Thunder Hammer

EXO

Hi all. I finally have the oppurtunity to have enough of the this finished so that I can post it. First of all, I can't take credit for building it. As some of you know I've been working with an FX company who's been building props for our production company. One of the props dudes saw the scans I have on my desk of the armor and liked it. I asked him how much it would cost for him to build it on a pre-existing toy. At first he was hesitant, but he kept coming back to look at the picture. He's all into Metal Skin Panic and mecha hardware stuff too but he's never seen Macross. So after a while I convinced him to take up the job. By convinced I mean gave him the correct figure. And it's costing me a pretty penny too. So here it is, I hope you enjoy the pictures. Thanks to hirohawa for painting the valk and to Solscud007 for taking the pictures.

MODELED AND DESCRIBED BY KOUICHI HATAKEYAMA

COLOR DESIGN BYSHIGEKI NINOMIYA

as credited on two decals on the kit

Special thanks to:

fulcy, for the gigantic scans that made this possible and for the hollow lasers on the 1S head.

hirohawa, for painting up the valk... looks even better now after the panel lines... more pics to come up soon

Solscud for the beautiful pictures

Eternal D for the custom sculpted hands.

And of course to the artist, that put so much into it, and even put off bigger projects to get this done.

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

This is obviously a figment of my imagination. ;) I guess I should save these pics to my PC before this thread gets closed, the pics disappear, and you state, "What Thunder Hammer? I know not of what you speak." Is this going to be a 1 of 1, or will it be available for the rest of us?

Edited by Wicked Ace

???WTF?? (rubs eyes) ah hell no..!!!.....what......????1/48???

out of everything on this board,all the sick collections, amazing customs and fantastic scratchbuilds.... thissss..........my friend reallly makes me envious....

well im off to do laundry(shat my pants again)!!!!

As some of you know I've been working with an FX company who's been building props for our production company. One of the props dudes saw the scans I have on my desk of the armor and liked it. I asked him how much it would cost for him to build it on a pre-existing toy. At first he was hesitant, but he kept coming back to look at the picture. So after a while I convinced him to take up the job. By convinced I mean gave him the correct figure. And it's costing me a pretty penny too.

Here are the parts of EXO's post that are most concerning. :mellow:

Holy frack! That's friggin awesome! Good job on the pix solscud! Dang, I would love to have one of these in my collection. Ya dood, can that guy from the FX company make more or is this the one and only? Man, recast that beast! ^_^

Having spent some time with EXO's Thunder Hammer I can tell you the crazy thing is that in real life it looks like a real manufactured piece - the craftsmanship is utterly mind blowing. By far the most ambitous custom done to a Macross toy.

You guys are going to be blown away if you ever get to see it.

And I blame EXO for it.

RE-CAST!!!!!

Question, the upper armor part, for the chest, seems a bit lower, i was wandering if that was for pictures, or can you bring it higher, or it doesnt really do that???

<slap>

Dude, this piece is flawless. There is nothing, and I mean nothing incorrect about this incredible custom. Nick's beautiful pics express it all in every imaginable splendor.

Exo, congrats and thank you on keeping the 1/48 alive and kicking ass.

Screw the 1/60 VF-1....

Seriously Exo, I'd give a hefty chunk of cash to own this bad-boy. Is there anyway to get this recast or is it in large un-recastable parts? Talk to the FX guy and see if there is anyway to make this happen. I am sure there are people on these boards, that would put down some serious bank without quetion, just to own this work of rare art..

I blame EXO.