.

Odd, it shouldn't have saved over the bullhouse chapter save, but you could always just reload the shantytown chapter save, simce the whole area is relatively short.

Edited by Keith