Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

The VF-25G seems to be the only VF-25 with a neck! :o The RVF-25 has no neck, the VF-25S has no neck, the VF-25F has no neck...

And what a damned fugly gap in fighter mode with the head. :p

@animek52k8: About the "A" game thing. Look at those Saint Cloth Myth pics and go search for some screenshots of those characters from the anime. You may not like the style, but Bandai got the looks spot on.

The Alto custom is looking better and better in my opinion. It may not be anime accurate, but it looks pleasing enough for me. For me, the high hip placement doensn't make it less aesthetically pleasing. Like I said before, it makes it look like a VF-1/0 series battroid, which is a good thing.

What does worry me about the hip placement is articulation. Granted, even the Yamato VF-0 is difficult to pose in this area, what with the wings and diecast section of the fuselage sliding mechanism getting in the way of the hips. I can see the same problems with the DX. If Bandai had followed the lineart accurately, then there would have been more space for the hips to move around. That's my only nitpick so far based on the pics alone.

I REALLY hope that that Ozma battroid was mistransformed. If that is how the head will look like in the final product, then I'll have to get the Armored Ozma instead.

I just had a thought... maybe if the legs were in the correct position as in the lineart, the toy would flop over? The leg joint seems to be similar to the SV-51. God knows the SV-51 has the habit of keeling over itself on the thigh joints from slightly incorrect posture. Perhaps this is to address the stability issue?

Wasn't the whole point of starting this new thread, other than keeping it separate from the model, and 1/100 to keep all new pics in the first post? Not to nitpick but I really was liking being able to go to the first page and see the updates without having to go through page after page and read all of the nitpicks about big crotches and what-not. Can we please get an update for the first page?

I think these are looking awesome though... particularly this one

I for one never really liked the idea of posting new pics only on the first page. Most people including myself check the toy threads several times daily for updates anyway and I don't really like having to check back to the first page all the time just for new pics.

By all means new pics an be posted on the first page, but they should also be posted in the in current posts.

Graham

If Bandai is going to make the Quarter I wonder what scale they'd use for it. I can't wait to see some prototype pictures of the Quarter! Big transforming ships with lots of features is right up Bandai's black alley!

Edited by SuperHobo

That guy is sporting some Zone of the Enders crotch right there. It looks really bad with that hip placement.

At least the Valk's cockpit is in the torso.....and not the crotch....essshhh that's bad.

Just to let you kids know, Bandai has made ship models before. White Base, Musai-class from MSG, Archangel and Minerva from Gundam SEED, and Ptolemaios from Gundam 00.

Careful with your word "kids" Az.....people might sh*t a bandai. cough* chrono* cough*

BTW....Is it me, or the super pack on the G looks "plasticy".....In fact, the Valk does too....well I hope they paint it.

I was just watching episode 25 and noticed something interesting.

Go to time marker 15:17 to 15:20 and take a look at Alto's VF-25 (returning to MQ and switching from Fighter to Gerwalk).

The legs are well below the shield which makes it similar to the DX version.

See what I mean? It's anime accurate after all.

I was just watching episode 25 and noticed something interesting.

Go to time marker 15:17 to 15:20 and take a look at Alto's VF-25 (returning to MQ and switching from Fighter to Gerwalk).

The legs are well below the shield which makes it similar to the DX version.

See what I mean? It's anime accurate after all.

Yep, the legs are still in transition from fighter to Gerwalk. You can clearly see the dark triangle, behind the intake, which means the legs are not completely straight yet.

Graham

I demand BATTLE FRONTIER and BATTLE GALAXY

(And yes, M Quarter is nice too)

Agreed! Man, I'd love a huge Battle Frontier toy, I'd be willing to shell out for it, too. Epic-sized! Towering over the rest of my collection. Like two feet long/tall or something. I know it won't happen, but I can dream.

I demand BATTLE FRONTIER and BATTLE GALAXY

(And yes, M Quarter is nice too)

Same here. I like them better than Macross Quarter. I just don't think Quarter looks all that Macross like while Battle Frontier looks like the kick ass "Battle" ship from M7. I've wanted one of those ever since I saw it in M7...