God that shield so simple yet so different. Mine is coming, probably arrives tomorrow, no later than tuesday at least. It'll just go into the pile like all my other HGGO stuff right now until I got more time.

You better finish that Leo before bandai puts out a web exclusive

Pretty much half done and just gotta do paint work to the head before I finish the upper body. Lots of the work was done over the weekend

Looking at the HGO Local Type video, it looks very likely that they'll do a Revive Ground Gundam soon using parts of that mold. Not that they really need to, though, considering how well the first HGUC holds up even now. That shield prop gimmick is still the absolute worst, though...

I just got the local type and I don't think any of it's mold can be used for a standard ground type. The gun is bigger, the shoulders, and chest are similar but still too different to reuse. The legs and joints are also different even the ammo clips are bigger.

Although a revive of the 79g would be nice or a msd gm.

With HGs you almost have to. Even when they give you stickers it'll only be enough for maybe half the verniers.

For this kit, all verniers have stickers, but since I have Mr. Color Wine Red from my Zaku Amazing project, I used that instead. The only foil stickers I used were for the head sensors.

As for the shields, having foil stickers that size should be outlawed. Also, the orange color didn't contrast well with the red panels, so I opted for yellow-orange spray paint, which was closer to the box and manual pics.

They were small, but some of those f90/91 kits were super small for 1/100 before the mg kits became big. I think it was the guntank from then that wasn't much bigger than the average 1/144 kit even though it was 1/100. I think the victory mg was a smaller mg, but I might be wrong.

Is Wing Gundam like the smallest MG, of any "normal" suit? (not like a Ball or anything). I think I've built 1/144's that were bigger:

IMG_4973_zpsxsd1ritb.jpg

The Gundams in Wing were F-91/Victory sized, smaller than the RX-78 and way smaller than stuff like the Nu. I think the scale sort of works out some big suits, like Nu or Sazabi, are roughly the same size at 1/144 as the Wing Gundams are at 1/100.

The HGBF Miss Sazabi, which is taller than the HGUC Sazabi, stands at just around the same height as the MG Wing, I believe.

Then of course there are the Dendrobium and Neo Zeong, the longest and tallest Gundam kits Bandai have ever produced, respectively, both at 1/144 scale.

On that note, I'm thinking about picking up the MG Tallgeese. But I'd have to paint the entire thing, which to me kinda negates half the point/fun of a Gundam kit. (because I demand TV colors---Tallgeese didn't have white boosters and yellow accents all over, nor was there any navy). The many TV-colors repaints look awesome, but makes for much more work.

Tallgeese, vs Tallgoose:

MG_Tallgeese_comparison-11.jpg

I'm kinda deciding between MG Tallgeese, Wing Zero Proto, and Epyon. Leaning towards Epyon.

On that note, I'm thinking about picking up the MG Tallgeese. But I'd have to paint the entire thing, which to me kinda negates half the point/fun of a Gundam kit. (because I demand TV colors---Tallgeese didn't have white boosters and yellow accents all over, nor was there any navy). The many TV-colors repaints look awesome, but makes for much more work.

Tallgeese, vs Tallgoose:

*snip*

I'm kinda deciding between MG Tallgeese, Wing Zero Proto, and Epyon. Leaning towards Epyon.

Painting negates half the point/fun of a Gundam kit?

The other problem with the Tallgese is the proportions are from the later version rather than the original. I wish they made the tv version instead of the comic one.

That's wishful thinking, as Gundam Wing isn't very popular in Japan - which is why Tallgeese II-III and Altron Gundam (Nataku) are P-Bandai exclusives.