2 seater 1/48s

EXO

would you want one?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. would you want one?

• Hell yeah! Bring them all on! Ostrich, Elint, VF-1D
    • I would buy just one
    • What for? All 2 seaters suck! Backseat drivers suck. You suck!!!
    • I'm done with the 1/48s... and thank god so is Yamato.

lol...

So can i please ask you one thing good sir... this design is complete then right? You have a fully working VF-1D

FULLY FUNCTIONAL, AND MAY I ADD THE PARTS STAY TOGETHER WITHOUT GLUE, TAPE OR ANYTHING ELSE.

and painted advanced kit sitting right in front of you don't you? *grins*

:ph34r:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

If I were negotiating with HG I would have received a C&D by the end of my first post. <_<

That is not very funny.

I hope that your work is produced.

Yes so you get credit, VF-1D for the masses, but hopefully Yamato finally sees that there is a market worth fighting for in North America. Yamato won the suit in Japan... Why put off till tomorrow a fight you can pick today.

Never posted before (just joined actually), but NMB4M, I just gotta let you know how much your dedication & commitment to this project means to me personally. You have taken another very daunting task and given it the royal treatment it deserves! Because of your love of Macross and it's many, many fans & supporters (especially for the 1/48 scale), we sit at a crossroads so pivotal that it may change my whole attitude toward continuing to collect Yamato products.

Thank you for reminding what immense talent, hard work, and overall enthusiasm can get you in life. You have earned my support for anything Macross, or otherwise, that you decide to put your talented hands to.

Here's to praying that you get what you want from this endeavor. Because if it pays off, you will certainly have made my wishes come true. And for that, all I can say is THANK YOU TO INFINITY!!!!!!!!

p.s. and the same applies to you to EXO!!!!

I hope that you (by you I mean NMB4M) get what you deserve from this great crusade you have set out upon. I also hope we all get to profit from the ultimate VF-1D. I would more like to see this in 1/48th but if 1/60 is what it takes to see this become real then what must be must be.

NMB4,

1) when you said credit, do you mean your name will be printed on the packaging or stamp molded on the valk toy itself, or both - kind of credit?

2) or does that credit also comes with the contractor/consultant fee?

If by credit you meant you're only getting (1) and not (2), please tell Yamato to fvck off.

Settle for nothing less than 15% cut for every valk that Yamato makes and sells of your version of the VF1D. Otherwise you're better off selling the kits to the fans to DIY or gain more by doing a full customization job on the 1/48 VF1D for fans without any skills.

Big West, Yamato and the Macross fandom be damned.

Yeah BOB I'm sure that's the same deal Kawomori gets.

Let's inflame things on the boards - that should be confidential - and make the 1D project crash and burn - great idea!

NMB4,

1) when you said credit, do you mean your name will be printed on the packaging or stamp molded on the valk toy itself, or both - kind of credit?

If by credit you meant you're only getting (1) and not (2), please tell Yamato to fvck off.

Settle for nothing less than 15% cut for every valk that Yamato makes and sells of your version of the VF1D. Otherwise you're better off selling the kits to the fans to DIY or gain more by doing a full customization job on the 1/48 VF1D for fans without any skills.

NMB4,

I'm not into having my name on the packaging, but if that's what it takes, so be it. I meant more along the lines of when pics of the prototype are produced and I get a one liner for my involvement and nothing more.

It would be freelance since I was never contracted nor aske to consult on this eneavor.

Ease up, let me work this out. I've dealt with these type of situations before, it's not only a matter of time, but a matter of profitability as well.

Thanks again for your concern, but I will do my best to handle this accordingly. Basically I want this to be a win win situation where I and Yamato are the winners (and let's not forget the fans).

I think you're getting ahead of yourself, let's just wait for Yamato's response.

I have other items that would be of great interest to Yamato, so if the 1D dies the rest will folllow. But this is not my intent nor my vision, I want the 1D available to all, as well as the VE-1 and the VT-1.

Thank you NMB4 for your answers. I was almost convinced sometimes that the whole Macross franchise is merely kept afloat by the fans' passion and whatever figure they have in their pocket book. 15% cut of the total cost (not the selling price) it took to make the 1D line is not a lot to ask - even as a freelance fee - just to get the 1 D out to the market. And I asked those questions with the best intentions. Godspeed to your ventures man. I would buy your Yamato 1D provided that Yamato doesn't fvck it up. :)

Well, I hope they do take this design and make it for the 1/48s. I am not keen on the new releases of the 1/60s. I like to keep the same scale but those destroids are coming. Still I rather go 1/48 on the VF-1 series... Whichever, good luck to you NB4M. I hope they consider it.

