2 seater 1/48s

EXO

would you want one?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. would you want one?

• Hell yeah! Bring them all on! Ostrich, Elint, VF-1D
    • I would buy just one
    • What for? All 2 seaters suck! Backseat drivers suck. You suck!!!
    • I'm done with the 1/48s... and thank god so is Yamato.

It does but a new backpack hinge will be designed to utilize and set the the booster and backpack in the correct position as the lineart.

NICE!!! WONDERFUL JOB MATE!!!

:ph34r:

What the hell are you doing here sharing these pics with your fellow Macross enthusiasts when you should be hard at work sculpting these marvels of toy engineering into works of perfection?! Slacker!!

:p

These are basic parts. The really cool stuff is the design for the head and neck. ^_^

Lookin nice as always, can't wait to see the completed VF-1D in all its painted glory. Have you heard anything from Yamato or Graham for that matter about your design yet?

Still waiting.

But while they're taking their sweet time, I could be done with all the valkyries in my sig.

You can get an idea of the profile if you look at my avatar.

The 1D is done.

The Ostrich will feature having the head tucked in during non-armoured fighter mode and a protruding head during Super fighter mode. Took me a while to figure it all out. All I need now is to complete the armour and minor details.

Mega wow! It can tuck in?! You sir are brilliant. 1/48 VT-1 will be moinneee!

Great that the backpack will sit like it does line art'd. One of the reasons i love the Ostrich design.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Nightmare,

Excellent work so far. Can I ask what you use for putty/filler to sculpt parts? (i.e. the "frosting" in your pics?

I'm working on my own custom and am struggling with finding a putty that can go on thick, dries quickly, and sands uniformly.

Nightmare,

Excellent work so far. Can I ask what you use for putty/filler to sculpt parts? (i.e. the "frosting" in your pics?

I'm working on my own custom and am struggling with finding a putty that can go on thick, dries quickly, and sands uniformly.

Use auto body filler. It works great and sets hard and solid as a rock.

Totally, awesome..

When the Ostrich's backpack flops over in Gerwalk, it'll lock in place good enough won't it? But of course.

The old 1/60 version was a little floppy. Just trying to imagine it in my hands now...how about this?

Just mocked everything up really quick. These are probably the last pics you'll be seeing for a while. I'll finish this and begin the next project.

*The thrusters in the booster are just used as fillers. The backpack still needs the newly designed hinge. You can see how far back the backpack sits compare to the corrected position of the booster.

post-2246-1209173295_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1209173305_thumb.jpg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Heck yeah it is...I am glad to see all this after the 'kinda' small customs turnout las year..

I've always loved the bulging tanks on the leg armor, your sculpt looks so organic, good job..good job

Holy crap that is awesome!

Looks like someone is really burning the midnight oil.

MWCON is going to be Insane this year.

Edited by orguss01

Just mocked everything up really quick. These are probably the last pics you'll be seeing for a while. I'll finish this and begin the next project.

*The thrusters in the booster are just used as fillers. The backpack still needs the newly designed hinge. You can see how far back the backpack sits compare to the corrected position of the booster.

Thankyou for the pics Good Sir! :D She's is super duper sexy.

Has anyone brought up the heatsheild factor for the VT-1 or the VF-1D? I soughta remember you said it can be done? :)

I think i'm mistaken tho. Not that it matters! VF-1D would be nice though, i can't really say i'm gonna ever bother getting

further than Gerwalk for either the VT-1 nor VE-1. Strickly fighter gerwaks them ones are.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thankyou for the pics Good Sir! :D She's is super duper sexy.

Has anyone brought up the heatsheild factor for the VT-1 or the VF-1D? I soughta remember you said it can be done? :)

It is done.

I think i'm mistaken tho. Not that it matters! VF-1D would be nice though, i can't really say i'm gonna ever bother getting

further than Gerwalk for either the VT-1 nor VE-1. Strickly fighter gerwaks them ones are.

Too bad, you really would be missing out.

Answering stoooooopid questions like these. :lol:

SUCKA!!!:p

:lol::lol::lol::lol: BTW .....that Super O is lookin devine!

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

It's not like i 'won't' transform it to batts, as that wouldn't do this custom justice (of course!), it's just for display

purposes it'll be in fighter mode (VE-1) and gerwalk or fighter (VT-1). Not that i got any more room mind you. :unsure:

Maybe i'll display the new 1/60' versions in battroid. (maybe no)

Great! We got a working heatsheild for our VF-1D 1/48! :D great job of course man.

Is the seat slidey back feature possible for the VT-1 or VE-1?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It's not like i 'won't' transform it to batts, as that wouldn't do this custom justice (of course!), it's just for display

purposes it'll be in fighter mode (VE-1) and gerwalk or fighter (VT-1). Not that i got any more room mind you. :unsure:

Maybe i'll display the new 1/60' versions in battroid. (maybe no)

Great! We got a working heatsheild for our VF-1D 1/48! :D great job of course man.

Working heatshields on all these customs, and more to come. ^_^

Is the seat slidey back feature possible for the VT-1 or VE-1?

It's is but there are to way many more parts to create just to make that happen. I'm figuring since we didn't see it in the anime, it shouldn't happen. But given by what has been done on the VF-1D, we know it's possible. So we'll leave it at that.

Fantastic work. The VF-1D especially, you'll forgive me for not caring about the seat gimmick, but I'm impressed with how many parts you have retained from the original Yamato and how the D-head design is so well translated into the 1/48 scale.

The Ostrich is great too. just wanted to ask, it won't be much of a challenge for you now to make the Elintseeker in terms of the base VF right? You just gotta design the actual armour.

Fantastic work. The VF-1D especially, you'll forgive me for not caring about the seat gimmick, but I'm impressed with how many parts you have retained from the original Yamato and how the D-head design is so well translated into the 1/48 scale.

The Ostrich is great too. just wanted to ask, it won't be much of a challenge for you now to make the Elintseeker in terms of the base VF right? You just gotta design the actual armour.

That has been my idea from the start of the VT-1. The head design for the Ostrich is a bit extreme in the sense of moving parts and parts count. So far the number of parts required to make the head (and neck) work as designed is 14 parts, to date. :blink:

Since the VT-1 is a bit more complex than the the VE-1, I started with the latter. All I need to do is finish Ostrich and borrow a few bits and begin the Elint.

Really? I would have thought it was the other way around, I didn't know that the VT-1 head was THAT complex, but given your attention to detail, it probably is. :p

Any plans on doing a Funny Chinese with your VF-1D as your base?