I got in my p bandai powered GMs (yep bought more than one.....) and when I opened up the box and looked inside I saw blackish gray Gundam Mark II parts......I mean like a ton of Mark II parts! Backpack, shield, head, I think legs and arm parts for the armor plating, beam rifle, bazooka, etc etc etc.
WTF gives on that? It's just so random!

I got in my p bandai powered GMs (yep bought more than one.....) and when I opened up the box and looked inside I saw blackish gray Gundam Mark II parts......I mean like a ton of Mark II parts! Backpack, shield, head, I think legs and arm parts for the armor plating, beam rifle, bazooka, etc etc etc.

WTF gives on that? It's just so random!

That's a trademark of a PBandai kit. Often if the kit in question shares parts with another kit they just shove the entire runner its on into the box.

Hobby search has the Geara Doga mg listed for rerelease. So if you can't find one now other sites will also be listing it as well. I just checked the hobby search site and they are taking preorders for it now with an October rerelease. If you don't like their site other sites will get them in at about the same time, but may not list a preorder.

Edited by Big s

Here's a quick photoshoot of my HGUC Zeta Plus A1 and some comparisons with its older MG version. Despite being a partsformer, it's a huge improvement over the HGUC Zeta Gundam with its tighter joints and the Wave Rider mode's compatibility with an Action Base. I still prefer the MG kit, as it's the easiest to transform among all the MG Zeta kits.

zetaplusuc01_zps5daoy3xj.jpg

zetaplusuc02_zpskwutyize.jpg

zetaplusuc03_zpssuielsam.jpg

zetaplusuc04_zpsxpmqvnok.jpg

zetaplusuc05_zpsolxijxh4.jpg

zetaplusuc06_zpshfw4gdwc.jpg

zetaplusuc07_zpsai9irbl7.jpg

zetaplusuc08_zpsvpsc10al.jpg

zetaplusuc09_zpssqsbgh1t.jpg

zetaplusuc10_zpsonpjeq4f.jpg

zetaplusuc11_zpshfo0xfxc.jpg

zetaplusuc12_zpsrokrhqwl.jpg

zetaplusuc13_zps4gkn8ovk.jpg

Edited by areaseven

Personally I don't like 1/144 kits being fully transformable. They usually end up over complicated and crappy. I kinda wish they would do 2 in 1 kits where you get a kit for both modes.

Any way on to the subject of real grades, that review made me sad. I have the sinanju in my private wearhouse and was looking forward to it, but I will still take it anyway and hope for a better experience.

Added two more Gundam models to my backlog, the HGUC Byarlant Custom and HGUC Gaplant TR-5. I don't usually but 1/144 scale kits, but these two looked quite cool to me.

The Byarlant Custom is easily one of my all time favorite kits. Great detail and articulation, surprisingly well-balanced for a top-heavy design, and fairly easy to build. Just have some wine red or burgundy paint ready for the thruster panels.

The Gaplant TR-5 Hrairoo, on the other hand, is a mixed bag. It looks badass, but posing it can be quite a chore due to its loose joints. And because of the new parts, what was once a fully transformable kit has resorted to partsforming.

Nothing particularly exciting. Actually, I'm pretty disappointed that the RG line is dipping into BF when there are a TON of MS I'd rather see. Even if I exclude UC, since everyone knows I'm a UC purist, I'm still waiting for the other four hero Gundam from Wing, any Gundam from 00 besides Setsuna's, Infinite Justice, Turn A, Gundam X, etc...

Do you think chances of them announcing the other 4 GWing mobile suits are slim?

Here's my RG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.GFT. It's essentially the same kit as the standard RG kit, but with the addition of Magnetic Coating joints, a display stand with adapter, a floating Amuro Ray figurine with cable, and an additional marking sheet to match the livery of the 1/1 Gundam statue.