Hmm...this is really getting interesting, they're actually wanting to incorporate this into the new 1/60 line too?! Wow...now that would be awesome if they can, I love the way the new 1/60 VF-1S looks, and I really want to keep everything in one scale if at all possible.

If they can't incorporate it into the 1/60 line, then I might just have to break down and get a 1D in 1/48 scale, just to have those cool features. NB4M, I'm praying that this works out for you like you're hoping it will. :)

-Kyp

Hey my cousin is a business lawyer..not sure how much he knows about issues like this but if ya ever need someone to interpret legalize..

I agree you should receive some type of $ compensation for your works.

Even if it is just a one time consult fee..it would be great to receive royalties though...

Link up with Exo and you guys could sell a package to Yamato...from the hrdcore to the world...think of it....

Link up with Exo and you guys could sell a package to Yamato...from the hrdcore to the world...think of it....

Not that I'm disagreeing with this statement completely, I failed to see why must Yamato be involved without firstly, looking at ways to do this independently. It's not like these guys can't do a good job themselves... it's more likely the chances of screw-up is higher with Yamato's involvement.

You guys should benefit a 100% from all the hardwork. Why share the fruits of your labor with a company that is concerned only with marking up profits of independent sculptors' work and not so much with the quality ultimately? Stamping their company name with Big West's doesn't convince me that your blood & sweat are their work, but in time, they will come to own your sculpts and transformation ideas while you only get a one time pay-off. All this will ultimately work in their favor more than it is yours. Please remember that.

• 3 weeks later...
Not that I'm disagreeing with this statement completely, I failed to see why must Yamato be involved without firstly, looking at ways to do this independently. It's not like these guys can't do a good job themselves... it's more likely the chances of screw-up is higher with Yamato's involvement.

You guys should benefit a 100% from all the hardwork. Why share the fruits of your labor with a company that is concerned only with marking up profits of independent sculptors' work and not so much with the quality ultimately? Stamping their company name with Big West's doesn't convince me that your blood & sweat are their work, but in time, they will come to own your sculpts and transformation ideas while you only get a one time pay-off. All this will ultimately work in their favor more than it is yours. Please remember that.

I don't mind if they work off my sculpts and whatnot, as long as I get me fair share. I'm not looking to get rich off this deal. I would love to see this made and get recognition for this work. Besides, the 1D is done and the SuperOstrich is not too far behind.

Besides, I'm not a toy producer nor dealer. I'm just a cake guy.

I don't mind if they work off my sculpts and whatnot, as long as I get me fair share. I'm not looking to get rich off this deal. I would love to see this made and get recognition for this work. Besides, the 1D is done and the SuperOstrich is not too far behind.

Besides, I'm not a toy producer nor dealer. I'm just a cake guy.

I like cake. The orangey flavoured type. :p VT-1 for the win!!!!!!!!!!! If Yamato screw around and or don't give you your

deserts just do the kit! I want my 48' VT-1. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I like cake. The orangey flavoured type. :p VT-1 for the win!!!!!!!!!!! If Yamato screw around and or don't give you your

deserts just do the kit! I want my 48' VT-1. :p

*In snooty-french-waiter voice.

Would you like that ala Flam-Thunder-Hammered, Roast VT-1 or our catch du jour delictible VF-1D?

post-2246-1208735686_thumb.jpg

After the 1/60 line is a long time... so many 1 seater variants (sigh). And the 1/60 scale 2 seaters better not be after ALL the one seaters.

Dammit Yamato better have a 2 seater after the VF-1A ?? Don't give a stuff about the 1J, only if it would be released with the GBP-1S, or atleast not far off from it's spearate release.

CF-1A 1/60 for the win! Or a max 1A, then i can scab off SilverDragon dude and get a 1S 1/60 head with a blue visor! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

how do they look in fighter mode?

You can get an idea of the profile if you look at my avatar.

The 1D is done.

The Ostrich will feature having the head tucked in during non-armoured fighter mode and a protruding head during Super fighter mode. Took me a while to figure it all out. All I need now is to complete the armour and minor details.