1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

post-1819-0-52980000-1325865445_thumb.jpg

sexy~

My only suggestion would be to let the shoulder engines rotate separately from the arms themselves to allow better articulation

Given that my beautiful VF-17 has extra articulation just because I'm not worried

yeah, the engines should act like giant shoulder pauldrons in battroid mode and not be fixed in place.

This thing will be mine and likely never come out of fighter mode. I think its one of the best looking fighters out there in the macross world and was never really used.

My thoughts exactly!

Agreed on the shoulder pauldrons - If you look very closely on most lineart it looks like the valk actually has a fairly VF-1 shaped shoulder mechanism UNDER that massive booster/cannon. Allowing them to move separately wouldn't just look better but allow those cannons to be, well, pointed at something.

Also, love the notion of using magnets to hold in the conformal missiles, that would be sweet. Hardpoints for the wings would be cool, but I'm not sure they're necessary - however just because of the compendium file (and my instinct that any valk should be able to carry a gunpod) It would be nice to also have a spot to store a handgun of some sort - GU-11 seems like it would be an easy move for yamato.

It is a shame that this design hasn't been used more, I love all the modes - even the battroid looks like a "futuristic" superhero, and the jet is so sleek and sexxy. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Yamato does with this. On one hand, on most of their best pieces they've had multiple chances to work out details and kinks (VF/YF-19 is up to the third version, as is the VF-1) on the other hand, they did a bang up job on the VF-17 for a first run (even if it was a step back from the 19 according to Graham, but again, I suspect that partly because the only good examples they had to work from are garage kits and an old Bandai).

This thing has never been a toy, and some of the garage kits vary pretty wildly from both the line art and each other. I don't mind them taking their time to get it to be as solid and beautiful as they can.

Ah, I see top ramen and a possible kidney sale in the future. . . .

I also agree that some of the garage kits vary pretty wildly from the lineart - its one of my favorite designs, yet I've held off on the resin kits as I feel none of them capture the VF-4 properly - most are too thin and pointy. I hope it takes the shape of the VF-1 nose a bit more like the Flashback 2012 lineart.

For me, the aircraft mode is key! Hence I still prefer the 1/48 Yamatos over the 1/60 (I know, I'm in the minority!) - but I almost exclusively display all of them in the aircraft mode.

I'm so excited about this release! Way to go Yamato!! Make sure you make enough for us foreigners!!!

For me, the aircraft mode is key! Hence I still prefer the 1/48 Yamatos over the 1/60 (I know, I'm in the minority!) - but I almost exclusively display all of them in the aircraft mode.

but the 1/48 has kind of a terrible fighter mode. Yeah it's better than the Club-M kit but it's not as compact as the 1/60 toys.

I have been out of the Macross toy game for a year or so and this has given me the bug again. This thing is going to be fantastic not just because were finely getting a VF-4 but this opens the door to other valks like the VF-0D.:) O its going to be a great year. also +1 if any one is doing a group buy.

I'm so excited about this release! Way to go Yamato!! Make sure you make enough for us foreigners!!!

Nah, I'm with you on the 1/48's. I dig the 1/60 v2's, but the nose and sheer size of the 1/48's are what I love about them. The 1/60 v2's pull off everything else but the nose, and I'm not too thrilled about the shoulder breakage on mine, even after replacing them.

Suffice to say, the VF-4 has been one of the very few "must haves" on my list, and can't wait to see pics!

Bring it Yamato!!!

Man, I can't believe it's already been 10 years since zero came out.

Biggest thing I disliked about the 1/48 is the extremely wide canopy, but overall both the 1/48 and the v2 1/60's are great representations of the VF-1.

Chris

I wonder what color schemes Yamato will make for VF-4. Skull Leader for sure. But how about Max and Miria edition? Even a Macross 30th Anniversary special? Maybe I am getting too far down the production line here... ^_^

I wonder what color schemes Yamato will make for VF-4. Skull Leader for sure. But how about Max and Miria edition? Even a Macross 30th Anniversary special? Maybe I am getting too far down the production line here... ^_^

Low-viz plsthx.

See, I actually like the SD battroid better. It's just far less fiddly than the final one. Also a better design successor to the VF-1.

Granted, I see that the long nosecone could cause problems, but it could always fold back ala VF-3000... Ah never mind, UN Spacy was obviously working off the torso design of the SV-51.

Edited by Kelsain

kawamori_vfx4_gerwalk.jpg

Where was this picture from

I know it's a Kawamori drawing because I can hear the markers squeaking with every line

and it also matches that sketchy VF-X-4 drawing from the previously seen Design Works pictures

So I guess he had an idea of how the arms and legs would transform. It's just the torso that was always kind of nebulous.