rggundam01_zpsmdghx2uo.jpg

rggundam02_zpsptyczbgn.jpg

rggundam03_zpsq9jsebc5.jpg

rggundam04_zpsjmyal8f6.jpg

rggundam05_zpspaukiy7y.jpg

rggundam06_zps4wbhxlei.jpg

rggundam07_zpsjxilqcee.jpg

rggundam08_zpsspu438gc.jpg

rggundam09_zpsayenmolz.jpg

rggundam10_zpsvs6yd7s8.jpg

rggundam11_zpsyglmtmhk.jpg

rggundam12_zpswwwgtvc0.jpg

rggundam13_zpskohox5qe.jpg

rggundam14_zpskivkvpi1.jpg

rggundam15_zpsf1unr8lu.jpg

rggundam16_zpswzlkib6k.jpg

rggundam17_zpsmfgc8wus.jpg

rggundam18_zpsbcd78aox.jpg

As much as I wanted it to be my favorite 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam, it falls short due to the extremely loose hands and the weapon pegs refusing to stay on them, as well as armor panels falling off and the loose Action Base 2 adapter. The RG wins on the looks and articulation department, but in terms of durability, it loses to the three HG kits. Furthermore, the HGUC Revive beats it on overall poseability. Still, the RG is a good kit for those who want all the MG-level bells and whistles in a small package.

Do you think chances of them announcing the other 4 GWing mobile suits are slim?

When they announced RG Wing Zero they were showing some picture that suggested that Wing Zero's frame would be used on four more suits, and we all got excited thinking that RG Sandrock, Heavyarms, D-Hell, and Altron were coming. In the year and a half plus since then, we've got one kit using that frame, and it was the EW version of Wing. Meanwhile, they've res-used the Exia frame twice (00 Raiser and 00 Qan[T]), apparently the Mk II frame (Sinanju), and the RG line is already dipping into the Build Fighters well. Given that the Build Strike is going to reuse Strike's frame (and Strike was from 2011) I think Bandai would have no problem trotting out the Wing Zero frame again in the future... the question is when? I think the other four Operation Meteor MS are still a definite possibility, but I doubt we'll see one any time soon.

Gah, yesterday my HLJ warehouse hit 60 and they shipped it. So of course, today, after weeks of waiting, the last little 300Y item comes in stock. :p

I really don't want to ship it by itself, but there's nothing coming out in the next 60 days AFAIK. (If Bandai would hurry up with a VF-31A, then I'd be fine...)

Gah, yesterday my HLJ warehouse hit 60 and they shipped it. So of course, today, after weeks of waiting, the last little 300Y item comes in stock. :p

I really don't want to ship it by itself, but there's nothing coming out in the next 60 days AFAIK. (If Bandai would hurry up with a VF-31A, then I'd be fine...)

Well, I just got a payment request for the 1/72 SV-262, so... there's that?

Speaking of the VF-31A, the Tomy Tec one is coming out soon as well. (Guess what two kits I'll be getting?)

So I'm 98% done with my MG Zeta Plus. And I've gotta ask---is there any Gundam that can't hold its gun, worse than this kit can't? It's mind-blowing how many issues there are with trying to get it to do any sort of grip, much less not hold it 45 degrees off to the side while doing so. Might as well just glue it to the back, because it simply looks ridiculous "holding" the beam rifle.

The MG Ground Gundam has the exact same problem. It's an issue with all older MGs, I imagine. (The Wing Zero/Ver Ka had ratcheting knuckle joints, but the same overall design.) It's a design flaw carried over from their 90s 1/100 NG/HG kits. I remember the 1/100 EW kits were nearly as bad, redeemed only by the relative ease of weapon designs (and the lack of articulated thumb).

I guess it would be nice if the HLJ policy would be that after 60 days it will automatically ship at the end of the month. I had to ship an order now and till the end of the month there will be two small items that will enter the warehouse with the next item being the VF-31J in December. I guess I have to order something in between. ^_^

Oh no, floor polish etc won't help at all. It's not a friction thing, the hand just doesn't even "fit" the grip. There's a solid 2-3mm gap all around most edges. It looks like a cat or dog trying to hold it in their paw----the shapes just don't work together.

Even when they have the molded inserts for weaponary they still tend to be a bit problematic it's almost tradition imo.

I recently quit my local gunpla club due to some drama related issues so it's left me surprisingly with a lot more free time to build again. I kind of want to start working on a custom Nu Gundam ver Ka I got laying around and one of the things I want to do is add small magnets to the funnels while attached to the MS. Anyone ever come across anything ever detailing that kind of procedure?