All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Ok, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. Forget Sony, Square's had the best showing at E3.

Super Meh. I haven't liked a Final Fantasy since IX, and I don't think renaming Versus 13 to 15 is going to change that.

And yeah, I'm in the minority, but I have never liked any of the Kingdom Hearts games.

If Sony could just skip to the part where the PS4 also costs $500, I can go back to ignoring the "next-gen."

Oh, and I'm seeing shots of a camera looking doo-dad in some of the shots with the PS4. Please tell me that sucker's not mandatory. I was planning on leaving my Wii U and 360 hooked up; I don't have room in front of my TV for a new camera/sensor for every game console under the sun.

No restrictions on used games. No online required. . Sony wins.

Well, there's that. There's also my PS+ membership carrying over, and the whole streaming PS4 games onto the Vita thing. At $300, I'll buy one. At $400, I'll think about it. More than that, and I just don't think I play consoles enough anymore to justify the cost.

$400 bucks

Well there you go. It just made the "I'll consider it" list.

In other news, PS+ will be required for online multiplayer. I honestly couldn't care, because A.)I'm already a PS+ subscriber for the "free" games and discounts, and B.) You're unlikely to ever actually see me play anything both online and multiplayer.

Edited by mikeszekely

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sony just beat MS into the ground. It's jaw dropping.

OH man that was crazy 399 and used games!!!

Destiny looked good

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yo anime52k8, where you stand on this now bro? Haha, I'm teasing.

But yeah, 399, no cruddy used game system, and awesome games. Ff15 trailer looked cool, albeit breaking from tradition. I think Sony just won the next generation with a crushing victory. Any release date information?

Guest davidwhangchoi

no official date yet, just this holiday announced so far, tomorrow is the officially start of E3 so we'll prob know more then.

Yo anime52k8, where you stand on this now bro? Haha, I'm teasing.

But yeah, 399, no cruddy used game system, and awesome games. Ff15 trailer looked cool, albeit breaking from tradition. I think Sony just won the next generation with a crushing victory. Any release date information?

Me and my 360 Elite will be soldiering on well into the foreseeable future apparently. The PS4 has nice hardware but I don't care about any of the games that it'll launch with. The only games shown at E3 I actually care about are Watchdogs and Halo 5 (and watchdogs is getting a 360 release anyways so it's a moot point).

should do the gamestop credit conversion

amazon trick and pre-order here

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370922255&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4

I've had too many bad experiences with Amazon and pre-ordering games. As a Prime member, they've screwed me one too many times.

Okay, so while we're gushing about hte PS4's graphics can we at least comment on the console looking frakking retarded?

It looks fine, but really, who cares? It goes on a shelf and I only ever see the front of it. It's hardware, not a piece of artwork.

Sony gave MS one big middle-finger with that presentation.

Frankly though, I didn't see anything to entice me into purchasing either new console anytime soon. Going to stick with current and retro titles, and PC for awhile. When I do decide to make my choice, it'll be the PS4 hands down.

Called it on them renaming Versus. FFXV admittedly looks better than XIII. I never really liked Tetsuya Nomura's style of storytelling though. I hope they atleast get a good musical score, something the series has lacked since FFX.

I'm saddened to see that The Last Guardian is still MIA. :(

Edited by Shadow

Guest davidwhangchoi

I've had too many bad experiences with Amazon and pre-ordering games. As a Prime member, they've screwed me one too many times.

oh man! sorry to hear... i read of people getting screwed who pre-ordered way earlier than others and then having it delayed several weeks and those who pre-ordered the day before gets it on time. so yeah, i feel you.

i just traded in my 360 250gb slim for $202 gamestop credit and converted it to amazon credit. and was waiting for E3 before decided which one to pre-order.

PS4 here we go!

as usual no games at launch.

Last @ e3 they gave a boat loads of ps+ cards that people were putting on ebay for 20 bucks, i hope that happens again. need some cheap PS+ cards now that they charge for multi

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Amazon has it listed as a December 31st release date, but I'm sure that's tentative at this point. I'm in it for square enix, infamous, and watch dogs at this point. Hope mgs5 makes it over as well.

I'm surprised Sony so explicitly mentioned counter arguments to microsofts policies, point for point, though

Edit: as for the growing up on kingdom hearts thing, I thought I told you guys I'm not even 20 yet. Kingdom hearts came out when I was 8ish, and kh2 was out at about 13. So I've been waiting a while for this, as kh really made my childhood.

Edited by Archer

Amazon has it listed as a December 31st release date, but I'm sure that's tentative at this point. I'm in it for square enix, infamous, and watch dogs at this point. Hope mgs5 makes it over as well

Not to worry about MGSV, it was announced as multi-platform ages ago.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Amazon has it listed as a December 31st release date, but I'm sure that's tentative at this point. I'm in it for square enix, infamous, and watch dogs at this point. Hope mgs5 makes it over as well.

I'm surprised Sony so explicitly mentioned counter arguments to microsofts policies, point for point, though

Sony was on the fence about implementing software to prevent/limit used games sales to help publishers stop losing money to used games. but strategically waited till xbox made their move before deciding what to do. it was a good thing too after seeing the backlash. add to the fact the Microsoft did not assure or address gamers concerns about the drm in their press con and didn't acknowledge it, Sony played that card to win supporters as they lost the last console war. (Sony was in the drivers seat following the momentum of the ps2 but really screwed things up. with the high price and unfriendly to the developer community) seems like Microsoft if doing the same but instead with us, alienating the user fanbase

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I guess box is the new sexy in gaming consoles. Props to Sony for giving Microsoft the finger. It won't shock me if Microsoft decided to alter some of its restrictions by next month to duel with Sony.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Microsoft back peddled and left it up to the 3rd party publisher to decide to limit/restricted used game sales. The daily online check just furthers microsoft to keep track of where your games are being used (DRM) ala steam.

there's probably an offline mode for military personnel. but it's so much more refreshing to hear if there isn't any restriction software on the PS4. privacy concerns (kinect always on) plus DRM and the 500 price point. xbox has an uphill battle. lot of spinning/backtracking to do.

Edited by davidwhangchoi