Finished my custom PG GP01 today after a very long build time.

post-600-0-47177000-1466974674_thumb.jpg had special made upscaled water slides based on the RG build.

post-600-0-79799400-1466974679_thumb.jpg in scale with RG, MG and then PG.

It's probably the most solid build between the 3 versions I own, I dislike the RG immensely being so floppy and gap ridden, the MG is fine but required so much paint work. The PG was just right for me with lots of nice inner details and sharp lines.

I was checking out reviews on those hguc exclusive kits for the guncannon, gundam, and gouf revives and it said the markings are waterslides so now I gotta get em. I was gonna pass em up due to my hatred for stickers and assumed that's what they were based on the other hguc kits, but I sure hope this is a trend that will go on with the rest of the line from now on exclusive or not.

The ankle armor confuses me on that one. Up until I think the mid nineties the ankle armor was attached to the lower leg, then almost every Gundam since has had it connected to the foot. It feels a little odd, but I'm still getting on or two.

I haven't read or seen origin yet and was wondering about that machine gun. It's the same as the Gouf test type and much bigger than the 08th ms Team version. Did Zeon make it first? Is there a story to this anywhere?

For those wondering about the HGUC Gyan Revive's compatibility with the HGBC Valuable Pod, it will work, but it's not 100% compatible. For the shoulder armor, you will need to do the following steps:

1. Disassemble the two main halves of each Valuable Pod shoulder armor and turn the inner round parts around so the peg holes will be in the same direction as the beam saber holders.
2. Remove the side caps of the Gyan's shoulders.
3. Fit the shoulder armor over the shoulders. They will be held only by friction, but it will be a snug fit.

Also, as the shoulder armor is in purple, you may want to paint them to match the Gyan.

Here are some pics, along with a cheap re-enactment of episode 23 of Gundam Build Fighters.

gyanvulcan01_zps3tedll8q.jpg

gyanvulcan02_zpsixk6el89.jpg

gyanvulcan03_zpsrslqwt0r.jpg

gyanvulcan04_zpstgpvagnm.jpg

gyanvulcan05_zpsfgfq9d8n.jpg

gyanvulcan06_zps3lpr7fop.jpg

I think, for the first time ever, I've lost a piece (a pair, actually). :( MG Wing Gundam. HLJ doesn't do parts orders any more, and even if they did---it's a "single piece, on 2 duplicate sprues" so it'd cost a decent chunk to get a pair. Has this kit been KO'd? I'd much rather buy a KO to get two parts, than an entire MG kit again.

The original, true, TV Wing Gundam. Not Katoki, not OVA, not a revamp. This one:

http://hlj.com/product/BAN962352/Gun

There are lots of brand out there but I have limited it to a certain brand. Of the two brand (TT hongli and daban) I chose, only saw the katoki or ova versions comes out. There might be KO of it with other brand but it might not be a good copy.

Btw David, what part is missing?

Edited by chyll2

Found my parts! They were on the workbench/table. Already checked there two or three times over the last 48 hours, but they somehow avoided detection every time. Yeesh, I spent a decent chunk of the the past two days checking every nook and cranny and box I could think of...

I'm glad my daughter still lives with me, because she is the worlds best missing piece finder. I've lost parts in carpet almost as small as a pencil tip and somehow she has had a perfect record of location.

Glad you found your parts. It really is frustrating especially when they are right in front of you and they just somehow blend in.

I'm curious to see if a revive Gelgoog will be coming soon after seeing that pic.

Or an RG.

Heh don't get my hopes up, though I'd say the revive is more likely with all the repaints and slight retools they could do.

I'm curious to see if a revive Gelgoog will be coming soon after seeing that pic.

Least likely for the standard/Char/Cannon variants, as they came out in 2006-2007 and there's not much to improve on them as their articulation and proportions are pretty much spot-on. On the other hand, the Gelgoog Marine from 0083 hasn't aged well, especially the Cima custom. The Gelgoog Jäger from 0080 may or may not need a Revive treatment, depending on how it looks beside Char's Gelgoog.