All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Meh, honestly in the entire 5 years of owning my 360 I've never rented a game, borrowed or loaned a game from someone, bought or traded in a used game from any retailer besides Gamestop, and played with my Xbox offline all of maybe 3 times.

But hey, enjoy you're cabin in the woods. The fresh air and nature is good for you.

So, do you prefer it on your back, or on your hands and knees?

It certainly looks as if MS has given up on the international market with these restrictions. Oh, and that chart missing out on the 1.5MBps connection that you'll need for optimum performance of the XBox One.

Edited by Duke Togo

So, do you prefer it on your back, or on your hands and knees?

It certainly looks as if MS has given up on the international market with these restrictions. Oh, and that chart missing out on the 1.5MBps connection that you'll need for optimum performance of the XBox One.

Welcome to content distribution in the 21st century. Frankly I'm shocked there even going to have physical disks at all.

Welcome to content distribution in the 21st century. Frankly I'm shocked there even going to have physical disks at all.

You really have no idea about the realities of connectivity around the world, do you?

Usually I can sell a recent game (read: 6 months to 1 year) on eBay for around 80-90% of the retail price. So while I'm getting 45-50 bucks back on a game on eBay, GameStop will give you 20.

Now that retailers will have a virtual monopoly on used games, how much do you think they'll give you for a game?

Edited by Duke Togo

There's no need for you to defend microsoft's decisions, they have a large marketing team for that. I'm sure by launch time the public will be all in for the "futuristic experience" that the X1 will bring.

An opinion piece but a good one.

"After a month of vague corporate comments from Microsoft executives, we now know the Xbox One's game licensing policy was written from the ground up for companies. It's aggressively anti-consumer and anti-middle class, and it outright ignores underprivileged gamers. It's gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly and out of touch with a growing global resentment for corporations."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4406170/xbox-one-internet-trade-policy

I'm just grateful I'm not a fan of XBox. Even then, it wouldn't have affected me, as I haven't found any place that buys or sells used games...except ebay, of course. Maybe we Malaysians are just sentimental about our games? :huh:

The real kicker is that ultimately the power resides in the hands of the game publishers. If they say you can't resell or share their game, it superceeds Microsoft's policies.

Their only hope of succeeding is that Sony puts a similar system in place. Otherwise they have already lost this generation.

As I was staring at the Wii U display, I thought to myself, if Nintendo had better games and publishers under their belt, they would be a viable alternative to the crap coming out from Microsoft's ass. I guess we'll find out more about Sony's response to Microsoft's crap at E3 this week.

I'm still trying to figure out how these companies are controlling the market legally. How can they set the price and determine what resells for? It's just like when I went to buy an e book online the other day and it was the SAME price no matter where I went. What happened to a free market?

Except Sony hasn't actually said they won't have a similar system implemented. They've been very careful how to word if you can buy used games but they haven't outright said, "no, we don't have this system" and there's been rumors since the beginning of the year that the PS4 would implement a similar system. We'll see. Right now it's both their games to lose, though to most people it probably won't matter one way or another.

Xbox One, lolwut. I have solid Internet, but I can clearly see where people could get pissed. I go to other friends' houses all the time with games of my own to play over there and visa versa, and this really makes that unfeasible nor comfortable. What was Microsoft thinking?

As long as Sony doesn't pull this kind of garbage.....

Xbox1, for the TV obsessed, friendless, and blind consumer in all of us. Even apple doesn't do this kind of stuff...

What happen to video games, now it's all about horse power and graphics.

It's always been about horsepower and graphics.

They can be nice to look at, but there's a reason people keep going back and playing old 8 and 16 bit games from consoles via emulation.

They didn't look pretty. Heck, you might be lucky to get 2 pixels on a character's eyes. But they were fun.

We play them because we're nostalgic, not because current-gen games aren't fun.

They can be nice to look at, but there's a reason people keep going back and playing old 8 and 16 bit games from consoles via emulation.

They didn't look pretty. Heck, you might be lucky to get 2 pixels on a character's eyes. But they were fun.

AMEN brother...

In that IGN article they say that they won't share your information but I'd like to see how they react to the NSA and FBI demanding for your personal information.

I wonder if that final fantasy they list will finally be versus 13, even if rebranded.

Also, good overview of xbot1 policies broken down.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

Very likely. Which sort of explains why SE's been feeding us stale leftovers in the form of FF XIII-2 and FF XIII Lightning Returns (or whatever it's called).

BTW, has The Last of Us been released yet? The damn IGN review only stated the review date but no info on the release date. I took it for granted that a reviewed game would naturally have been released, but some of the comments said something along the lines of, "...and now the wait begins.

Never mind; common sense kicked in, and I googled for the release date. June 14.

Edited by GU-11

SE has said Lightning Returns is the end of FFXIII. I read that to mean no Versus.

Personally, I think they should kill the franchise.

The franchise being Final Fantasy XIII, or Final Fantasy in general?

I more or less agree either way.

Technically speaking, there's really no point in killing the FF franchise, as new each game is set in a different universe...at least, until they got greedy and started making offshoots with FF X, VII (Dirge of Cerberus etc.) and XIII.

Overall, though, most FF games only share the same title but have nothing in common (except for their respective offshoots and minor homages, obviously).

Technically speaking, there's really no point in killing the FF franchise, as new each game is set in a different universe...at least, until they got greedy and started making offshoots with FF X, VII (Dirge of Cerberus etc.) and XIII.

Overall, though, most FF games only share the same title but have nothing in common (except for their respective offshoots and minor homages, obviously).

Each new game? They've been living in XIII land for how long now? It's completely off the rails.

Each new game? They've been living in XIII land for how long now? It's completely off the rails.

Like I said in the last post...each new game up until FF X, which was when the tie-ins/offshoots/franchise-milking started.

With that said, if they intend to keep milking XIII, I guess putting FF to sleep is really the best thing to do. Last I heard, they fired the CEO and appointed the company accountant as his replacement. Wonder how that's working out for them.

SE has said Lightning Returns is the end of FFXIII. I read that to mean no Versus.

Personally, I think they should kill the franchise.

I share this sentiment as well. Although, I think it should have ended after FFX. I would rather see SE develop a new original JRPG or revive an old series like Chrono.

Think it's been confirmed that Versus XIII is dead and has been morphed in XV so you may see a completely different game as opposed to what they showed those few years ago.

Meh, honestly in the entire 5 years of owning my 360 I've never rented a game, borrowed or loaned a game from someone, bought or traded in a used game from any retailer besides Gamestop, and played with my Xbox offline all of maybe 3 times.

But hey, enjoy you're cabin in the woods. The fresh air and nature is good for you.

I haven't either... doesn't make what they're doing a good idea.